Great price on Leupold VX-2 3-9 EFR - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:31 PM
NoNewTricks
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)

I swear, sometimes this place is like a crack house to an addict.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:31 AM
easyPZ

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I wished it had the standard duplex instead of fine duplex.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:24 PM
NickDanger

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDanger View Post
Me too. $46.57 is a decent chuck of change.

I sent them a message on their site but am not hopeful.
Midway's response:

"We do usually offer store credit for the difference in the prices when a situation like this arises, however the too much time has passed from when you placed the order and when the product went on sale. So unfortunately, I am unable to extend this courtesy to you."

Two weeks is 'too much time'. I'd have been happy with 'midway dollars' but even that is denied.

I prefer buying local as option #1, if not possible then I've liked Midway as option #2, and only use amazon as the 'last resort'. Amazon, however, has the best-by-far return policy. Every time it's been no-questions-asked, no charge to ship back, and replacement items are received before the original item is returned. It's time to move them up to #2 option.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Groggy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyPZ View Post
I wished it had the standard duplex instead of fine duplex.
Question for those who have used this scope with the fine duplex. Is it too fine for squirrel hunting in low light and/or heavy foliage?
Old 04-20-2015, 06:30 PM
mmpsteve
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Groggy, for me, the fine duplex is too fine for woods use, under all but the best light. I bought both the fine duplex and the regular duplex (with the gloss black finish), at the same time, and have only shot each one at the range one time. So it's just my 1st impression that the fine is too fine. I'm very happy with the regular duplex, and have had it in the woods once, and it looked great.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:22 AM
easyPZ

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
Groggy, for me, the fine duplex is too fine for woods use, under all but the best light. I bought both the fine duplex and the regular duplex (with the gloss black finish), at the same time, and have only shot each one at the range one time. So it's just my 1st impression that the fine is too fine. I'm very happy with the regular duplex, and have had it in the woods once, and it looked great.
This
Old 04-21-2015, 02:38 AM
rico903

TPC Rating: 
95% (49)
Back to my plan A option. Return it and order a new one. $30 saved.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:31 AM
cgv69

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I too bought one of these last month at the $379.99 price which I thought was pretty decent at the time but this is a smoking price. It is a shame that Midway doesn't have any kind of price protection but considering this is a clearance item, I'm not too surprised?

My solution? I'm buying another one! I was having a hard time deciding which rifle to put this scope on (I have 2 that this scope would be perfect for) so now I don't have to decide. If I average them out with one at the old price and one at the new, it comes out to $356.71 each. Not as good as $333.42 each but still pretty good considering this is normally a ~$430-450 scope.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:51 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico903 View Post
Back to my plan A option. Return it and order a new one. $30 saved.
Yea, this is an unexpected surprise. But I would do that and re-consider future business. This could be a PIA if already mounted and sited and not really a fair option if there are marks from steel rings.

Local prices on scopes seem pretty much over the top on price and limited on selection. Except for used scope, where I got some great deals. A gun like CZ, I would really prefer to examine in person (and pay for the opportunity), while, for a scope I go online.

FWIW, I have been very happy with price and service from Optics Planet. They have an option where you go on-line and click/print a shipping label to cover the cost of returns. Not sure how that would work. One time, I changed my mind, I was able to call and stop the shipment. Price and service good. No reason to ever try Amazon for a scope. I see scope on ebay as well and that might work out for used. I never done that either. OP has meet my all my needs.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:08 AM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Optics Planet is higher on this item. $399 with 10% off any order over 50 next three days, is $359 total. That is $20 higher.

They might price match?? Might be worth a call 800-504-5897

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-...x-reticle.html
Old 04-25-2015, 07:43 AM
Mcserpent

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
NEWS FLASH ...... Price at Midway is down to $310
Old 04-25-2015, 08:32 AM
Win
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

I got one this week, called Midway to see about a credit and they immediately gave me the price difference in a store credit. Not a problem as I'll spend it in no time.
Old 04-25-2015, 09:16 AM
Groggy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmpsteve View Post
Thanks! You saved me $300+ !!!
Old 04-25-2015, 11:16 AM
GasDoc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ordered a new one on Gunbroker for $270. Yeah, knew it must have been a typo but was feeling rather bold that day. Turned out that seller meant the non-EFR version. Still a good price. Before he shipped it I asked if it was truly an EFR as stated in the auction. Rather than canceling auction and risking bad feedback he decided to order me one for auction price from Amazon.

Long story short, about a month later there was a 3-9 EFR on my doorstep for $285 including shipping.

Felt a little guilty. But not THAT guilty. He was also selling bricks of turds for $50.

If you're selling something on gunbroker, triple check the description.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:36 PM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (106)
The pricing on this scope makes me wonder why Midway would sell them for this price ,the pricing is below dealer cost, maybe there's a change coming from Leupold or maybe Midway has no luck selling them.