TOZ 78 - Tula, Winchester Wildcat 22 (aka TOZ 78-12), Optical Sights, USA Peep Sights - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:09 AM
HighValleyRanch

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Which peep is that?

What is the model of that williams peep?
What gun was it made for?
Like the set up. Can it be moved all the way to the rear of the receiver?
Would like to set up my Toz with this peep and see through rings for scope.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:31 AM
canadiangunnut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It's the Williams FPGR and it's made to fit grooved .22rimfire receivers.
It can't be moved back further because of the bolt path but you could get a WGRS-54 from williams or a NECG rimfire peep that does not hang out the side and sits over top of the receiver.

Quote:
Great Information and good pictures, I've been trying to find a reference for peep sights for sometime ... with no luck - AOM22
Old 09-05-2007, 12:50 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
USA Peep Sights for TOZ 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangunnut View Post
It's the Williams FPGR and it's made to fit grooved .22rimfire receivers.
It can't be moved back further because of the bolt path but you could get a WGRS-54 from williams or a NECG rimfire peep that does not hang out the side and sits over top of the receiver.
Williams FP SERIES RECEIVER SIGHTS
Model Number: FP-GR, Code Number: 9683

Williams WGRS SERIES RECEIVER SIGHTS
Model Number: WGRS-54, Code Number: 1481

NECG (No longer listed) RIMFIRE RECEIVER SIGHT(available from Brownells)
Stock Number: 661-000-044
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2008, 09:18 PM
hitzy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Better look at the Williams 54 http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=121512
Looks like it needs to be hammer tapped to adjust it, which would be a pain.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Pellethead
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Plastic magazines, yuck

Anyone else besides me wonder about the cheap plastic magazines and am praying to find someone that makes ones that fit in metal?
Old 05-11-2008, 05:08 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
They look and feel like junk but so far work just fine, fact is the little rifle shoots almost unbelievably, who knows??
Old 05-12-2008, 12:56 PM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
They look and feel like junk but so far work just fine, fact is the little rifle shoots almost unbelievably, who knows??
Same impressions here, they feel like Mattel, but have not so far shown any problems either. Accidentally stepped on one - shrugged it off. Not sure a metal magazine could do that - I'm a pretty hefty lad.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:19 PM
ThePenguinKnight

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Pop the bottoms off those mags and you'll see some hefty thick plastic. Yes, it's plastic all the same, but I've used and abused all 6 of my mags between my two rifles and none of them has a single issue whatsoever. The only forseeable issue through normal use I can think of would be the floorplate breaking off, and even that could be remedied with a little creativity; my mags have almost enough space for a 6th/11th bullet, so it'd be nothing to thread in a screw or cotterpin or something without affecting functionality.
Old 06-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Chattcatdaddy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just wondering if the barrel on the 78-01 is tapered? I will recieve mine in a few days and will be able to verify myself, but in the meantime is it tapered? Hard to tell from pictures.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Its tapered.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Ol'Duke
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I took my Toz-78-01 for a test run a couple of days ago and was impressed with the accuracy after getting the scope zeroed. I wasn't pleased with the bolt. It seemed very stiff while the trigger was very good. We were able to put quite a few rounds in a 1" group consistently @ 50yds. My buddy and I enjoyed shooting it and have both decided to get the Toz-99. We'll see how well it does...

Last edited by Ol'Duke; 06-28-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:19 AM
ThePenguinKnight

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Duke View Post
I took my Toz-78-01 for a test run a couple of days ago and was impressed with the accuracy after getting the scope zeroed. I wasn't pleased with the bolt. It seemed very stiff while the trigger was very good. We were able to put quite a few rounds in a 1" group consistently @ 50yds. My buddy and I enjoyed shooting it and have both decided to get the Toz-99. We'll see how well it does...
I actually take it as a good sign your bolt is stiff. Mine started out quite rough indeed, but after the -checks count- 3900 rounds or so, it's now quite smooth . Of course, if you don't shoot quite as often as I have in the past, you can accelerate the results by cycling the bolt at home, and regardless it smooths out in the first few hundred rounds anyway. I wouldn't call mine butter smooth, but it's up there. Enjoy
Old 07-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Chattcatdaddy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It definitely is a tight chamber(which is good). I have about 300 rounds thru mine and the bolt is a little stiff, but is getting better. I`m really looking foward to playing with the trigger. Great little rifles!
Old 07-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Chattcatdaddy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ANyone know how to remove the front sight from a toz-78-01? I don`t think I will ever be using the sights once I get my scope and was just wondering how easy it is to remove.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:35 AM
ThePenguinKnight

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chattcatdaddy View Post
ANyone know how to remove the front sight from a toz-78-01? I don`t think I will ever be using the sights once I get my scope and was just wondering how easy it is to remove.
I believe others have asked this, though not in a while. The process had something to do with heating the barrel/sight to slip it off, and someone just had the barrel cut back (which would afford opportunity to thread it for a suppressor, if that's your fancy). I'd say, unless you're braver than I, take it to your local gunsmitch and see what he says/suggests.