Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-23-2019, 04:14 PM
outdoorman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Marlin Model 81?

Was at the gunshow today and saw a really nice, clean Marlin Model 81 tube-fed bolt action rifle.
Have never seen one before but like tube fed 22s and this one appeared in VG+ condition, near Excellent.
It has hardwwod stock with gold trigger, white spacer on stock grip cap and also at buttplate so I don't think it is the 'basic' version.
So couldn't find anything in RFC while using my cellphone at the gunshow so decided to ask here this evening.
They would not flex from the tagged price of $149 so I walked away knowing it was the end of the day and I could always return tomorrow after researching a bit this evening.
Anyone own one of these rifles?
Old 11-23-2019, 08:40 PM
ferg
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Lots of 81s out there. $149 is a good price. Be there when the doors open!
Old 11-24-2019, 05:14 AM
outdoorman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for letting me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2019, 07:08 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Outdoorman sir Marlins rock...plain and simple if it looks good grab it.

Here are just some of mine...my 883 in back is the best rifle is have ever owned...I have complete faith in this rifle if I miss the shot it was me and not the rifle. I have rifles in my collection that cost 4x times as much and when I need to make a shot guess which one comes out the safe first.

let me put it this way if my 11years old foster child was in the back yard and there was a snake that was going to bite her and I only had one chance, one shot to take care of business...my marlin 883 would be the only one I would grab.

I took this rifle out for two years straight every weekend the weather was ok to be out in...and there is nothing I can't hit with this rifle. I hope this Marlin your looking at will give you the same faith mine does.

Make sure you post pictures of it.

Signalman
Old 11-25-2019, 10:41 PM
Kragman

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Outdoorsman - I just bought one of these today. Same white line spacers and gold trigger. Has a swept trigger guard.
I only bought mine because it was outstanding - wood, blueing and machining all on a different level than I've seen. Its not marked as a different model though.
I posted just now asking if there was a time when these rifles were "just better".
Looks like I should have posted here instead.

Ill try to get a pic of mine up sometime tomorrow.