Dicks Sporting goods seems to be clearing out their Federal ammo - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-15-2020, 08:32 AM
GT_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Dicks Sporting goods seems to be clearing out their Federal ammo

Love them or hate them (I am in the latter camp) I cannot deny good deals when I see them...

I got three of the Federal 1600 rd bulk packs of the .22lr 36 grain jacketd hollow point (same bullet as a CCI Mini Mag) for around $56 each (3.4 cents a round)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcoEphqMBt4

and I went back to see what else they have, and the Blazer 500 round bricks of 40 grain lead round nose are $16.17 (3.2 cents a round) so I bought three of those as well. I may go back and buy more Blazer just because it is good ammo.

Old 01-15-2020, 09:50 AM
elohssa63
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
75% (2)
Wouldn't know about that. I haven't darkened the doors of Dick's in quite some time now.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:45 PM
Toomany22s

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mine just sells non violent sporting goods , like bats, hockey sticks and Jarts now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2020, 12:49 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Thanks for posting but I wouldn't go into a Dick's if they were giving ammo away.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:22 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
Thanks for posting but I wouldn't go into a Dick's if they were giving ammo away.
I would go back. But;I am not seeing any deals that attract me. Dicks is going to drop all hunting guns, ammo and even bows. The absolute best 'deal' on 9mm or 45acp is just equal to the old walmart. That is old full price at walmart is equal to the best ammo close out I priced. And, I have been checking. Often.

I did not look at 22 LR, because I am stocked up and not consider anything but RWS or CCI (not blazer). And I never buy a loose bulk/box of rimfire. I trust the OP did good here. Nothing for me.

The guns are all the lowest grade stuff. Perhaps good for a newbie on a tight budget. I was there at one time. Ok, I know. I asked about all that 'stuff' and there is no plan to play it stupid like Walmart. The typical Dicks customer is pretty much without-a-clue and a 25% discount on a 50% over price gun may appeal to those. And it will. They will sell it all out and never go stupid cheep.

In a nut shell, if Dicks sells at a loss, like walmart did on ammo. I am there to stick it them. If they are so much as break even, they can sell to their regular foot traffic.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:40 PM
GT_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
wow you guys are even more upset with Dicks than the people on the other forum I posted this too... I'm here to get good deals while I can. They can't be making much off this- The blazer was listed at $24.97 on the shelf, marked down to 17.97, and on sale for $16.17 - that tells me they're selling it close to cost. I agree, I'm upset with them over pulling AR's and things from their stores, but being that I have kids and a wife, if I can get ammo for 20-30% off (or better) I'm going to.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:54 PM
outbreaker

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
same here
Old 01-15-2020, 02:56 PM
GT_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I also live in a state that doesn't have the luxury of buying online...
Old 01-15-2020, 04:41 PM
GTS225
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_80 View Post
wow you guys are even more upset with Dicks than the people on the other forum I posted this too
I don't darken Dick's doors either, but what I'm really upset about is our own government, that has laws against practicing age discrimination, allowing certain business entities to practice widespread institutional age discrimination without consequence.
If I were to do that, I'd still be sitting on a stainless throne.

Roger
Old 01-15-2020, 05:01 PM
Shorty123

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good score. My local Dicks sent everything firearm related to the nearby Field and Stream. I heard they are affiliated. It is now a clothing and golf store. I will not set foot in there again. Thanks for the heads up. I will stop at F&S and check it out. My Browning Buckmark loves blazer.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:21 PM
shootbrownelk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Field & Steam is owned by Dicks'. Hypocrites. I'd never buy anything from them.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:31 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dicks & CTD- hack tooey awards!
Old 01-15-2020, 08:33 PM
Skeeve
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Lo-Cal So.Cal., where the money is plastic & the people are too!
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
wow you guys are even more upset with Dicks than the people on the other forum I posted this too... I'm here to get good deals while I can. They can't be making much off this- The blazer was listed at $24.97 on the shelf, marked down to 17.97, and on sale for $16.17 - that tells me they're selling it close to cost. I agree, I'm upset with them over pulling AR's and things from their stores, but being that I have kids and a wife, if I can get ammo for 20-30% off (or better) I'm going to.
Sorry, but save your $$ and then buy online [if you're not stuck behind the Granola Curtain like me or Gulag New Jersey or someplace similar where online sales aren't permitted] -- you can save enough on costs to pay for the shipping and actually end up will all your ammo from the same lot so it will at least be consistent...

And you won't be supporting those Richards at Dick's!
Old 01-16-2020, 08:16 AM
Stockcrafter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I also live in a state that doesn't have the luxury of buying online...
In NY, our governor says it makes us all safer not being able to buy ammo online!
Old 01-16-2020, 11:21 AM
eggplant

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elohssa63 View Post
Wouldn't know about that. I haven't darkened the doors of Dick's in quite some time now.