Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-29-2005, 10:30 AM
BlkHawk73

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Question GM sleeved bbls?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I cannot find anything but one pic on thee new GM bbarels they had at SHOT. A std wight bbl surrounded by a aluminum sleeve much like an AR set-up I guess. Looked and searched but came up empty. Anyone?
Old 05-29-2005, 10:54 AM
K-man
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dakotan had it...here
Old 05-29-2005, 11:19 AM
BlkHawk73

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
That's all I've been able to find as well. Still haven't heard anymore on them as far as price, availability or performance. Wish other colors were available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2005, 11:34 AM
K-man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
when they were 1st advertised i saw them on someone's site for sale, couldn't find it now, but the prices weren't bad. you could get 1 barrel and have 3 or 4 differen't color sleeves. sleeves were $15- $25 i think.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:52 AM
BigMike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Arrow Pictures By Admin 3 // Text By Rick Sanborn

`

Quote:
New GM Barrels

At the SHOT Show in a couple of weeks 2 new styles of 10-22 barrels will be displayed. The first is a stainless and aluminum shrouded barrel in the manner of AR15 target rifles. The stainless steel used for the base barrel is the more rigid 410 grade instead of our usual 416 grade. The chamber is our normal modified Bentz and rifling is a bit faster at 1:15 to help a bit with the heavy target ammo, but still very effective with sporting ammo. The outer shroud is made from 6061T6 aircraft seamless tube ground to .920". The barrel will be available in two versions. A target version with a solid shroud will an adjustable weight that slides inside the shroud but never touches the barrel. A sport version with a fully vented shroud, as seen below in the picture, with shrouds available in red, black, blue, gold, green and matte aluminum. The shrouds are interchangeable, even between target and sport models. The barrel will be offered in 17" for the 10-22 and 19" in magnum. The other barrel is a fun one. It's modeled after the Reising and Thompson sub guns of the past. The Cutts style comp is machined as part of the barrel so we can keep the length right at the minimum 16.1". The finish will be matte blue and stainless and there will be a matte blue magnum version as well, same length. The internal barrel is our normal modified Bentz chamber and 1:16 rifling.There will also be a 13" version in both calibers for Title 1 SBR's. The barrel will come with sights, an Eagle rear and tapped for M16 front sights. Availability will be this Spring. We have the barrels all in production as we speak. There's a considerable amount of expensive machining on these new barrels so they won't be inexpensive but will still be a good value. As an aside, the picture showing the finned barrel wears a factory stock that I modified to look the part. The other rifle has a Revival stock and Volquartsen trigger group.

Thanks,
Rick Sanborn [ of Green Mountain Barrels in a Post dated 01-12-2005, 12:21 PM ]
Thank you K-man for the Link......

Thank you Reed for the Post........

`

BigMike
Old 05-29-2005, 12:29 PM
K-man

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
found it

Took a while. at ...WARNERS .......... have to scrool(SP) down about a mile. listed under this...Green Mountain Aero Series Competition & Sport Barrels
10/22
New for 2005!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 12:39 PM
BlkHawk73

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanx for the link. Guess the prices aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. $210 +/-. Won't need this bbl until mid summer but wanted a jump on it. maybe one of our sponsors will ffer them by then.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:39 PM
BigMike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Exclamation Green Mountain Barrels IS A Sponsor of RFC

BlkHawk73,

Quote:
.......maybe one of our sponsors will offer them by then.

Green Mountain Barrels Sponsor GIF

BigMike
Old 05-29-2005, 02:50 PM
BlkHawk73

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Ok, ok, I wasn't thinking. Of course...just buy direct. After all they're but an hour drive from me and I'll be picking up my fire sighted GM in July hopefully. Maybe just get both then. At least look at one anyways. Thanks for the reminder!
Old 08-07-2005, 10:11 PM
BigTlittleodd

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to BigTlittleodd
Pics & Barrel contour

Here is there Accessory page for the barrel. It looks like the barrel is contoured and fluted. Not a factory contour at all.
http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/catalog...ndSportBarrels

Are there any performance reports out there?