Old 02-22-2021, 10:50 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
I am a wheelgunner from way back!
R
The great part for me is reloading rounds down to low recoil and accuracy.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:55 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Baiting infraction Sophia!
Imagine the ones I don't post.
Old 02-22-2021, 10:58 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
USS Enterprise, 10 November 1943.

Old 02-22-2021, 11:14 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
Imagine the ones I don't post.
Ditto. I'm serious.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:16 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
USS Enterprise, 10 November 1943.

Marvelous photograph

Lizard People; Vietnam Vet; NRA Life Member; NRA Distinguished Expert Rifle; NRA Instructor Pistol
Old 02-22-2021, 11:18 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Are "Best Legs" contest still allowed?
Old 02-22-2021, 11:22 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Are "Best Legs" contest still allowed?
Goat herds?
Old 02-22-2021, 11:53 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
38 and fair. Foggy.

New movies on Netflix. Enjoyed the capture of Eichmann in Argentina [2018 version].

Haircut tomorrow. New person.

COW, Sophia showing legs and not butts.

Frig arrived 9 1/2 hours late. PTSD kicked in when guy told me they were not suppose to move the frig to the garage. Kind words were said to their manager [who had lied to me earlier this afternoon]. They did it. Will be at Lowes and demand to talk to manager tomorrow. JB Hunt was the contractor and not he Lowes guys.

Goodnight Gigi, Sophia, Marylin, Al, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, COW, OldDave, jnyork, Gobb, M92, Phil, Greggie, AZ, W8LON, efly, pans, Ranger, TinCan, Brent, acheyj, Hawkeye, Gerald, squirrel, dlong, OldSwede, Mike, syfr, Wayne, zenaca, Atonic, Rock, nfcracin, JVStalin, Tricks, GP, RichJ, Wade, vlnbyr, koonta, rosscoe, arjay, Flys, wr, labratt, RonL, JDWIN, 404, 1917, Carrij, Mikey, JimWY, CMR, Johnny, rj, Rick, calibrian, LASTSHOT and all the rest.

Sleep tight

Last edited by Frank Eagles; 02-22-2021 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:17 AM
W8LON

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Teslong bore scope arrived today mysteriously. For ten days it just said awaiting shipper. Which by USPS past experience the past few months that means they lost it.
Mysterious long package arrived, hmm, didn’t have a company name as shipper, what could it be. Kay at customer service apologized over the weekend saying another was being sent some time today, would update tracking number when sent.

Once again I checked prior info before opening, boom delivered! Arrived local shipping hub 7:46 am, on truck for delivery, delivered. Same tracking number but never received from sender.
Only thing I can think is customer service emailed me last night as they were boarding a plane to deliver to our local post office this morning.

Anyways peered through some bores this evening. Great shooting rifles can look really bad and still shoot is the conclusion I come to. My Husqvarna in .300 Win Mag is a prime example shooting half moa at 300 yard. The lead looks like a dried up lake bed in Africa with little cracks from high pressure for first four to six inches. A very long lead with erosion and copper throughout. If I had saw that before buying I would have walked away. Glad I didn’t!

Things ain’t always what they seem when it comes to rifle barrels, they can look nasty and still shoot very well.
My Howa .22 bolt gun has the most perfect bore I’ve ever looked down. They have hammer forging figured out. Howa is supposed to be using HK polygonal rifling. Only thing I see different is equal lands and grooves much shallower than CZ.
If I find time tomorrow can peer at some Martini barrels.

Last edited by W8LON; 02-23-2021 at 12:30 AM.
Old 02-23-2021, 01:21 AM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Clark View Post
I can't decide which one I like the best:

That was great!!!

Quote:
Pics from the 1971 "most beautiful legs" contest in Istanbul.

Istanbul not Constantinople???

R
Old 02-23-2021, 04:30 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Vaccine for the Wuhan virus here is but an on-going kabuki. They have now lowered the group two or tier age to 55+ from the previous 75, but only under pacific circumstances. I now qualify, but the bride does not! The real catch is that they have run out of vaccine and shut any & all vaccinations off as of noon yesterday for Dallas County! Of course they'd been shut down during the blizzard too. I'd B banned if'n I tol' ya whot I think about that & many other things, so shall demure.. same as the rest o' them clueless skunks and I do know whot the def. of being 'shined on' is and I ain't being warmed by it none.

I can pronounce incompetence, just fine. Rant over.
--

Sun stayed out and it warmed to 70. I could feel that. I'd like to report that I got to shoot, hit everything shot at flying, made some fridge door worthy groups & got in the 240's w/multiple X's on a green monster, but I didn't. I did get some other stuff done tho, so the day wasn't a waste. Looking around, you'd think the blizzard only existed in a history book, were it not for the numbers of plumbing trucks seen in the 'hood.

Have a friend who had some trouble involving an upstairs 50 gallon water heater w/some frozen pipes. Plumber contacted said a bit over $6K to remedy! He asked them how much to get a partially stuck ball valve on his service totally turned all the way off and they told him $1950.00! Large home in the Park Cities. He declined both, got with another friend of ours who is a long time self sufficient duit yerselfer like many here and rounded up his 15 y.o. very large son and between the three of them, got the ball valve unstuck, service turned off, water drained from upstairs lines, heater removed, new one purchased at Lowes, wrestled upstairs and installed. Cost him $1200 total and took them not quite four hours and his son got taught how to do some simple soldering of copper pipe joints in the process. Knowing him and the other guy as I do, they probably did a much better and neater job than the plumber contacted would have. Both grew up on farms and did work in the trades during their college years. Highly skilled intelligent guys, fifteen years my junior. Met both thru the shooting sports more than 30 years ago. Interest in shooting has been a real boon in meeting and getting to know a number of truly fine persons, for me. Have also witnessed some best avoided and interfaced w/others who were in need of a bit of assistance w/for one thing or another and most accepting and appreciative to have it.
--

Very nice accumulation of Ruger #1's, GF! Rather than B envious, I'm happy that others also remain passionate in their pursuit(s) of happiness. Glad for ya to have such a fine group assembled, bud.

