Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-06-2004, 10:31 PM
17HUMMER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs down Bad Varmint Hunting Videos

I am new to the board and would like to start out by saying hello to all of you. I hope my first post does not turn into something to contraversal?
For Christmas I received several varmint hunting videos. I did'nt have a problem with a 2 of them, but the other 2 which happened to be a set, ( I'm not sure if It is o'kay to say the name of the video on here?) volume 1 & 2. I had a big problem with these tapes. First of all I never even got to open the second tape and watch because the first one was so dissapointing. My problem with the tape was this, In the background in direct line of fire of the prarie dogs were homes, barns, roads (with cars going by), cows and other equiptment as well. It was plain to see that the shooters were only interested in killing and not safety. They were shooting high powered guns like 22-250 and 223 which we all know are long distance shooters. I'm sure that whoever has seen this video knows which one it is and I'm sure the second one is just the same as the first. I think it is totally unethical to hunt like this let alone make a tape showing your stupidity and lack of judgement. I would like to know how many of you support my feeling on this subject or dissagree with me? I consider myself a very ethical hunter and have always taught my kids about how to safely shoot and handle a gun. Please let me know what you think?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:08 PM
varmastr

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
not having seen said video(s). i would have to agree with the safety aspect. although sometimes the camera eye puts things closer (or farther) than actual it still doesnt make it right.
nowadays with the MADCOW disease, shooting, shovelling and shut-uping a cow may not be such a bad thing, just kidding of course!
In all seriousness, im not sure about mentioning videos on here, but if you feel that these videos portray you (all conscientious hunters and shooters) in a negative or unsafe way. Im sure the folks here will support your observations and recomendations. No one here would want to see someone carelessly hurt, It only puts one more nail in the gun vs antigun coffin.
oh, by the way! welcome to the RFC granola bowl!!! Its the place that is filled with fruits, flakes, and a whole lota nuts !!!!
Roger
Old 01-07-2004, 11:59 AM
ice
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I agree with you completely. A responsible person would never shoot a high powered rifle knowing they did not have a safe background. Anti-gunners can have a field day with a video like this.
________
South American Recipes

Last edited by ice; 05-10-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2004, 11:02 PM
DaveR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't see anything wrong with telling us what video it is. See, this way we know which ones not to buy. No support for the unsafe videos. And, I do agree with you. Never take a shot if there is something behind your target you wouldn't want your bullet to hit. You have absolutely no control over the bullet once the hamer falls.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:45 PM
REDTIP17

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I think by naming them and condeming the safety issue, We might let some of these anti-gunners know that we're not totally "Gun Wielding Idiots". Bill
Old 01-07-2004, 11:52 PM
17HUMMER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Exploding Varmints Part 1 & 2 are the names of the tapes... I e-mailed them last week and asked for a refund because of my observations of careless shooting and this is what I got:

Hi Steve,

You can have a full refund no problem.
You are the first one to ever make these comments and we have sold hundreds of thousands of tapes.
Sounds like you want a FREE tape that you made copies of and need the money.

Varmint Videos
Customer Service

So this was my reply to that:

Your customer service ethics seem to be as bad as you hunting ethics. For you to accuse someone of something you should first know what you are talking about before you start doing so. If I were interested in copying your tapes I would have opened the second one as you will see it is still in the shrink wrap for we have no interest in seeing it. In anycase I am willing to overlook your sarcasm. You know not everyone in this world is dishonest!!! So please tell me how to proceed from here for a refund. Steve

I'm still waiting for a reply... So much for my refund, JERKS!!!
NEVER BUY THESE TAPES!!!
Old 01-08-2004, 12:25 AM
REDTIP17

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'd e-mail them again and ask the procedure for the refund. I'd also say that I already had an e-mail offering a refund. BUT need instruction on how to return them. Foward a copy of their e-mail to them with your e-mail. Bill
Old 01-08-2004, 04:49 AM
n3480h

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
17HUMMER, thanks for the information. I've not seen these tapes, nor do I care to. And I would not do business with anyone whose "customer service" involves accusing customers of a federal offense.

I'd suggest the Prairie Dog Be Gone tape. These guys do it right, and safely. You can find a link at predatormasters.com.
Old 01-09-2004, 09:47 PM
17HUMMER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
n3480h, Thanks for the recommendation to get the dogbegone tape. But, there's only one problem!!! I ALREADY HAVE IT!!! LOL, I think that is a GREAT tape. It's getting us through the winter of no squirrel hunting... That is what we have here, diggers and lots of them. Can't wait till spring!!!
Old 01-10-2004, 09:33 AM
DaveR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Heck with email! I'd be on the phone and go as high as you can up their chain. That is uncalled for and I'd sure make sure they knew it! How about we all send them an email letting them know how discusted we are with their hunting ethics and their customer service.

17 Hummer, what's their email. I want to let them know how I feel.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:19 PM
17HUMMER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dave, I have the feeling this is a one or two man backyard operation. No legitimate business would have replied in that way. Here is there e-mail address if you would like to express your thoughts. [email protected] It has been over a week and I still have not had a response in this matter. I'm sure at this point he has no intention of giving one to me. You know I was upset with the way the video was produced which led me to e-mailing him in the first place. Others might not have done the same but I felt real strongly on the subject. But I think at this point what has me the maddest is the remark about the free tape thing...
Old 01-10-2004, 02:49 PM
DaveR

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Their responce accusing you of pirating their tape is what got me upset myself. 1 man, 2 man, 5000 man. Doesn't matter. A business is a business. They should treat there customers with at least common curtasy(sp?). I will surely be emailing them and asking about their hunting and business ethics.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:04 AM
OldWolf

TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
I saw excerpts of these tapes on their website. I thought the excerpts were tacky and glorified the “exploding” of the animals rather than promoting a tradition of responsible hunting. The anti-hunters would love to get their hands on these tapes.

Their response to you is not too surprising.

IMHO,
Brad Davis
Old 01-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Plinkster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Red face Louis?

This jerk apparently works for advanced labs, and makes cheesy varmit videos on the side. I went to there web sight and they specialize in all that anti aging, muscle fitness herbal garbage. The web sight is www.advancedlabs.com. I can't believe he accused you of copying the tape. Especially when you addressed the ill saftey issue.....These are the people the anti-gun people prey on. I love the dog be gone video.....But when you really think about it......it's kinda graphic too.......But it is a safe video and it teaches hunting ethics and techniques. I really think these guys were more interested in exploding animals for meanness rather than thining out the population. And I say this only after hearing his remark about the tape being copied........I'll never buy his video.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:47 PM
colorado bob c

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I completely agree with your statements that safety always comes first. However, not having seen these videos I'm wondering if it was really that bad. Folks who put out videos/magazines these days are usually pretty careful about such things.

I wonder if there wasn't a good backstop that didn't show up on the camera? Or something like that?