My late dads old Ranger 34A.(Marlin 50) - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:11 PM
ABAD510

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile My late dads old Ranger 34A.(Marlin 50)

My dad passed a few years back and I was looking over his old Ranger 34A, I was told it is the same as a Marlin model 50, and found that it is missing the extractor and spring. I have looked around with no luck.
Numrich is out and I have no other sources. I sure wish I could still be able to fire this nice rifle and not just look at it as a wall hanger.. any ideas? Thanks.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:20 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Maybe Marlin might still have parts for it?
Old 09-27-2006, 11:53 AM
bscman

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Send a message via MSN to bscman
Keep your eye on ebay.
If you're patient enough, you will find what you're looking for.
If you're even more patient, you'll get a great deal on what you're looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2006, 10:53 PM
ABAD510

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone know how to remove the bolt handle so I can remove the bolt? Does it unscrew or just pushed in with a pin of some sort? Thanks.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:18 PM
keith0215
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
THAT GUN WAS MADE UNDER NAMES MARLIN 80, RANGER 34a, SAVAGE 7 VARIANTS AS WELL AS STEVENS AND FOX AND MORE. THEY WERE COMMONLY SOLD BY SEARS. SOME MODELS ONLY HAVE AN OUTER EXTRACTOR ALTHOUTH THE BOLT IS DESIGNRD TO ACCEPT AN INNER EXTRACTOR AS WELL. i'VE SEEN SOME THAT ALTHOUGH THEY APPEAR TO BE MADE TO USE BOTH AN OUTER AND INNER EXTRACTOR IF YOU INSTALL THE INNER IT INTERFERS WITH THE FORWORD BOLT STOP, BY THE WAY BOTH INNER AND OUTER EXTRACTORS ARE IDENTICAL PIECES, SO UNLESS IT'S HANGING UP WHEN SHOT YOU MAY NOT NEED AN INNER PIECE.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:27 PM
keith0215
Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
BYE THE WAY THE BOLT HANDLE JUST PULLS OUT, THOUGH IT MAYBE VERY STUBBORN. THESE ARE VERY NEAT GUNS AND ARE QUITE ACCURITE. IF YOU REMOVE THE REAR PLUG KEEP CLOSE TRACK OF HOW EVERYTHING GOES TOGETHER. i KNOW THAT IS OBVIOUS BUT MINE HAS TWQ LARGE SPRINGS ONE FOR THE HAMMER AND ONE FOR THE BREECH THEY LOOK NEARLY IDETICAL BUT HAVE DIFFERENT TENSIONS. EARLIER MODELS DID NOT USE A BREECH SPRING.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:08 PM
Sav22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The original post is 14 years old and the original poster has not posted again since then - I don't think he will see any of this since resurrected by Keith!

Keith0215, your mixing together characteristics of the Marlin Model 50 and the later Marlin A1, both of which were offered by Sears marked the same as Model 34A's, they are not variations of a single model but are two distinct models. They also are not related to the Marlin 80 which is a bolt action or to any of the Savage/Stevens/Fox models which are from a different company and are a different action.

Last edited by Sav22; 09-18-2020 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:56 AM
blkwollf
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
95% (53)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith0215 View Post
THAT GUN WAS MADE UNDER NAMES MARLIN 80, RANGER 34a, SAVAGE 7 VARIANTS AS WELL AS STEVENS AND FOX AND MORE. THEY WERE COMMONLY SOLD BY SEARS. SOME MODELS ONLY HAVE AN OUTER EXTRACTOR ALTHOUTH THE BOLT IS DESIGNRD TO ACCEPT AN INNER EXTRACTOR AS WELL. i'VE SEEN SOME THAT ALTHOUGH THEY APPEAR TO BE MADE TO USE BOTH AN OUTER AND INNER EXTRACTOR IF YOU INSTALL THE INNER IT INTERFERS WITH THE FORWORD BOLT STOP, BY THE WAY BOTH INNER AND OUTER EXTRACTORS ARE IDENTICAL PIECES, SO UNLESS IT'S HANGING UP WHEN SHOT YOU MAY NOT NEED AN INNER PIECE.
Hey,...What's with the 'CAPS":---IIt Indicates 'Yelling'