Even the Beatles understood that, I think.

Its also another defensible constitutionally guaranteed action along w/life & liberty, to my way of thinking, but I'm not a lawyer and don't pretend to nor wanna be one.
--

The nice weather allowed the outside grilling of a sirloin and enjoyment of another bottle of yesterday's vino. Bride fixed a box of small sea-shell pasta w/cheese, from Trader Joe's I think and a simple salad of lettuce w/ranch for the sides. I got another and the last sliver/smidgen of red velvet cake for desert. It ate good and I took a four hour nap afterwards. Easy rut to fall in, that. Will change it, along w/my physical profile as the weather warms. Fewer calories & carbs + much more exercise = a slimmer trimmer me, so I'm told. It won't be story book or TV worthy, just improved and that's both reasonable and realistic, I think.

Werking out to be a busy next few days, at least thru Saturday night, even if it rains some toward the weekend. Most all ofvit should be fun and involve being a real enough bean again.

Life is an oyster..

.. w/apologies to Shakespeare, of course. There have been many takes on that.

Davy Crockett is attributed to have said that sorrow could make an oyster poetic, in a manner of speak.. in his writing to be more exact. His insight took him all the way to the Alamo. He wasn't exactly like portray'd on the screen, yano. Most folks don't.

Aside from eating them; this is my fav. werk.. on oysters:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_R...tatious_Oyster

Perhaps it will make ya smile; it does me. The author didn't get a very long life, but he was astute. You can see that by where the poem came from/was originally published.

Last edited by wookness; 02-23-2021 at 05:10 AM.
Old 02-23-2021, 07:46 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

I've learnt a goodly lesson from an oyster this morning.

A full day of toil awaits me at the LGS. I think I'll carry something large and quick to deploy, lest a cat try to copy.

41.2 F outside, with 72% humidity.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:37 AM
Tex45LC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got a couple of people coming out to give an estimate on patching or replacing the roof. The screws on the old sat dish weren't sealed or quite long enough so the wind & rain over the years took their toll. One of the joys of buying an older home. Can't really complain...darn sure coulda been worse. Least the former owners insulated the pipes up in the attic.

burning plane pic is of a Hellcat

Mike, thanks for posting that...happiness is the roar of a piston driven plane.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:48 AM
gewehrfreund

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Leg contests!!!??? There oughta be a law!
And now there surely is.
I see the Turkish judges of 1971 had a distinct admiration of the thicker thigh. Sigh.
I'm sure, like everything else, this will come back into vogue on a future turn of the mortal coil.

Quote:
Nothing is aligned! The butts aren't aligned. The grips aren't aligned. The muzzles aren't aligned. The scopes aren't aligned. Any one of them would have sufficed but, noooooooo, just couldn't do it.

Chaos. Chaos everywhere.

The one constant force in this here universe is entropy. I'm just its humble vessel and revealer.

Quote:
Now, for something completely different.....

Prisoners of war near Giessen, 19 March 1945.

Somewhere, somewhen I read an exchange of dialogue along the lines of:

"It costs a lot to win a war."

"Yeah, but losing one costs everything."

A good example of what happens when zealots of any stripe attain power and drive their populace headlong into the abyss in pursuit of their madness.
In short, it can happen (has happened/ is happening) anywhere, which is why being lulled into complacency or apathy is so dangerous.
These Kinder were lucky to have even had a "more dangerous to the shooter than the enemy" last ditch Volksgewehr,

and I'm amazed the poster didn't rant about the right hand soldier's incorrectly buttoned greatcoat! It's nothing but chaos wherever you look!

Quote:
Ditto. I'm serious.
I hear something cracking underfoot . . . . . . .
Quote:
Goat herds?
Best hindquarters of the herd?
Winner gets to spend the night in the boss's hovel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Vaccine for the Wuhan virus here is but an on-going kabuki.

Don't forget to take your samurai sword with you!

I'd B banned if'n I tol' ya whot I think about that & many other things, so shall demure..

I know from personal experience that it takes Herculean effort.

I can pronounce incompetence, just fine. Rant over.
That particular skill has done very well over the past few years, but especially since the Wu-han solo cry-sis.

Very nice accumulation of Ruger #1's, GF! Rather than B envious, I'm happy that others also remain passionate in their pursuit(s) of happiness. Glad for ya to have such a fine group assembled, bud.

Even the Beatles understood that, I think.

Its also another defensible constitutionally guaranteed action along w/life & liberty, to my way of thinking, but I'm not a lawyer and don't pretend to nor wanna be one.

Thanks Wook. You buy a certain firearm, realize that you really have a great affinity for it, and before you know it, there's a veritable legion, or oyster bed, or sounder of them! It's a real mystery.

Oh look, it's snowing again. . . . .
I need to get more snow off the roof before this (supposedly) turns to rain. What with two birthdays within the next 6 days (three if I count my only remaining aunt), the weather, and-a (who remembers Car Talk?) a plethora of minor annoyances/responsibilities, it's enough to run a poor pineapple planter ragged!

Last edited by gewehrfreund; 02-23-2021 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:53 AM
dbmjr1

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Click and Clack

Klick and Klack

I never could spell Boston werds.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.