Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:06 AM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
February 2017 100-Yard Benchrest Challenge

February 2017 100-Yard Benchrest Challenge

Guidelines:

Notice: These guidelines are for February's 2017 100-Yard .17/.22 Rimfire Benchrest Challenge. Hopefully it is pretty self-explanatory, but if you have any questions, please PM me for clarification or post your question in the thread.

The classes will be divided into three (3) groups. Factory Sporter, Modified and Honorary. Only CZ or BRNO rifles are allowed in the Factory Sporter and Modified classes. Any rifle capable of chambering a .17 or .22 caliber rimfire round is permitted in the Honorary class.

Factory Sporter: Rifles can include trigger modifications (including aftermarket trigger replacement,) bolt work, striker mods, etc., but it must use a factory CZ barrel. No tuners are allowed, even with factory barrels. Stocks must be factory OEM. No limitations will be included on optics. Use whichever power scope you wish.

Modified: Will include any rifle which hosts a 3rd party barrel, (Lilja, Benchmark, Shilen, etc.) Again, no limitation on optics.

Honorary: Though he is not a CZ shooter, this class was begun due to the inspiration of Smoothtrigger and his desire to participate in our Challenges. This class will include any non-CZ/BRNO rifle of .17 or .22 rimfire caliber and will also include any action capable of chambering either round. Again, no limitation on optics.

This month, the target is again provided by Jaia and will be our shooter's source of inspiration. The target is scored “Bingo” style…..that is, you may choose your best score either from left to right, diagonally, or up and down. Remember, this is a 100-yard Challenge, so any target submitted must be shot at 100 yards. The target will consist of 25 shots, 1 shot per bullseye with your best 3 rows of 5 shots submitted as your score. Again, you can score the target either left to right, diagonally or vertically; hence, “Bingo” style.

This target should not require much in terms of explanation...Once you download the target, the method to score the target has been included next to the two sighters located at the top left of the page.

The link to download the target is below. Please let me know if you have any trouble with the link.

The title of this month's target is CHERRYPICK100.PDF. You can use either the black or red version. Old guys like me might want to use the red one.

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=...arget%20folder

Remember, your best results scoring a target will come from using a heavier paper. Most like to use a 60+ pound paper available from virtually anywhere....Meijer's, Staples, Walmart, etc.

All targets, there are 25 per page, will require 1-shot per bullseye. Shoot as many pages as you would like and post your very best. Only your best page and highest score (a possible high score of 30 points) will be counted. When you print the target be sure to set it to print "Actual size" which should give you the correct target size.

The rifle can be supported front and rear; however no one-piece or vice-type rests are allowed. Bipods/rear bags, mechanical rests (front and/or rear) may also be used either from the bench or prone position….shooter’s choice.

Calibers can include any 17 or 22 caliber rimfire in any class. There are no restrictions on bullet type. You may use match ammo, HV, HP or whatever it is with which you typically shoot.

If you don't wish to download your own target, simply PM me your e-mail address, and I will e-mail to you a copy of this month's target.

Please self-score your own target. In legible ink or marker include the following information with your target.

1. Shooter’s RFC screen name.
2. Totals of all 3 rows
3. Rifle description
4. Ammunition used
5. Date of target

For those with any number of CZ’s/BRNO’s and other brands, feel free to shoot in any class at your discretion. Please post only your best target from each class.

The top 3 places from each class will receive the following:

1st Place Factory Sporter:

25.00 Gift Card From Home Depot

2nd Place Factory Sporter:

15.00 Gift Card From Home Depot

3rd Place Factory Sporter:

1 Box .22 CCI SV

1st Place Modified

2nd Place Modified:

3rd Place Modified:

1 Box .22 CCI SV

1st Place Honorary

2nd Place Honorary:

3rd Place Honorary:

1 Box .22 CCI SV

In the event a shooter feels a mistake has been made in reference to a competitor’s score or the shooter’s final position among participants, an RFC Moderator will make the final determination.

Please have all targets into the thread which reads “February 2017 100-Yard Benchrest Challenge,” no later then the 5 days before the end of the month. This will allow all targets to be viewed and any protests to be answered.

Have fun!!!

Bob (dnttech)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Standings

Modified

1. 15 - Jaia - CZ 455/Lilja/17HMR/Hornady VMAX - Target Location - Page 18, Post #269

2. 14 - Spladle160 - CZ 455/Benchmark 2-G/22LR/RWS R50 - Target Location - Page 23, Post #343

3. 13 - Jake - CZ 455/Lilja/22LR/Federal Gold Medal Ultra Match - Target Location - Page 16, Post #235-A

4. 12 - Cam - CZ 455/Lilja/22LR/RWS R50 - Target Location - Page 16, Post #235-B

Factory Sporter

1. 23 - rcmark - CZ 455/22LR/Eley Club - Target Location - Page 16, Post #240

2. 20 - Ffournier - CZ 453 American/22LR/Federal Ultra Match - Target Location - Page 14, Post #196

3. 16 - Bronco 302 - CZ 452 American/22LR/Eley Edge - Target Location - Page 6, Post #79

4. 14 - Chilly807 - CZ 452 Varmint/22LR/Lapua Center X - Target Location - Page 17, Post #241

