NIKON out of business?? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-04-2020, 10:11 AM
dash4cash
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalman View Post
rjferber sir you are correct when I found my scope I did buy a truck load of them...only problem they were some what expensive

Signalman
Ok I have to ask why one needs to buy so many scopes? will you ever use all of them? I understand that a scope can be really good and at a great price I could see buying 2 or 3 unless you want one on every gun you own and 2 back ups for each gun lol.

Carl
Old 03-04-2020, 11:19 AM
Jammer22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash4cash View Post
Ok I have to ask why one needs to buy so many scopes? will you ever use all of them? I understand that a scope can be really good and at a great price I could see buying 2 or 3 unless you want one on every gun you own and 2 back ups for each gun lol.

Carl
I have a Weaver RV-9 for every 22 that doesn't have something else mounted. 14 as I recall. I then purchased 5 more as they were on clearance if I could find 5 more I'd be happy So I guess you buy them for what you have and need. They work
Old 03-04-2020, 01:50 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:

Carl
Carl sir I have collections of Marlin, Ruger, CZ and Savage rifles...95% of those boxes are empty.

Signalman
Old 03-04-2020, 02:05 PM
dash4cash
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Carl sir I have collections of Marlin, Ruger, CZ and Savage rifles...95% of those boxes are empty.

Signalman
Awesome!! I kinda figured you had a pretty good selection.

Carl
Old 03-04-2020, 02:09 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
Quote:
Awesome!! I kinda figured you had a pretty good selection.

Carl

Good enough collection that I hope to be listed in his will but I won’t hold my breath. He has just enough to go around for his kids and future grand babies.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 03-04-2020, 05:12 PM
randyman_ar
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Randyman_ar sir he his a link when they started to be hard to get way back in 2018.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1129319

We were talking about it.

Signalman
I've been on Weavers website...I see nothing that indicates they are exiting market. I sure hope not...love the T36 series. Snipers Hide hints Nikon is only stopping their name branding but will continue to mfg. scopes under other brands.
And from the pic...it appears someone has a SERIOUS Weaver problem..
Old 03-04-2020, 05:52 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyman_ar View Post
I've been on Weavers website...I see nothing that indicates they are exiting market. I sure hope not...love the T36 series. Snipers Hide hints Nikon is only stopping their name branding but will continue to mfg. scopes under other brands.
And from the pic...it appears someone has a SERIOUS Weaver problem..
Sir look on Midway, Natchez, ebay or amazon and see how many Weaver 3-12x, 4-16x Grand slams can you find or the original Classic V-16 or V-24 scopes you can find....weaver has been dieing on the vine since 2018....and it's not because of us out here.

For 2020 Shot Show not one weaver optic on the floor...trust me I am called the Weaver guy and I know. I really wish it was not so.

Signalman
Old 03-04-2020, 09:05 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
I've been on Weavers website...I see nothing that indicates they are exiting market.
That's because they're completely out of business and I'm sure the last thing they thought about doing was spending money to update their website. There are no new Weaver scopes being manufactured whatsoever. They never even updated the website with some of the last new scope models that they came out with before being sold.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:39 PM
randyman_ar

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Sir look on Midway, Natchez, ebay or amazon and see how many Weaver 3-12x, 4-16x Grand slams can you find or the original Classic V-16 or V-24 scopes you can find....weaver has been dieing on the vine since 2018....and it's not because of us out here.

For 2020 Shot Show not one weaver optic on the floor...trust me I am called the Weaver guy and I know. I really wish it was not so.

Signalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
That's because they're completely out of business and I'm sure the last thing they thought about doing was spending money to update their website. There are no new Weaver scopes being manufactured whatsoever. They never even updated the website with some of the last new scope models that they came out with before being sold.
SAD news indeed!!!
Should have known a man with that many Weavers would know!
Old 03-04-2020, 10:53 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
SAD news indeed!!!
Should have known a man with that many Weavers would know!
Signalman needs a new handle....Weaver dumpster diver.

Old 03-05-2020, 12:23 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Signalman needs a new handle....Weaver dumpster diver.

Come on AL sir I don't have one Kaspa in my collection...Dumpster Diver...I have better class than that....at least I think I do ?? LOL.

They were still making Grand Slams when I stopped...I just ran out of needing any more. I still have 6 spare scopes to play with and ran out of my had to have rifle list. I still have some rifles to buy...like a 457 Lux in 22mag and then maybe one in 17hmr....when times get better.

Signalman
Old 03-05-2020, 09:29 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Come on AL sir I don't have one Kaspa in my collection...Dumpster Diver...I have better class than that....at least I think I do ?? LOL.

Signalman
Ya don't know its a Kaspa box 'down there' until you dive in.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:01 PM
StevieNH

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmen52 View Post
Is there a support group for that? there should be. WOW
Yes, there is. Unfortunately, it's comprised of all of us enablers. I, for one, love spending other people's money.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:29 PM
shootbrownelk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:

Carl
Panic buying has begun.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:40 PM
BadgerJack
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
"While the manufacturer will continue to produce other sport optics such as binoculars, rangefinders and spotting scopes, production of Nikon's line of rifle scopes will be, (or has been), discontinued – meaning that once current stocks are gone, they will not be replenished."

It is a combination of anger from "nature" photographers who are mostly anti-hunting, anger from the firearms banning idiots, and, probably more than partially a financial decision.

This does NOT mean they will not honour warranties.

You guys meed to STOP listening to rumours and check with the company/companies in question.