NIKON out of business?? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 03-04-2020, 10:11 AM
dash4cash
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2020
Location: 
Saukville WI
Posts: 
142
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)


Log in to see fewer ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
rjferber sir you are correct when I found my scope I did buy a truck load of them...only problem they were some what expensive



Signalman
Ok I have to ask why one needs to buy so many scopes? will you ever use all of them? I understand that a scope can be really good and at a great price I could see buying 2 or 3 unless you want one on every gun you own and 2 back ups for each gun lol.

Carl
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-04-2020, 11:19 AM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Mar 2017
Location: 
Nowhere good
Posts: 
1,132
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash4cash View Post
Ok I have to ask why one needs to buy so many scopes? will you ever use all of them? I understand that a scope can be really good and at a great price I could see buying 2 or 3 unless you want one on every gun you own and 2 back ups for each gun lol.

Carl
I have a Weaver RV-9 for every 22 that doesn't have something else mounted. 14 as I recall. I then purchased 5 more as they were on clearance if I could find 5 more I'd be happy So I guess you buy them for what you have and need. They work
__________________
"I am surrounded by fearful odds that will overcome me and my gallant men, but I am pleased to die fighting for my beloved country".
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-04-2020, 01:50 PM
Signalman's Avatar
Signalman is online now

Moderator
Join Date: 
Jan 2012
Location: 
On the Westside
Posts: 
11,896
TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash4cash View Post
Ok I have to ask why one needs to buy so many scopes? will you ever use all of them? I understand that a scope can be really good and at a great price I could see buying 2 or 3 unless you want one on every gun you own and 2 back ups for each gun lol.

Carl
Carl sir I have collections of Marlin, Ruger, CZ and Savage rifles...95% of those boxes are empty.

Signalman
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-04-2020, 02:05 PM
dash4cash
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2020
Location: 
Saukville WI
Posts: 
142
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
Carl sir I have collections of Marlin, Ruger, CZ and Savage rifles...95% of those boxes are empty.

Signalman
Awesome!! I kinda figured you had a pretty good selection.

Carl
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-04-2020, 02:09 PM
PEASHOOTER67's Avatar
PEASHOOTER67
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Aug 2003
Location: 
North west of Ft. Worth
Posts: 
3,069
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash4cash View Post
Awesome!! I kinda figured you had a pretty good selection.



Carl


Good enough collection that I hope to be listed in his will but I won’t hold my breath. He has just enough to go around for his kids and future grand babies.


"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-04-2020, 05:12 PM
randyman_ar's Avatar
randyman_ar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2005
Location: 
Arkansas
Posts: 
321
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
Randyman_ar sir he his a link when they started to be hard to get way back in 2018.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1129319

We were talking about it.

Signalman
I've been on Weavers website...I see nothing that indicates they are exiting market. I sure hope not...love the T36 series. Snipers Hide hints Nikon is only stopping their name branding but will continue to mfg. scopes under other brands.
And from the pic...it appears someone has a SERIOUS Weaver problem..
__________________
Growing older by the hour...uglier by the minute
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-04-2020, 05:52 PM
Signalman's Avatar
Signalman is online now

Moderator
Join Date: 
Jan 2012
Location: 
On the Westside
Posts: 
11,896
TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyman_ar View Post
I've been on Weavers website...I see nothing that indicates they are exiting market. I sure hope not...love the T36 series. Snipers Hide hints Nikon is only stopping their name branding but will continue to mfg. scopes under other brands.
And from the pic...it appears someone has a SERIOUS Weaver problem..
Sir look on Midway, Natchez, ebay or amazon and see how many Weaver 3-12x, 4-16x Grand slams can you find or the original Classic V-16 or V-24 scopes you can find....weaver has been dieing on the vine since 2018....and it's not because of us out here.

For 2020 Shot Show not one weaver optic on the floor...trust me I am called the Weaver guy and I know. I really wish it was not so.

