Hasten 95 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:27 AM
Basrem

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hasten 95

Received a gun Saturday shot at Sunday what a piece of work great gun built like a tank. And accurate only shot around about 50 rounds through it because it was cold but I was hitting 4-in spinner at 35 yards and 7 out of 10 shots I hit a 2-in spinner at 35 yards. It's built for a giant you got be pretty stout to Cock it once you get the trigger figured out it's a lot better but not great.but I can see myself shooting this thing for a long time I enjoy it thank you

Sent from my K10 using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2021, 11:49 PM
Delbert
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

On a little farm Southeast of KC, Missouri
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There's some Vids online that show you about this trigger to help understand. When I did mine and got it where I wanted, I Loctited(blue) onto the screws to keep locked in place, then let dry overnite. I also greased well the trigger assembly with synthetic gun grease(Slip2000 EWG). If you use oil, it will run off and leave the parts dry over time.

They're a very good trigger.

Last edited by Delbert; 02-23-2021 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:10 AM
Triggershoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
There's some Vids online that show you about this trigger to help understand. When I did mine and got it where I wanted, I Loctited(blue) onto the screws to keep locked in place, then let dry overnite. I also greased well the trigger assembly with synthetic gun grease(Slip2000 EWG). If you use oil, it will run off and leave the parts dry over time.

They're a very good trigger.
Delbert and Basrem---I really like my 95 as well. Do you have a "springer" or gasram? Mine's the gasram, and for sure, it does require some serious effort to cock it. Del---"blue" loctite on screws that small in diameter may be a problem if you ever want to readjust. "Purple" (the stuff made for "small" screws) may have been a better choice here? When I did my trigger (its been awhile, going from memory here), I obtained a spare (longer) adjustment screw for the 2nd stage engagement and fitted it to get the pull I desired. The factory screw does not have sufficient length to adjust at least SOME of the creep out. Basically when done, the screw is simply bottomed out, so no chance of it ever loosening, no loctite required. If I ever sell the rifle I will re-install the factory screw and readjust trigger pull to mimic the factory setting. By the way, mine is .22 cal, and does hit hard with the heavier pellets. I can safely say the resident groundhogs do NOT like it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2021, 12:45 PM
Delbert
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

On a little farm Southeast of KC, Missouri
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Triggershoe, I have absolutely no problem with blue loctiting these screws. I adjust to my liking and don't touch again. There's no need to.

The Loctiting I did wasn't squirting it from the bottle onto the screw. I used a toothpick and put the liquid onto it and touched the screw to leave a spot on the screw to know it'll work. Been working on, using, fixing my own guns since the 70's and past few years assembling some guns with available parts(if you know what I mean).

Triggers aren't like scopes, where one keeps jacking with the adjustment. Set it, test it, forget it until you see where the trigger isn't working as it should, or becomes too dangerous to use..
Old 02-24-2021, 03:29 PM
Triggershoe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
Triggershoe, I have absolutely no problem with blue loctiting these screws. I adjust to my liking and don't touch again. There's no need to.

The Loctiting I did wasn't squirting it from the bottle onto the screw. I used a toothpick and put the liquid onto it and touched the screw to leave a spot on the screw to know it'll work. Been working on, using, fixing my own guns since the 70's and past few years assembling some guns with available parts(if you know what I mean).

Triggers aren't like scopes, where one keeps jacking with the adjustment. Set it, test it, forget it until you see where the trigger isn't working as it should, or becomes too dangerous to use..
Del--that's a good way to apply it. I have seen way too many gun owners liberally apply the "blue" to VERY small screws. Heat is usually required to get them loose, without ruining screw slots or stripping allen/torx heads. Your method (spot applied from a toothpick) makes perfect sense, and thanks for the clarification
Old 03-01-2021, 12:26 PM
Basrem

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I shoot my airgun with open sights. Anyway pellt I use there is any weight on you

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk