Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:46 AM
colonelhogan44
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tactical Solutions 22lr bolt/barrel

I just picked up a TacSol barrel/bolt combo for $285 on the used market. It comes today, and I'm going to build it out and start playing around with it. For those who have owned or currently own one, how do you like it compared to a CMMG based system?

I'm guessing and hoping it will work with a standard lower with either CMMG and MP15-22 mags with the better mag adapter?
Old 02-22-2021, 01:49 PM
Erik72
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You know, I'm not sure I ever tried it with the redi-mag adapter and S&W 15-22 mags. I will have to try that out myself. If I did, it obviously didn't work and I forgot the experiment entirely. If I can escape to the garage tonight, I'll see if it will cycle.

I think you're gonna like this setup. I can't sit here and tell you that one runs better than the other. I've got both and they both run great. I had some issues with one of the early Taccom3g collars and it's fit up to a cone-shaped breech. Ever since then, I just felt like the collar could be the source of some error. Unless something changes and someone figures out how to make the TacSol-type collar and starts chambering barrels for it, then you're stuck with their barrel. Not to mention TacSol isn't even producing them anymore. They Should.

The CMMG bolt with collar opens up the market to better (or worse) barrel makers. For us tinkerers, that's one benefit of the CMMG unit.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:34 PM
Erik72
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Redi-mag adapter and Tacsol bolt doesn’t work. I could barely get the upper and lower closed. Too tight and then there was no allowable movement with the bolt. It looks like the bolt rides too low for there to be any clearance above the adapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2021, 08:57 AM
ARCatch22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shameless plug, but the Catch22 will work here. I've seen that some TacSol bolts ride a bit lower than others and so sometimes you need to file just a bit off of the top of the catch just for clearance, but otherwise you'll be good to go.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:00 PM
colonelhogan44
Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the tip. I'll build the uppers and then look at the options.