Signalman
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-04-2020, 09:05 PM
Nick7274's Avatar
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2016
Location: 
Central Ma.
Posts: 
4,352
TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyman_ar View Post
I've been on Weavers website...I see nothing that indicates they are exiting market.
That's because they're completely out of business and I'm sure the last thing they thought about doing was spending money to update their website. There are no new Weaver scopes being manufactured whatsoever. They never even updated the website with some of the last new scope models that they came out with before being sold.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-04-2020, 10:39 PM
randyman_ar's Avatar
randyman_ar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2005
Location: 
Arkansas
Posts: 
321
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
Sir look on Midway, Natchez, ebay or amazon and see how many Weaver 3-12x, 4-16x Grand slams can you find or the original Classic V-16 or V-24 scopes you can find....weaver has been dieing on the vine since 2018....and it's not because of us out here.

For 2020 Shot Show not one weaver optic on the floor...trust me I am called the Weaver guy and I know. I really wish it was not so.

Signalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
That's because they're completely out of business and I'm sure the last thing they thought about doing was spending money to update their website. There are no new Weaver scopes being manufactured whatsoever. They never even updated the website with some of the last new scope models that they came out with before being sold.
SAD news indeed!!!
Should have known a man with that many Weavers would know!
__________________
Growing older by the hour...uglier by the minute
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-04-2020, 10:53 PM
Al the Infidel's Avatar
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Yoopersville, MI
Posts: 
1,013,531
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyman_ar View Post
SAD news indeed!!!
Should have known a man with that many Weavers would know!
Signalman needs a new handle....Weaver dumpster diver.


__________________
Wash your hands, wear a mask indoors, and use your brain, please. Grandma and grandpa thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-05-2020, 12:23 AM
Signalman's Avatar
Signalman is online now

Moderator
Join Date: 
Jan 2012
Location: 
On the Westside
Posts: 
11,896
TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Signalman needs a new handle....Weaver dumpster diver.


Come on AL sir I don't have one Kaspa in my collection...Dumpster Diver...I have better class than that....at least I think I do ?? LOL.

They were still making Grand Slams when I stopped...I just ran out of needing any more. I still have 6 spare scopes to play with and ran out of my had to have rifle list. I still have some rifles to buy...like a 457 Lux in 22mag and then maybe one in 17hmr....when times get better.

Signalman
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-05-2020, 09:29 AM
Al the Infidel's Avatar
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jan 2007
Location: 
Yoopersville, MI
Posts: 
1,013,531
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
Come on AL sir I don't have one Kaspa in my collection...Dumpster Diver...I have better class than that....at least I think I do ?? LOL.


Signalman
Ya don't know its a Kaspa box 'down there' until you dive in.
__________________
Wash your hands, wear a mask indoors, and use your brain, please. Grandma and grandpa thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-05-2020, 07:01 PM
StevieNH's Avatar
StevieNH

Join Date: 
Jan 2019
Location: 
NH
Posts: 
273
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmen52 View Post
Is there a support group for that? there should be. WOW
Yes, there is. Unfortunately, it's comprised of all of us enablers. I, for one, love spending other people's money.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-05-2020, 07:29 PM
shootbrownelk
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2015
Location: 
Wyoming
Posts: 
275
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash4cash View Post
Ok I have to ask why one needs to buy so many scopes? will you ever use all of them? I understand that a scope can be really good and at a great price I could see buying 2 or 3 unless you want one on every gun you own and 2 back ups for each gun lol.

Carl
Panic buying has begun.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-05-2020, 07:40 PM
BadgerJack's Avatar
BadgerJack
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2018
Location: 
Nawthern Virginia
Posts: 
177
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"While the manufacturer will continue to produce other sport optics such as binoculars, rangefinders and spotting scopes, production of Nikon's line of rifle scopes will be, (or has been), discontinued – meaning that once current stocks are gone, they will not be replenished."

It is a combination of anger from "nature" photographers who are mostly anti-hunting, anger from the firearms banning idiots, and, probably more than partially a financial decision.

This does NOT mean they will not honour warranties.

You guys meed to STOP listening to rumours and check with the company/companies in question.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x