Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 02:19 PM
LennieT

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bad Ammo from Ammo King

Purchased Federal American Eagle 22 LR ammo (total of 2,000 rounds) from Ammo King and the ammo is corroded, some of the boxes worse than others. Some are so bad that you can not read the "F" on the case head. I checked all the boxes and all of them have some corrosion. I was able to get to the range and test the ammo yesterday. I fired rounds from several boxes and found that from any box some were loud, some less loud, some almost quiet, and worse of all, I had four squibs per 50 rounds. Crapy ammo is bad, dangerous ammo is totally unacceptable. I sent Ammo King an email, wonder if I will hear back from them. I also posted a review of this ammo on their web site, but I did not expect the review to make it to the web site and, sure enough, it did not. Be advised.

Lennie

PS. On the same order I got 1,000 rounds of AGUILA - 22 LR Standard Velocity and it is find.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:55 PM
LennieT

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Got an email

Ammo King sent this:

Hi Lennie, Sorry to hear that you got some bad ammo. We've only had that particular batch of ammo here in our warehouse for a couple of months, so if there is some bad ammo it had to have come from the manufacturer that way. We received wrapped pallets from our distributor. I've included the phone number for Federal below. They may be able to help you out it some way since it appears to be a manufacturer defect. Federal Ammunition 800-379-1732
Old 12-05-2017, 06:30 PM
OldNeatStuff
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sure sounds like a case of PASS THE BUCK.
In any case you should follow up with a call to the Mfgr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2017, 08:09 PM
Versys

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree. Ammo King sold you the product. They should make it good for you, then take it up with their distributor. Some times crap should roll up-hill.

ETA: BTW, new guy here, this is a great resource with helpful people. Glad I found it.

Last edited by Versys; 12-05-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:13 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
13) If you have a problem with a company, contact that company direct via whatever means you feel necessary to resolve your problem. Complaining about issues you have with a company without first contacting that company to resolve them will not get your issue resolved any quicker ...