Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-08-2019, 12:36 PM
aboyer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Walther / Hammerli Tac R1

Hi All,

Last week I purchased a Walther / Hammerli Tac R1.

I took it to the range this weekend and the trigger is very heavy. I was trying to find a schematic of the rifle to look at it before I decide to take it all apart to add some grease to the trigger mechanism but I was wondering if anyone else has this rifle and if their trigger was very heavy also.

The pull force is advertised as 6-9 lbs. I don't have a trigger force gage but it feel more than 9 lbs.

Also, does anyone have the schematics for this rifle? The manual that it came with is poor at best.

Other than the trigger, the rifle operates great and feels good in the hands.

Thanks,
Antonio
Old 07-08-2019, 12:42 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
aboyer, there are some very knowledgeable folks here but you might also try the WaltherForm if you can't get it sorted. Primarily pistols but there are rifle sections. Good luck. 1917
Old 07-18-2019, 02:44 PM
aboyer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
1917-1911M,

Thanks. I contacted Walther directly and they were able to send me the exploded view schematics.

Regards,
Antonio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 06:55 PM
NickGT
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyer View Post
1917-1911M,

Thanks. I contacted Walther directly and they were able to send me the exploded view schematics.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio, How is this rifle treating you? I am considering getting one in the near future. That trigger weight has to be wrong. TIA for any info! Nick A
Old 08-16-2019, 08:34 AM
aboyer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nick,
I am loving this rifle. From all of my research, the triggers on this rifle, the Umarex Colt M4 and Umarex HK416 all are very heavy (they ball use pretty much the same trigger box based on the schematics).
I found a kit for the Umarex HK416 that definitely helped with the trigger weight.
The stock pull weight was 9 lbs 7 oz measured on a Lyman Pull Gauge.
I pulled apart the trigger box assembly, polished the mating surfaces and greased the surfaces well and the weight dropped to 9 lbs 5 oz so not a significant improvement but still an improvement.
After adding the spring kit, it went down to 6 lbs 7 oz so it is much better now.
I really like shooting this rifle. The only thing I would like better is if the design was more like an AR lower platform so I could use AR components for the trigger but the kit wasn't that bad so I can live with it.
Regards,
Antonio
Old 09-11-2019, 10:23 PM
SuddenMinotaurs

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyer View Post
Nick,
I am loving this rifle. From all of my research, the triggers on this rifle, the Umarex Colt M4 and Umarex HK416 all are very heavy (they ball use pretty much the same trigger box based on the schematics).
I found a kit for the Umarex HK416 that definitely helped with the trigger weight.
The stock pull weight was 9 lbs 7 oz measured on a Lyman Pull Gauge.
I pulled apart the trigger box assembly, polished the mating surfaces and greased the surfaces well and the weight dropped to 9 lbs 5 oz so not a significant improvement but still an improvement.
After adding the spring kit, it went down to 6 lbs 7 oz so it is much better now.
I really like shooting this rifle. The only thing I would like better is if the design was more like an AR lower platform so I could use AR components for the trigger but the kit wasn't that bad so I can live with it.
Regards,
Antonio
Hi Antonio!

I was thinking about getting a Hammerli, myself! You mentioned a trigger kit improving the weight of pull, and I was wondering if you could let me know where you got it from or what the manufacturer of the kit was?

Cheers!
Old 09-13-2019, 09:15 AM
aboyer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi SuddenMinotaurs,

Sure, I bout iot from HKparts.net. Here is a link to the kit I bought:

https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-4...-343p17340.htm

Regards,
Antonio