snogator
US Army

in the middle of the chippawa national forest Northern MN
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up Update on Snogator (Bill)

Hello Family and Friends

10-17-05

We thought you might like an update on Bill.

After just 1 week of inpatient therapy at the hospital Bill is making wonderful progress. It was only 8 days ago that he had the stroke, back then he could barely walk or use his right extremities, and his speech was slurred and enunciation was very difficult.

Bill has been receiving approximately 3-4 hours per day with his physical "terrorists" (LOL) , this includes physical, occupational, and speech therapy.

The therapists have him doing strength and mobility exercises, walking (with the assistance of a walker), putting pegs in holes (fine motor skills), reading aloud (speech therapy), using the exercise bike, getting dressed by himself, writing his name and other words, etc, etc.
Each day they give him a new challenge and Bill impresses them with his will and determination.

Today Bill took 4 small steps on his own (without the walker) and even worked on going up and down steps (with assistance).

If you call the hospital to talk to him, it may be difficult for him to enunciate if he is lying in bed, this is due to his tongue (muscle) resting in the back of his throat. This will improve with time, speech therapy and re-training.

He wants all of you to know how much he appreciates your thoughts and prayers. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

We have been busy getting the house ready for his return. The bedroom has been moved to the first level, his remote has been placed next to his bed, Rimfire friends have been notified, and his puppy Midge is anxiously awaiting for "Dad" to come home !

In addition, Bill says he WILL be going deer hunting on Nov 5th. "Even if John and /or Katie have to drag him into the woods and tape his finger to the trigger."

By the way, for those of you who have asked..here is the info for the hospital.

Grand Itasca Hospital
126 First Ave SE
Grand Rapids MN 55744
218-326-3401 (ask for inpatient rehab, room 414)

Well, Thank you again for all your well wishes, it sure has helped us get thru this difficult time, and I know it has helped Bill stay positive and motivated to get back to his "old self"

Shelly

PS...RIMFIRE FRIENDS - Bill is anxious to get back, he sends his thanks for all your well wishes ! Tried to talk the hospital into a computer so he could get online to Rimfire, but medicare wouldnt pay for it LOL!!! So you'll just have to wait until he gets home. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers, It really has made Bill's stay in the hospital MUCH more pleasant and tolerable to read your notes
Old 10-18-2005, 08:11 AM
knitepoet
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to knitepoet
THANK you for the update and the GREAT news!!!
Paul
Old 10-18-2005, 02:05 PM
jimfinn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks Shelly,
That sounds pretty darn good.
Hey Bill,
As far as the deer hunting goes, That's the spirit Buckoo!!!!!!!!!!
Take care buddy.
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2005, 01:47 PM
snogator
US Army

in the middle of the chippawa national forest Northern MN
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got to a puter!

Thanks Guys!! gotso much support that I am truley humbled and honored. I am typing this myself for theropy. I hope to post a score for Minigator today or tomorrow. She came up nort to se if she could steal our 882ssv buit the body is still alive and she has a little to learn. Will be home next weeek smetime and if I get agood dqy
I may get the angel wife to lawn tactor me down to te bacckyard range t shoot a usbjr left handed! I'm BAAAAAK
Old 10-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Wolf

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hey Bill, it's great to see you posting yourself!

Keep up the good work, man, it looks like you will be able to make short work of your recovery.

Lots more targets to shoot

Hurray For Indy
Old 10-21-2005, 03:06 PM
jimfinn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
YaaHoooo Bill
Great to hear from you. You take your time Buddy. Heck you might want to stay at the hospital a little longer just to chase those nurses. Bet that'd be good therapy
Sounds like you have a great family for support.
Say hey to Minigator and get her to send in fiver groups for the Oct 5X5 so she'll have a shot at winning the knife!!!!
Take Care
Jim
Old 10-25-2005, 05:23 AM
vmaxx

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
My best to the gator, You'll be in my prayers buddy.

wish you all the best Bill. Glad to hear you are improving. Just goes to show you can't keep a good man down!
Dave