Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

1911-22 Picture Thread

58K views 159 replies 84 participants last post by  GrampawEd 
#1 ·
Let's see pictures of your 1911-22 pistols!

#33 · (Edited)
Since we're bragging here are a few of my favorites three in .45, two in 9mm and one 22.lr. You can guess which ones are which.

And the last two of the nickel plated Colt was a present to my son when he graduated from Parris Island. He's one of the Proud, The Few, and came back to us from Afghanistan as an 0311.

#37 ·
Since we're bragging here are a few of my favorites three in .45, two in 9mm and one 22.lr. You can guess which ones are which.

And the last two of the nickel plated Colt was a present to my son when he graduated from Parris Island. He's one of the Proud, The Few, and came back to us from Afghanistan as an 0311.
First, thank you to you and your son for your service.

Second, I'm gonna guess the middle bottom is the 22, the upper left and the upper right are 9mm, and the top, middle right, and middle left are the .45s.

I'm probably very wrong. :rolleyes:

#44 ·
S&W Blues

Well, the folks at Smith & Wesson had me feeling pretty low. Their newest 1911's with those 3 angled lightening cuts behind the front sight are some of the finest looking pistols I've seen in quite some time. And yet... I just can't, in any degree of responsibility, afford one (sigh).
But then, I realized; Hey! I'm a machinist!

http://s8.***********/a07i3kcdh/flying_V_gsg_002.jpg
windows print screen

G
#47 ·
I picked up a Sig for $225. A few weeks ago I was out shooting with my dad and uncle. They couldn't hit anything with the open sights but we're much better shooting my Buckmark with a Bushnell TRS25 red dot. The next day I ordered the parts necessary to mount the red dot on my Sig, an AimTech grip mount and a Wilson Combat non-ambidextrous safety. The safety required a little fitting and the grip mount required a little drilling but it came out pretty cool. I also added the CW parts I had ordered.

#55 ·
Marvel Pro II .22 Conversion - Deep River Customs

Picked this up last Friday from Deep River Customs in North Carolina. Those guys are top-notch and are turning out some super nice custom 1911's. I got an added bonus! Bob Marvel himself was visiting with Deep River while I was there. He signed the inside of my grip panel for the gun. This frame is a Caspian that I already had but Deep River builds dedicated frames for the Marvel and sells a complete .22 package. Bob Marvel has gotten these to group under 1 inch at 50 yards Ransom Rested.

#57 ·
Only pic I got right now of my GSG 1911 how it is currently. (on the left, sorry it's with some .45s)
Added-
Gemtech thread adapter
Custom made guide rod by my buddies dad
Ed Brown grip saftey
Wilson extended slide stop (the horror!)
Caspian rail
Nighthawk flat checkered mainspring housing with lanyard loop
Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight, black rear
Pachmeyer grips

Gonna probably get a new trigger and the CWA kit to get rid of the extra screw, and then get the frame painted OD Green Cerakote and the slide black to match the Springfield MC Operator cause I'm a nerd like that.
Then I should be done dumping money into my $329 pot metal GSG!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.