Put a red dot on my mk iii - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-09-2021, 04:00 PM
passport
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)

I just put a Burris FastFire on my Hunter, replaced a much bigger rail mounted red dot that I liked but wanted a smaller dot. I find the dot harder to find on initial mount/site and the glass to be a tiny bit distorted at long distance. But its super small and make the gun really handy.
Old 01-09-2021, 04:01 PM
passport

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
should add that my Fastfire is mounted the the dovetail where the rear sight was..
Old 02-21-2021, 09:31 PM
r b g

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
https://lobos-industries.com/product...-rmr-footprint
Old 02-21-2021, 09:35 PM
Racer X

TPC Rating: 
97% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exterra1 View Post
I've spent a ton of money on my Hunter lately, Volquartsen accurizing, by them, and a Burris scope to replace the red dot, but it's still easier than finding 9mm ammo. The cost of 22 lr today is more than 9mm a year ago, it's disgusting that demand brings out the "thief" in some manufacturers!
It is NOT the manufacturers. It is the flippers and hoarders.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:36 PM
Racer X

TPC Rating: 
97% (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
How does it do that? It has eight slots, the Ruger has ten and is reversable. What I learned in old math class is that ten is more than eight.

It IS nice and shiny and goes good with the gun thought.
Mine goes to 11.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:50 PM
27 Beck

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by passport View Post
I just put a Burris FastFire on my Hunter, replaced a much bigger rail mounted red dot that I liked but wanted a smaller dot. I find the dot harder to find on initial mount/site and the glass to be a tiny bit distorted at long distance. But its super small and make the gun really handy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by passport View Post
should add that my Fastfire is mounted the the dovetail where the rear sight was..
I also found the dot harder to find when mounted in the dovetail. I removed the dovetail mount within fifteen minuets of installation. Over the ejection port area works much better for my usage. YMMV as they say.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:33 PM
Turtle1903

TPC Rating: 
94% (12)
I also prefer sight mounted over ejection port better field of view imo
Old 02-22-2021, 10:00 AM
jazzsax8

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
yes

Having rails on my three barrels for my Ruger, I kept wondering about the BEST position for the two red dots. I have used them down even past the loading port and as close as possible just behind the rear sight. I might not be thinking clearly but I would think that the further you get away from your eye, the smaller the field of view. Three inches away the field of view is enormous vs 24" away. I now plan to mount them furthest away and closest and try to figure out which one works best for me.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:50 AM
chandler01

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapo View Post
I added a Tandemkross rail and a Bushnell TRS-25 to my mk iii. I use a forward mounted TRS-25 on my pseudo Cub Scout 10/22 so I thought Id try one on my mk iii and if I like it I may upgrade in the future. I am not picking up the dot as fast as Id like at the moment but it is definitely easy to put rounds on target once acquired. With ammo as crazy as it is Im going to start doing a majority of my shooting with my Rugers. Just thought Id share.
You've got a pretty nice rail