Great Customer Service - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-03-2020, 10:35 AM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Great Customer Service

Kinda embarrassing, but I took my SR22 apart to pull out the magazine disconnect. After 20 years of moderate gunsmithing, this is the first gun I could not put back together. Ruger is sending a call tag with an RMA. All under warranty and it was my fault, LOL. The sear assembly - single action spring kicked my butt, LOL.

Great Customer Service!
Old 04-04-2020, 10:27 AM
RickClark28
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Have been there a few times. Some of us will never admit it but sometimes it happens to the best of us. I had issues several times with my old Mark III 22/45 and the great rugerforum members and the sticky saved me. Will never give up the Mark III but look forward the day I add a Mark IV for better take down. I love my SR22 and have run into trouble with re-assembly. Ruger tech by phone helped and they are the best hands down love Ruger. (lost pin/hollow)
*Good luck with your adventure and stay safe!
Old 04-04-2020, 10:47 AM
mpolk
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Yep. I could get the single action spring in place, but as soon as I tried to put the side plate back on, oops, there it goes again, LOL. I have done everything to CZ 75's, all of my other Rugers, CZ SP01 and many others. Maybe I'm getting too old and just gave up to easy, LOL. My almost 70 year old eyes and fingers definitely aren't what they used to be. I'll let them bail me out this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2020, 11:07 AM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Maybe there was a reason I couldn't get it back together. Just got an email from Ruger that they will have to replace the gun. Guess they couldn't either, LOL.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:24 AM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Darn, I'll have to get new Talon Grips. Oh well, they are pretty cheap anyway.
Old 04-09-2020, 04:24 PM
RickClark28

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Interesting they could not get it back in shape. Anyway glad you have a new firearm coming. Enjoy your new firearm and good luck.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:17 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I really do wonder if that is not why I could not get the action side back on after getting the single action spring in place. I guess I'll never really know for sure, LOL. All the email said was, "After a careful examination of the above referenced firearm, we find it necessary to replace it at no charge. The above referenced firearm will then be destroyed."

Last edited by mpolk; 04-09-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:24 AM
Roadrat
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
92% (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpolk View Post
I really do wonder if that is not why I could not get the action side back on after getting the single action spring in place. I guess I'll never really know for sure, LOL. All the email said was, "After a careful examination of the above referenced firearm, we find it necessary to replace it at no charge. The above referenced firearm will then be destroyed."
HMMMMMMMMM??????
Old 04-20-2020, 10:00 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Got the replacement today. When I sent in the old one, I just sent the gun in. No magazines, not the thread adapter or protector. I got the full box as a replacement complete with 2 mags. Not bad, LOL.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2020, 10:05 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Great CS
Old 05-04-2020, 02:01 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Finally got the replacement to the range today. Shot everything flawlessly.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:00 AM
randyr5

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I've had mine apart a couple of times, and it is one of the trickier pistols to re-assemble.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:16 PM
Buck720

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
So will the extractor and spring be hard to replace they are sending me one at no charge and said I could replace it.
Old 02-14-2021, 04:31 PM
mpolk

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Here is a video that explains it. I'm surprised they didn't have you send in the slide.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0hFVXVwgwY