Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:39 AM
Roguehunter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I printed out both the 25 and 50 yd targets. Looks fun.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:23 PM
gallcpa

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile It's harder than it looks!

I came across this thread last night and thought I'd give it a try.

No excuses. Practice, practice, practice.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:00 PM
MLR1722

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got 12 of 25 today at 50 yards. Some of the misses were way off, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2016, 09:41 PM
gkgeiger
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I tried it at 50 yds this morning. Not what I had hoped for. Will keep practicing. My problem is consistency. Nailed a few and some were an inch off. It is fun though.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:15 AM
jseal

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
50 yd target

I tried the 50 yd target yesterday. It is really a lot more challenging than you think. I hit 19 out of 25. I know my gun is set up dead on at 50, but one little wiggle or one breath too many and you are out of the circle. Great game, great target. I am going to just keep shooting this target and try to get better. I will tell you if you are looking for a good target to better your accuracy and it be fun also, I recommend this target.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:51 PM
Supr78nova

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootsquirrel View Post
I've started doing the same thing @ 80 yds hanging a disc blade with a 3/4" sq hole on a drywall screw. if no "ding" you've hit inside & it's point but you automaticlly win when you drive the drywall screw & the disc blade falls. It's a blast!
Do you have any pics of this setup? Sounds interesting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2017, 09:37 PM
CaptAlex
US Coast Guard Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
R U guys using any time requirements with this. Ya know for added stress?? OH Sorry, I'm not on the Job any longer. I'm retired & can enjoy shooting again !! ha ha.....
Old 03-03-2017, 04:10 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
This week end wind permitting I'm going to try this at 25.

To qualify, you have to drive all the racks right?

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 11-18-2017, 12:42 AM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Stevens 16ga..

I have and old stevens 16ga single barrel shotgun.
Pawn shop special.
Thirty bucks if i remembers right.
Several years ago its been now.
I believe shes full..full choke.
Dime will not drop into muzzle.
She's still tight as a tick.
Locks up like a bank vault.
And the old girl shoots like a rifle.
Point at squirrels nose.. bang/flop.
Trigger is kinda light.
And the stock is some kind of hard plastic.
With a hay baler belt trimmed out for a butt pad.
And house paint on the bottom side of barrel.
Bluing is mostly gone.
I just love it!
Old 12-22-2017, 08:56 PM
Versys

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
This game is maddening. Especially at 32 degrees F.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:53 PM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I came across this thread/game a couple of months ago and found it interesting and printed out some 25s and 50s. Wind, weather and old age have kept me away from it till recently. I tried it a bit Friday but for only 10 rounds at 25 yds. I had 5 hits, 2 just a hair out and 3 full misses. For some background, I am an OF at 72 with COPD which inhibits my breath control to a certain extent. I'm shooting an unmodified Stevens 66C with an old Weaver 4X scope. I am shooting off a bench with bags front and rear. I know everything is subjective but given the above, what would anyone think a realistic result should be. By the time I fired the 10 rounds I had to stop and catch some breath. LOL.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:44 AM
17ghogkiller

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
I'd say you are doing very well with what you have. I played in super stock with I highly modified gun aftermarket barrel, 25 power scope, and Kidd trigger. It still wasn't a sure thing. I also fired off 4000 rds of target ammo that summer shooting games and usbr so I had a lot of practice. It's not as easy as people think.
Old 05-11-2018, 11:40 AM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks for the input. I just got some more targets printed off and plan to go back at it tomorrow. If I can ever get the trigger off this rifle I plan on replacing the spring with something a little lighter. I'm sure that will help me a lot. It is certainly fun and with my setup, such as it is, I can tell instantly if a round is off. A really bad feeling. LOL.
Old 09-06-2018, 03:54 AM
toeknee

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Hi to you all, I just found this forum and had quite the process to get signed on but all good now.
This tack driving game interests me as I have just been given a Savage BTVLSS 22 for a 70th birthday gift from my wife of 50yrs.
I have hunted in the past but advancing years and bad knees have curtailed that activity and I now confine my shooting to blowing holes in paper at varying distances the 30-06 was getting expensive on my pension and mentioned to the missus a 22 would be more economical to shoot on a regular basis,she got the hint and with a little help actually had one delivered for my birthday, not an easy feat here in Canada, anyway to cut a long story short I mounted a $50 3-9x40 Tasco scope on it from a cabelas sale and bought a 18 different brands of ammo and set off to the range, one brand consistently shot 5 shot groups with all shots touching, it got a little boring so after searching the net for ideas I found this site, I have printed off a bunch of the 25 yard targets and plan to try them at 40 yards - it is the lenght of our rimfire range at the moment.
Friday 7th Sept will be the day i get to shoot the first target, if I can figure it out I will post pics and ammo type, wish me luck.

Tony.......
Old 09-07-2018, 09:23 PM
toeknee

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Smile

Well that was really interesting out of the 25 I scored a disappointing 6 a lot were close but no cigar, have to admit it is fun and will no doubt become addictive, I shot the 25 yard target at 35 yards, I thought it would be cheating to shoot the 50 at 35 but next time I will cheat
Ammo was Browning BPR 37 grainHP at 1400fps it seems to suit this particular rifle well, the only rest I had was a bag under the forestock and my shoulder at the rear, scope was a Tasco 3-9x40 rimfire, quite interesting to watch my heartbeat make the target dance.

Maybe next time but not for a month as i am off to Europe for a month so hopefully I will be rested and ready to give it another "SHOT"

Until then...