Scope rail???? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:46 PM
thumbs
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scope rail????

I have a 9422 mag with a nice small compact scope. The problem is it's to far forward using the original dovetail in the reciever. Is there something I can attach to the dovetail that will extend back so the scope could be mounted further back? I would call it a scope rail or dovetail extention.

Thanks
Old 05-24-2005, 07:27 PM
Nobody
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Lightbulb

If you're talking about the factory 3/8" dovetail, go to www.brownells.com and check on the BKL Technologies Rimfire rings. Type in one or more of the following stock #'s in the Search block & take a look - 300-000-002, 300-000-004, or 300-000-008. There's probably something there you can use .
Old 05-24-2005, 07:55 PM
thumbs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. Most of them are to raise the scope. I need to move it back toward the rear. The base has to mount to the factory 3/8 dovetail and has to extend back so I can mount the scope closer to my eye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2005, 11:15 PM
oquirrh

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
take a look at the BKL mounts--they can offset the scope backwards an inch or two.

I have never heard of a dovetail exension, you might have to get a scope with a longer eye relief. Unless you want to drill and tap for a new base--not something I would recommend.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:45 AM
athappyhiker
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbs
I have a 9422 mag with a nice small compact scope. The problem is it's to far forward using the original dovetail in the reciever. Is there something I can attach to the dovetail that will extend back so the scope could be mounted further back? I would call it a scope rail or dovetail extention.

Thanks
What scope are you using? I've been wondering if I'd run into that very problem using a Simmons 22 mag 4x28 scope on my 9422.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:30 AM
BigMike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Arrow Weaver TO-10 Base [ Rail ]

thumbs,

What you are looking for is the Weaver TO-10 Base [ Rail ] which converts the existing 3/8" Tip-Off grooves to a 7/8" wide Weaver base, and has the 3/8" Tip-Off grooves ...! !

Quote:
94/22 Note 16 - - TO-10

Note 16: TO-9, TO-10 & TO-11 bases accept either Detachable Top Mount Rings or Tip-Off Rings. Each have crossbolt slots and 3/8" grooves for both applications.

[ Weaver Mounts << Link ]
`

BigMike
Old 05-25-2005, 11:49 AM
thumbs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Na don't want to do that. I was thinking of a rail that had it's own mounts that were adjustable to the rail. This way I could put the two mounts closer together toward the back of the receivers dovetail and have some of the rail moved rearward. This would give me a little more room to slide my scope back toward my eye. This may be something that is not available but sure would be nice. I will use it the way it is but it would be more comfortable if the scope could be moved back.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:16 PM
obx22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
thumbs,
I just gotta ask, how in the heck are you needing the scope closer to your eye? I have one of these rifles, and with the factory stock I can't bearly get the scope far enough away from my face to see it. I'll admit I tend to crawl a stock, my right thumb ends up close to my nose. What scope are you using? When you hold the rifle (assuming right handedness) is it held across the chest, with barrel and forend about a foot away from the left shoulder, or is it held more straight out in front of you? How you hold it, and in what position you fire in (prone, sitting , kneeling, standing, shooting high targets such as tree squirrels) will drastically change your eye relief.
Just wonder'n
Old 05-25-2005, 02:09 PM
Nobody
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Exclamation

This is the BKL mount/ring set I was primarily speaking of. It will allow you to move your scope forward or rearward depending on which direction you mount it. If you clamp it at the very rear of the receiver dovetail, it'll give you quite a bit more adjusment than using standard or even offset rings. True, it raises the scope a little but even that isn't excessive in most cases. Here's a pic followed by the technical info/prices at Brownells -

MOUNT - 253 Mount provides excellent mounting for electronic sights and other short-length scopes. 254 Mount has extended clearance between the rings for additional eye relief adjustment.

SPECS: Aluminum, silver or black anodized finish. 1" rings. Height - .774" (19.7mm) from bottom of dovetail to bottom of ring. 253 Mount - 3" (7.6cm) long, 1" (4.5cm) between rings. 2.8 oz (78 g) weight. 254 Mount - 4" (10.2cm)

Stock Number / Desc Price

300-253-020 Silver 253 Mount $35.00 Out of Stock

300-253-010 Black 253 Mount $35.00 Out of Stock

300-000-008 Black 254 Mount $40.00

If that won't do it, I'm not sure there's anything available on the open market that will. Perhaps some kind of custom machine work might be done but I'd think that'd be pricey .
Old 05-25-2005, 04:12 PM
BigYoung
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (16)
I have a 9417 that I mounted a Burris Compact 2x7 on and had to use the BKL 254 mount to get it forward so I didn't have to pull my head backwards for the eye relief. As others have advised the 253 and 254 can be mounted to either allow additional scope placement forward or rearward. I tried regular burris dovetail mounts and they just would not work with the Burris 3.5 + inches of eye relief. BKL 254 saved this rifle scope combo and I ordered mine from BKL over the phone - personal service too.

These mounts are rugged with Heavy duty hex head screws on rings and mount. Check out the BKL website (they are RimfireCentral sponsors and have a link here) for the dimensions and specs. Quality stuff.

BigYoung