Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-14-2016, 06:14 PM
Donut77donut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg1c View Post
My Colt pocket lite has a plastic dual spring set-up.but I don't shoot it a lot .it's my carry gun. My Ruger p-95dc has a stainless dual spring set-up.both are easy to take-out and reassemble.
Here ya go... http://www.45auto.com/Colt_Mustang_Guiderods.html
Old 02-15-2016, 11:19 AM
javjacob
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just an update... I forgot about this thread.
I got the captured spring/guide rods for both SR22's and they went together and work perfectly.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:56 AM
GT_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I bought a cheap stainless one off ebay, just the rod, and it went in well, but I couldn't get it apart- So I ground about a thousandth off the end where it sits in the lower part of the gun, and it works great now. Only think I was wondering is over time will the inside of the spring wear from rubbing metal to metal? if so, it will weaken with time and may cause cycling issues. Maybe thats why ruger had a plastic one from the factory
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Mark40
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Galloway +

I've been using the Galloway Captured Spring Assembly, I'll give it a thumbs up
Makes the assembly a bit easier and it has functioned flawlessly.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:06 PM
Mike3066

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TANDEMKROSS for the SR22

Found this older thread and bought a Tandemkross for the reasons stated. Pistol was working fine; I just liked the idea of the steel guide rod.

For whatever reason, it changed the function for the worse. About four of every ten rounds don't detonate. Feels like a light firing pin strike. On inspection, it appears the TK rod and spring are not returning the slide to full battery in some instances. Pistol feeds and ejects fine. If you manually cock the hammer, the 2nd strike will fire. Changed ammo, that's not it. Went back to the factory parts and it functions fine.

Curious. The TK appears to be well made and others swear by it.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:58 PM
DBray6

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3066 View Post
Found this older thread and bought a Tandemkross for the reasons stated. Pistol was working fine; I just liked the idea of the steel guide rod.

For whatever reason, it changed the function for the worse. About four of every ten rounds don't detonate. Feels like a light firing pin strike. On inspection, it appears the TK rod and spring are not returning the slide to full battery in some instances. Pistol feeds and ejects fine. If you manually cock the hammer, the 2nd strike will fire. Changed ammo, that's not it. Went back to the factory parts and it functions fine.

Curious. The TK appears to be well made and others swear by it.
I had this exact problem. TK was great and replaced the rod and spring with no problem. I am still trying to find the time to get back to the range to see if there is an improvement with the replacement.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:23 AM
Mike3066

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Love to hear your results.

I wasn't going to bother to return it, but you've motivated me to send it back. Keep us informed.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:23 PM
Mike3066

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Suspicions confirmed. Replacing the OEM rod and spring solved the problem. Ran 50 rounds thru the pistol this weekend; three different loads. No misfires or malfunctions. My Tandemkross must have been out of spec.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:33 PM
Mike3066

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
On the Tandemkross guide and spring, I was asked to provide a review of the product by TK. I rated it low due to my problems. After a few days, I received an email response from the Co. It is quoted here for your information.

"Hello Mike,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the spring rod. We have found that some of the springs in our last batch seem to have taken a set so that they do not exert the proper amount of force. So we have replaced the spring with one that does not have that issue.

I have placed an order for your replacement along with a return shipping label for you to send back the original part. Order number is TK-74965. Please let me know how the replacement works for you after you have had a chance to install and test.

All Tandemkross products are guaranteed for life so if you ever have an issue or something is not working properly, please reach out to us so we can help resolve the problem.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist.

Thank you for using TANDEMKROSS products.

Good luck and good shooting!

Eric"

This was a rather pleasant surprise in this day and age, and speaks highly of the Co. and their customer service. I had not yet returned the product or asked for compensation. They reacted on the strength of a negative review. Hopefully, the replacement product will measure up to their level of customer service.

Last edited by Mike3066; 06-13-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:08 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I posted earlier about problems with my SR22.First of all THANK YOU to all of the members who tool time to post information to help me out. I ordered the Tandemkross captured rod spring assm on Mon and received it today, Installed it and headed to the range to test. Shot CCI mini mags and it ran flawlessly. Shot 70 rounds and then made the mistake of running golden bullets through it. What a disaster. These bullets failed to feed, failed to eject and you could tell by the report and the recoil that these round were charged very inconsistently. Shot poorly out of the single six hunter and worse out of the SR22. Anyhow the problem seems to be solved. I also liked the idea that one member suggested about polishing the feed ramp. I removed the barrel and used a diamond dust eraser to polish it. Now it may be my imagination, because I don't know how the new spring would help accuracy, but it actually seemed to group better. One thing I'd like to note. This gun is actually my wife's ccw and she has trouble racking it because of arthritis in her hands. I read a post where someone suggested I leave the slide locked open a few days which may in fact have weakened the spring.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:09 PM
DBray6

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBray6 View Post
I had this exact problem. TK was great and replaced the rod and spring with no problem. I am still trying to find the time to get back to the range to see if there is an improvement with the replacement.
I finally made it back out to the range today. Put a couple hundred rounds downrange and no problems at all! Every time I pulled the trigger, CCI mini mag went bang. Definitely was an issue with the first TK guide rod and the replacement from TK fixed the issue.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:46 PM
1917-1911M
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

For what it is worth, Walther finally added a captive spring to the P22. The guide rod has a huge head requiring a hole in the muzzle of the slide large enough to let the original rod and recoil spring slip through. A washer on the rod fits against the backside of the muzzle cup where it keep the same recoil spring in place and keeps the new rod centered in the hole.

It seems the new RSA is well made...the machine screw at the rear is locked down by having the shaft crushed against the internal threads.

It has probably been a weakness of aftermarket designs that had to work with the small diameter stock guide rod hole which did not allow a large head for retaining the washer when dismounted from the pistol nor would they likely develop a larger head with the recommendation that purchasers drill a larger hole in the slide. 1917

Last edited by 1917-1911M; 10-26-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:51 AM
dlenos

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike3066 View Post
Suspicions confirmed. Replacing the OEM rod and spring solved the problem. Ran 50 rounds thru the pistol this weekend; three different loads. No misfires or malfunctions. My Tandemkross must have been out of spec.
Interesting, I installed recently and had the very same issues, replaced the factory rod/spring and no issues ... thanks for posting, going to email TK now and see about a replacement.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:41 PM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rak2 View Post
I have one from Tandemkross that is working well.
+ one
Old 12-30-2017, 04:11 PM
mn_doggie
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have one from Ruger that is working well.

More than 8600 rounds fired thru it, My SR22 was built in 2011.