Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-15-2019, 08:56 AM
AllAheadFull

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tract

I put this scope on a CZ and have not regretted it.

https://tractoptics.com/22-fire-4-12x40-bdc

Two ex-Nikon guys started their own shop based out of PA. Solid service - had an excellent email back/forth with them on questions during a Friday evening just as I purchased.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:19 AM
shootbrownelk
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpski_1 View Post
Vortex is a great value for the money, and they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty. Even on refurbished items.

I've bought refurbs from aaoptics and I'm happy with my purchases. The refurbs come in waaay under your budget, so you'll have more money for ammo!
Cabelas USED to have a lifetime warranty as well. They don't anymore. Proving once again the nothing is forever.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:44 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmpski_1 View Post
Vortex is a great value for the money, and they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty. Even on refurbished items.

I've bought refurbs from aaoptics and I'm happy with my purchases. The refurbs come in waaay under your budget, so you'll have more money for ammo!
Cabelas USED to have a lifetime warranty as well. They don't anymore. Proving once again the nothing is forever.
I don't think Vortex is going anywhere in any of our lifetimes. Cabela's is a retail store which is very different than a manufacturer of one of the most popular optics on the market.
Old 12-15-2019, 01:06 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Send a message via AIM to bilrus61
Get a Leupold EFR

Midway has 'em with a 25 gift card so they end up costing 275. As far as the AO goes just set it and forget it when hunting. Is there if you want it, like cruise control on a car.
My Leupold freedom EFR has the AO and as far as I can tell is the exact same optics as the older version. Just more "tactical" styling. I much prefere the fine duplex. It is light tough and sharp and clear.
No reason to worry about fakes from any big Estore just avoid ebay and some gun show stuff. Best thing about a leupold is if you ever want to sell it they sell much better/faster than some of other brands.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:23 PM
Flint_Fredrstone

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree that less mass/less to get jarred loose.. This is proven fact. Easier on the rings/mounts as well!...

The only time I am concerned with A/O is when putting a Non-rimfire scope on a gun that isn't going to shoot much past 100 yds. I like my parallax to right around 50-60 yards which is where most "rimfire" scopes are set.
Old 12-15-2019, 03:41 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilrus61 View Post
Midway has 'em with a 25 gift card so they end up costing 275. As far as the AO goes just set it and forget it when hunting. Is there if you want it, like cruise control on a car.
My Leupold freedom EFR has the AO and as far as I can tell is the exact same optics as the older version. Just more "tactical" styling. I much prefere the fine duplex. It is light tough and sharp and clear.
No reason to worry about fakes from any big Estore just avoid ebay and some gun show stuff. Best thing about a leupold is if you ever want to sell it they sell much better/faster than some of other brands.
A scope to keep forever IME.
Old 12-15-2019, 07:38 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (49)
I bought a Weaver RV-9 in Nov for < $200 shipped. AO, Japan, lifetime warranty, canít beat the price and quality.

Hope you can still find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-16-2019, 08:42 AM
eastbank
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
who,s going to repair or replace our weavers if they goes tits up? by the way I,m in the same boat with a weaver 6-24x on a .223.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:01 AM
RCGuy50

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastbank View Post
who,s going to repair or replace our weavers if they goes tits up? by the way I,m in the same boat with a weaver 6-24x on a .223.
Weaver warranty is sent to Bushnell in Kansas City.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:14 PM
Phil in Alabama

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
What about the Sightron 3-9x 32mm rimfire scope? The only criteria missing would be the plain crosshair reticle. Otherwise they seem nice. A compact 3-9, good size and lighter weight.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:42 PM
280phil66

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Burris Droptine 3x9, 40mm, model #200019, focus at 50yds for .22 lr
On sale now at N. Shooters Supplies for $120
Old 12-17-2019, 08:25 AM
Dranrab
US Coast Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 280phil66 View Post
Burris Droptine 3x9, 40mm, model #200019, focus at 50yds for .22 lr
On sale now at N. Shooters Supplies for $120
I was just going to recommend that scope. I have one. While I have not put it to the test yet, I am pleased with it. Eye relief and eye box are not up to Leupold standards. The optical clarity and crispness are. My experience with Burris is that when I go to sight it in, it will move as dialed. My experience with Leupold is that when I go to sight it in there will be some level of mystery involved. Leupolds have always served me well once set, but Leupold's steadfast refusal to acknowledge and address this undeniable issue has driven me away from them.

The Burris is made in the Philippines. Vortex is made in China. At similar price points, I find the Burris to be better optically. Get the Burris. https://www.natchezss.com/burris-dro...-er-matte.html

It is exactly what you are looking for.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:47 AM
profsrgary

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just saw a Leupold VX-2 3X9 for $130.99. It is listed as blemished.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:42 PM
Jgrizz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I like the Nikon Erf rimfire better than the Leupold personally. The mueller are great in this price range. I saw someone say they’re junk which may be their experience but mine have been quite different. I replaced a Nikon Rimfire with a mueller with Ao and its a crisp scope both glass and adjustment wise. What’s nikons warranty going to look like >2020?
Old 12-19-2019, 06:51 PM
Jgrizz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That being said. Lots of stuff to consider. Vortex makes good scopes in this range as others have said. The reason they’re in this range is that fact they’re made in China. Look at American and Philippine company’s stopping production. Weaver and Nikon. Tough to compete. I try not to get too hung up on the brand but get a scope that looks and feels good. Hard to do on the internet. Even holding them in person, I’ve put them on a gun and just not liked them. with uncertainty surrounding Nikon and weavers move, you may look in a different direction. Any Leupold with an Ao is likely going to run you more than $200