0% (0)
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/

You will need to download the catalog.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:33 PM
white house
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Or you just call them and ask for the CM2 like I did--something about advertising guns keeps some companies hiding the fact they sell them on the web. Just call them and they will ship it after getting your VISA. I lucked out but I think anyone doing this will luck out to get one. Nothing but good reports on these $299 USSR Vostok rifles with apertures and an artillery type bolt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2008, 03:02 PM
MICROGUNNER
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
They're also available brand new imported by Russian American Arms and your FFL should be able to order one for you. My wholesale order price (I'm an FFL holder) is 526.00. That's a big jump from a couple years back when I ordered me a brand new one for $350.00. Mine looks a little crude but shoots great.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:15 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CDNN Investments 2008-4

2008-4 Catalog 39Mb Call For Handgun Prices (Just Click Here To Download) - Page 7

It won't be long before a flood of these will be for RE-SALE at the auction sites.

Last edited by aom22; 08-10-2008 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Add Comment
Old 08-09-2008, 04:39 PM
white house

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know one $299 CM2 Rifle that won't be re-sold....
It is in my quarters alongside an 1873 Winchester .44-40, a 9422M, a CZ 527 FS .223, a 61 Winchester, a 70 Winchester, an 1890 Winchester, a 925M Marlin, ....etc.
None of these are going anywhere but out to shoot in my happy hands....
Old 08-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Chattcatdaddy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I`m thinking of picking a CM-2 for shooting silhouettes. Is the weight 5kg as advertised? Would if be possible to remove weight from the stock to get it down to around 8.5 lbs?
Old 08-17-2008, 05:37 PM
jaundice

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
What's the consensus on the new vs. used ones? Is it worth paying the extra ~$300 or so for a new one?

-John
Old 08-17-2008, 06:32 PM
harris hawk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaundice View Post
What's the consensus on the new vs. used ones? Is it worth paying the extra ~$300 or so for a new one?

-John
I don't think it's worth the difference in money, JMO. Also, I believe the "Vostok" CM-2 that CDNN is selling(which is where I got one of mine)is different than the new CM-2 type rifles currently being sold. The older versions appear to be heavier built in several different aspects of the two CM-2 rifles. Again, JMO.
Michael
Old 08-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Chattcatdaddy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thoose prices for the used CM2 is very tempting. I thought I was a "scope" kinda guy. That is until I spent a good deal of time shooting thru a scope and my scores for silhouette shooting dropped. I shoot better with aperture sights, or at least I have more confidence and forces me to concentrate more on technique.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:14 AM
white house

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The aperture sights on the old used $299 Vostoks are alone worth the investment. The balance of mine is perfect for me and I wouldn't want to take away weight. I'd take this rifle into the field in a heartbeat to hunt varmints with the iron sights easily--that circle post front sight does not obliterate the target at all and the feel and crispness of the rifle balance and image of the sights is outstanding...
Old 08-18-2008, 12:49 PM
ewald

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone know how much the pistols are selling for?
Old 08-18-2008, 09:38 PM
harris hawk

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewald View Post
Anyone know how much the pistols are selling for?
I think they're in the $399-$699 range depending on condition, if I recall last months catalog correctly.
Michael
Old 08-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Rockbuster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just ordered a CM-2 from CDNN yesterday and will report back when I receive it. I got a quote from Mac for a used CM-2 (old model from the '60s he said, as opposed to the new ones). Their price is $395 +$20 shipping for used, but I don't know if the condition is better than the CDNN rifles or not. He said they change the front sight to be Anschutz compatible, FWIW.

I asked about the target pistol when I called CDNN and they said they are out of stock but were promised to get more. He said the last ones they had were $699.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:13 AM
Rockbuster

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CM-2 received.

Following up to my previous post, I picked up my CDNN CM-2 from my ffl on Thursday and here is the report. Overall, I am pleased with the rifle and bang for the buck. Thanks for the tip on ordering one of these.

Identification. For identification purposes, it seems to be a Vostok Ural "-1" because the markings on the top of the receiver flat is "Made in USSR VOSTOK UPA/\" with no "-2" or "-3", etc. It has the three lug bolt, so it is a BK-3 action with 3-line knurled silver metal ball bolt handle. It is, essentially, identical to whitehouse's except the metal finish has a couple of places worn through, like the ejection port, but is in excellent condition everywhere else metal finish wise. TGI of Knox, TN is the importer. Barrel diameter is 22.4 mm. No evidence of having a polymer sleeve or hammer forging marks. Crown looks nice and is left silver and unfinished. I was hoping to win the lottery and get one with a top rail for scope mounting, but was not that fortunate. I still am glad it has the BK-3 action.

Features. It does not have a feed ramp or "sled" incoporated into the action. The buttplate was not correct for the rifle and was a plastic adjustable and the holes do not match up with the stock's internal mounting bracket - only held on by one screw b/c of this. I contacted CDNN and they said they have some parts rifles to canibalize for one, so I think they will send a replacement once I send pictures of the internal stock hardware. I will let you guys know how they handle this issue.

Trigger and Adjustment. The trigger is sweet once I adjusted it down a little. Point of information for you all - when adjusting the trigger screw, the rifle dry fired when I adjusted the trigger past the point where the sear makes contact. So, it looks as if the trigger is adjustable all the way to "fire", implying that ounces is possible with this rig. I don't have a trigger scale so can't measure, but it will drop if I put just a little pressure on it.

Stock. No Cracks - woohoo! The stock has a couple of small gouges that look very recent, but the shellac is almost completely intact (except for the gouges) and is not worn through. It has blonde wood. I will probably refinish it just because I want to work on the gouges, sand a little for a more elegant finish, darken it a little and just want something to practice my refinishing skills on. Not coated with it, but Cosmo was present in small quantities.

Chamber. I chambered a round and was a little concerned because I was not able to drop a case into the chamber and push it all the way in with my thumb - had to use the bolt to get it to fully chamber. I found out why when I chambered using the bolt - the ejected round (unfired) had groves in it and I could see that the gun has a really short chamber and the bolt is jamming the rounds into the rifling. So, there is NO jump to the rifling. Maybe this is why these guns are so accurate. The action is so overbuilt that I don't doubt that it can handle any pressure spike from jamming the bullet into the rifling. oh, and there was an incredible amount of caked in grit around the outside diameter of the barrel inside the receiver and on the boltface. Had to scrape it our with a paper clip made into an "L" shape. Solvent and air pressure wasn't enough. Barrel looks clean and shiny.

Metal Finish. The paint they used on the metal seems to be good stuff and seems to have held up to the wear very well with no big scratches or heavy wear. It is a little shinier in places, but seems comparable to the polymer finishes like Birdsongs Black-T or similar.

Overall, really nice deal. I really like ugly rifles that shoot. Here's da pics:

Last edited by Rockbuster; 08-31-2008 at 03:50 AM.