Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Shooting rest

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  tmont 
#1 ·
I have a Caldwell rock front rest with a front caldwell bag I will give to the first one who says I will take it. Upgraded to a bald eagle and its just in the way. Hell I will even pay the shipping. Lots of people on this website have helped me out. Its the least I can do to pay it forward.

#9 ·
one of the rules of offering something on Pay it Forward is that the person who has something to give away pays the shipping. The recipient is not to pay anything for receiving the freebie. Just FYI. Thanks. :t
yes, the rules say the person who is offering up the PIF item is to pay all costs of shipping...but there is nothing saying that the person who claims a PIF item cannot offer to pay for the shipping of the item if they desire to do so.

I know if I were to claim such an item as was offered here, or any large or particularly valuable item, I would insist on at least paying the shipping myself, and I would still feel obligated to offer up something equally as nice for the next person....I would hope I'm not alone in this sentiment

#19 ·
drknite -

I realize I am late to this party but I still wish to comment.

First - Major kudos to you sir!!!!! Your action epitomizes the "spirit of giving" that DigDaddyRL, the originator, had in mind when he started this thread.

Secondly - The especially gratifying part of this specific PIF transaction is that not only did drknite offer up something of value to the membership, it ultimately found its way into the hands of young shooters - the FUTURE of this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For what it is worth - I know Wtlj personally, and this rest could not have gone to a better group of kids, who will be taught the type of fundamentals and safety that make us all proud.

Just my opinion

John

#20 ·
I Will Second That

drknite -

I realize I am late to this party but I still wish to comment.

First - Major kudos to you sir!!!!! Your action epitomizes the "spirit of giving" that DigDaddyRL, the originator, had in mind when he started this thread.

Secondly - The especially gratifying part of this specific PIF transaction is that not only did drknite offer up something of value to the membership, it ultimately found its way into the hands of young shooters - the FUTURE of this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For what it is worth - I know Wtlj personally, and this rest could not have gone to a better group of kids, who will be taught the type of fundamentals and safety that make us all proud.

Just my opinion

John
DrKnite- my hats off to you...RFC just seems to rub off on the right people- and You Sir are one who really gets it. As jcrowleyiv said- wtlj is a great guy and very hard working father of a young family. You could not have bestowed your generosity on a more deserving clan.

Kudos to You!!!

:bthumb::bthumb::bthumb:

Respectfully,

DrGunner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.