Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:25 PM
Toomany22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
New to me PMR 30

In my search for a 22 hmr hand gun , i ran across this, sold along with a Henry H001M and 500 rounds of HMR. I couldn’t resist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 834701CB-89FC-42BB-AAE6-111512197F27.jpg (506.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-08-2021, 07:43 AM
12Bravo
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
They are nice. I have a PRM30 and CMR30. Make sure to follow the instructions on loading the magazines correctly. And here is another trick for brand new PMR/CMR mags, Load the magazines to full capacity and let them sit for a day or two then unload. Do that a couple of times before you go shoot.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:36 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Loaded by the book (plus I only load 25, gets hard to get them in after that) my two have been very reliable, lot of fire power in a handy package.
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2021, 09:02 AM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Yeah ,i watched the u tubes on all of that stuff.

First ill shoot it , and hopefully it wont need any of that crap.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:05 AM
Mike_AK
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toomany22s View Post
Yeah ,i watched the u tubes on all of that stuff.

First ill shoot it , and hopefully it wont need any of that crap.
The Tractiongrips and the speedloader are musts. I bought a LULA initially because of previous experience with their other products, but their PMR30 loader dents the cases as you get closer to capacity. I don't use it anymore. The American nest loader is excellent. The other stuff only if you need it, although I did the stainless steel feed ramp just because the plastic one is junk and will start wearing a groove from the rounds feeding which will eventually cause problems even if there are none now. I've got the trigger in the parts drawer but have not installed it yet. If you want to mount an optic, the Burris FastFire III on a Tanner mount is the way to go IMO. Anything heavier causes cycling problems. Careful. Kel-Tec's are like Lay's Potato Chips. They are in that price range that if you see one at the LGS you think "What the heck" and you walk out with one. Take a look at the CP33 when you get a chance.

Last edited by Mike_AK; 06-08-2021 at 09:15 AM.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:40 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congrats on the PMR30. I've had mine for quite some time and they're a really fun gun to shoot but dang can they burn through the ammo.

I highly recommend removing the front sight screws, cleaning the threads with brake cleaner then blue loctite them back in. I nearly lost my front sight shortly after I bought mine and started shooting it because I didn't do that. Since cleaning the threads with brake cleaner and putting blue loctite on them the front sight hasn't moved.

I'd put a drop of super glue on those rear sight rods as well because they tend to walk themselves out. Since gluing them they too haven't moved.

I load my mags to 27 rnds and they typically run flawless but since I just can't leave things alone I recently order the full MCARBO kit for my PMR30. I haven't installed it yet though.
Old 06-13-2021, 11:07 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Shot it today. What a gas! Loads easy with the maglula, no dents for me. And shoots great.! Does burn thru ammo . 3 mags, shot twice @ 180 rounds , really put a dent in a 250 round box of bulk . Next time itll have a vortex Venom on it .
No need for the mcarbo stuff yet, but plastic feed ramp