Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Slingr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
American Aftermarket Stocks

Wondering why there arenít any synthetic aftermarket stocks for these rifles? These rifles seem popular and outside of Boydís and Stockys, I canít find any others. I would like to have either a Hogue or Magpul on my WMR. Is it because of the bedding blocks? Just kinda curious why.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:34 AM
COBrien
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I have no idea why there aren't more stock options. Personally, I'd like to see a nice Bell & Carlson stock on my RAR Target. Their OD Green/Black or Brown/Black would look killer on my rifle!

EDIT: I fired off an e-mail to B&C asking about the possibility of stocks for the RAR, specifically a Target/Varmint for my RART. Maybe I'll get a little insight into their reasoning. Will post here when I hear back.

Last edited by COBrien; 01-20-2020 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:54 PM
Slingr

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBrien View Post
I have no idea why there aren't more stock options. Personally, I'd like to see a nice Bell & Carlson stock on my RAR Target. Their OD Green/Black or Brown/Black would look killer on my rifle!

EDIT: I fired off an e-mail to B&C asking about the possibility of stocks for the RAR, specifically a Target/Varmint for my RART. Maybe I'll get a little insight into their reasoning. Will post here when I hear back.
Yep that would work too! Iíd like a B&C for an American very well!! Glad you sent an email; I sent Hogue one as well. Iíll post back with their reply too. Maybe we can stir someoneís interests...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2020, 11:00 AM
COBrien

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I received a one-sentence reply from Tory at Bell & Carlson this morning:

"Unfortunately we do not have any plans at this time"

Oookay. Here's hoping Hogue gets in on the game, and offers a Nylon Overmolded stock. While I like their rubber overmolding on handgun grips, I find the rubber too sticky for field use on a rifle stock. Plus, the nylon helps stiffen the stock a bit.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:51 PM
Slingr

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Well that ainít what I was wanting to hear! No reply from hogue yet. Iíll post it as soon as I get it.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:58 PM
Slingr

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Reply from Hogue:

Hello Steve,

Thank you for reaching out to Hogue regarding your request for a Ruger American Rimfire Stock.

I will pass your request along to our owners and engineers.

If there is anything else I can assist with please let me know.

Best Regards,

Tiffany Eckhardt | Customer Service Agent
Hogue Inc.
550 Linne Rd., Paso Robles, CA 93446
toll free: 800-438-4747 ext. 215

So maybe???
Old 01-24-2020, 08:48 AM
COBrien

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Hey hey! That's not a no!
Old 01-24-2020, 09:25 AM
shootbrownelk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
There are a heck of a lot of Ruger American Rimfire Rifles out there. It seems to me there would be a ready market.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:45 AM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
I'm sure they will be available eventually. It took a long time before they started making aftermarket synthetic stocks for the regular Ruger American Rifle. I want a Magpul stock for mine but they still don't make them for magnum actions. I'm sure there is a market for them but it's probably not as large as you would think. If it was they would already be available.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:46 PM
Slingr

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
There are a heck of a lot of Ruger American Rimfire Rifles out there. It seems to me there would be a ready market.
What I thought as well. All I can do is wait it out!
Old 01-24-2020, 07:47 PM
Slingr

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
I'm sure they will be available eventually. It took a long time before they started making aftermarket synthetic stocks for the regular Ruger American Rifle. I want a Magpul stock for mine but they still don't make them for magnum actions. I'm sure there is a market for them but it's probably not as large as you would think. If it was they would already be available.
Hereís to hoping it happens sooner than later! At this point Iíd take a magpul or hogue or BC. I like the Boydís but the wide forearm is a bit much for such a trim little rifle!!
Old 01-27-2020, 08:32 AM
COBrien

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingr View Post
Hereís to hoping it happens sooner than later! At this point Iíd take a magpul or hogue or BC. I like the Boydís but the wide forearm is a bit much for such a trim little rifle!!
And I've got a Target model, so there's nothing "trim" about my rifle. Lol!
Old 01-29-2020, 05:22 AM
56S

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The bluing on these rifles calls out for a nice piece of dead Walnut. I see it as possible but due to the width of the mag and the bedding block design, a difficult stock to make in wood. All it takes is time.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:22 AM
COBrien

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
The bluing on these rifles calls out for a nice piece of dead Walnut. I see it as possible but due to the width of the mag and the bedding block design, a difficult stock to make in wood. All it takes is time.
Boyds and Stocky's are offering aftermarket wood and laminate stocks for the RAR -- that's not the issue.

But high-quality synthetic stocks are nonexistent, unless a person were to luck into an LRT takeoff. But who'd take that stock off of that particular rifle?

While a stock like that would be ideal for what I'm looking to do (although my rifle is a .22 WMR, and the LRT is only available in .22 LR), I think Slingr is looking for more of a traditional sporter- or carbine-style synthetic stock.