5. 14 - gstaylorg - CZ 455 VPT/22LR/Lapua Center X - Target Location - Page 15, Post #220

6. 10 - 455guru - CZ 455 Varmint/22LR/Eley Edge - Target Location - Page 9, Post #121

7. 9 - bdriscole - CZ 452/22LR/SK Standard Plus - Target Location - Page 23, Post #332

8. 8 - Oldskeeter - CZ 455 American/22LR/SK Standard Plus - Target Location - Page 23, Post #340

Honorary

1. 21 - TSF - Anschutz 1727F-22/22LR/RWS R50 - Target Location - Page 12, Post #177

2. 19 - Rick Baum - Anschutz/22LR/RWS R50 - Target Location - Page 14, Post #200

3. 18 - Smoothtrigger - Anschutz 1727F-22/22LR/RWS R50 - Target Location - Page 3, Post #33

4. 18 - Bronco 302 - Anschutz 1827F-22/22LR/Lapua Polar Biathlon - Target Location - Page 21, Post #304

5. 17 - Bill40718 - Martini 12/15/22LR/Eley Practice 100 - Target Location - Page 22, Post #316

6. 17 - R4B1DM4U53 - Weatherby XXII /22LR/Lapua Midas + - Target Location - Page 21, Post #315

7. 12 - david root2000 - Anschutz 64MS/22LR/Eley Club - Target Location - Page 19, Post #278

Last edited by dnttech; 02-24-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:14 AM
dnttech

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I've gone ahead and posted the February 100-Yard Benchrest Challenge guidelines a little early.

Three reasons for this....

1. There will be an "enforced" cut-off date for targets from here on out. ALL targets which you wish to have counted MUST be submitted no later then 5 days before the end of the month. For February, this means the 23rd of the month. Please DO NOT submit a target after that date and force me to be the "bad guy!"

2. All shooters who enter will have their places shown in their respective classes. Not just the top 3.

3. In order for shooters and those who simply wish to view the targets, the participant's target will be shown by post number next to the participant's standings on page 1 beneath the Guidelines.

Though the Guidelines are early, please don't post a target for it until the 1st day of February; otherwise, it won't be counted.

Bob
Old 01-31-2017, 11:39 AM
FFournier
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Jaia, could you please post another link for this target? I don't know why but once again I'm not getting to an update folder, the link takes me to the same list as when I was trying to download your Cr*ppy ammo target. Wish I could finger out why this keeps happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2017, 11:48 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It probably has to do with clearing your cache, Fred. Saying that to someone that just dropped as much as you did on a new scope is borderline dangerous..lol
If that doesn't work, send me a pm with your email address and I'll email you a copy.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:17 PM
FFournier

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
LOL...Love the play on words Chilly. Yeah, that worked, thanks. On an iPad just clearing the cache is not an option, you have to delete your history and browsing data also. Kind of a P in the A because then you have to sign into everything that use to be done automatically but what the heck.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:29 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFournier View Post
LOL...Love the play on words Chilly. Yeah, that worked, thanks. On an iPad just clearing the cache is not an option, you have to delete your history and browsing data also. Kind of a P in the A because then you have to sign into everything that use to be done automatically but what the heck.
Sounds like you're good to go. Although I did have a very special version of February's target, just for you.. slightly smaller bulls!
Old 01-31-2017, 12:32 PM
jaia

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Links

Cherrypicker100 Target

Cherrypicker 100 Red Target

There's always a lotta bull in these challenge threads...

Reading the challenge instructions and a thought occured to puzzle me...

this obviously qualifies as a vise type rest:

which left me wondering...what qualifies as a vice type rest?

Is that something normally used to support the camera or actor in the adult film industry?

Last edited by jaia; 01-31-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:46 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaia View Post
Links

<snip>

Old 01-31-2017, 01:13 PM
FFournier

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilly807 View Post
Sounds like you're good to go. Although I did have a very special version of February's target, just for you.. slightly smaller bulls!
Gee thanks Chilly. It's so nice to be thought of.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:47 PM
gstaylorg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
For reasons I don't quite understand, I cannot Save/Print any of the target files in the folder, or through the links posted below in this page by jaia. I keep getting an error message and the files will not save/print. Computer is a Mac running Safari, don't think it's a cache issue.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:59 PM
Steelpier

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaia View Post
Links

Cherrypicker100 Target

Cherrypicker 100 Red Target

Reading the challenge instructions and a thought occured to puzzle me...

this obviously qualifies as a vise type rest:

which left me wondering...what qualifies as a vice type rest?

Is that something normally used to support the camera or actor in the adult film industry?
Don't think the block is long enough
Old 01-31-2017, 03:06 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
On my Mac Mini, I have to do these three steps to get it to print properly.

Open the link.

Hit the print button it the upper right corner. (That will not print the target).

Tap the File button in the tool bar, and then scroll down to print. Hit print. Make sure it's set at 100%.

Smooth
Old 01-31-2017, 03:08 PM
jaia

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I've got another one....will this do?

Old 01-31-2017, 03:10 PM
jaia

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
PDF links are a known issue with Mac and Safari.
Solution/work arounds are available on line.

Search: pdf won't download safari mac
Old 01-31-2017, 03:11 PM
gstaylorg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tried that, but still get the same error massage: