TOZ 78 - Tula, Winchester Wildcat 22 (aka TOZ 78-12), Optical Sights, USA Peep Sights - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:58 PM
ToxicSports

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via AIM to ToxicSports

Zanders has a pic of the new Wildcat Target/Varmint rifle.

http://consumer.gzanders.com/

"Search" for Item # G525101202 <----copy and paste this # it's faster than typing.

We should see them once the SHOT show is over.

TS
Old 11-23-2006, 10:31 PM
joek

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
winchester wildcat

download the wildcat flyer and take a close look at the photos, appears there is no provision in the trigger guard to access trigger adj. screws . Joe
Old 11-23-2006, 11:24 PM
ToxicSports

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just downloaded the Owner's manual and it states:

"Non adjustable two stage trigger."

However, I'm wondering if the target/varmint will have the adjustable trigger?

TS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2006, 05:52 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lawsuit Proof Triggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicSports
I just downloaded the Owner's manual and it states:

"Non adjustable two stage trigger."

However, I'm wondering if the target/varmint will have the adjustable trigger?

TS
Not if the Winchester attorneys have the last say ... heavy and non-adjustable ... keeps a manufacturer out of court.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:42 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wildcat .22 & Winchester Guys

Went to the Winchester Forum ... trying to find more Wildcat .22 information. More information is an understatement. The Winchester Guys are on the ball.

If you're interested in a Wildcat - or, for that matter, a TOZ 78 ... the following threads have some interesting opinions, helpful information and more sub-threads ... to follow:

Has anybody got one of these
Winchester Wildcat rifle ID
Wildcat rifle release date?
Winchester .22 bolt action
Winchester's new 22 bolt gun??
Wildcat reviews?
Winchester Wildcat 22 rimfire
Wildcat 22
Winchester Wildcat?
New Winchester...
New winchester .22
a new rimfire rifle.......
Win Wild cat 22 rifle
Who's making this new rifle??? Wildcat .22

Last edited by aom22; 11-28-2006 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:55 PM
TheJH
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangunnut
I love my toz 78!
Nice light, accurate rifle. The bolt is a little rough but for $125.00cdn shipped and taxed I'm happy
The front sight works perfectly with the williams fpgr peepsight I put on the receiver.
The front sight is solid with a round hood and post that is adjustable.
I have been looking for a rear peepsight for my toz78. Do you have any pics with the williams fpgr peepsight? I see midwayusa has the williams fpgr for $60. Can you tell me more about your setup?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:07 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Model(s) based on TOZ-78

Model based on the TOZ-78

The Winchester Wildcat 22 Bolt Action 22

Quote:
The Wildcat is a live one. It may possibly be the best bolt action 22 value in history.
The Winchester Wildcat 22 is crafted from world-wide sourcing under the top quality specifications
of Winchester
. Look closely and you'll see the kind of features that make a great little gun.
But you won't really appreciate it fully until you take it to the range and experience the kind
of accuracy that establishes the Wildcat as a true over-achiever. With correct loads and a
little skill, you'll cover your groups at 25 yards with a dime, and a quarter will take you out
to 50 yards.

21" Sporter weight barrel.
22 Long Rifle with semi-target chamber for top accuracy.
Polished bore and precision rifling.
Micro adjustable rear sight with fold-down design for full clearance when mounting a scope.
Classic Winchester details like checkered buttplate (with embossed Winchester crest) and
a durable composite pistol grip cap.
Cut checkered hardwood stock with Featherweight styling right down to the Schnabel
fore-end tip.
Three 10-round magazines and one 5-round magazine included - that's correct, four total.
Easily removable, field strippable bolt for easy maintenance.
Forward magazine release so the magazine pops right into your hand for easy retention.
Advanced trigger system offers safety and a lighter trigger pull for accuracy.

Wildcat_Flyer - 150.pdf

CABELAS: Winchester unleashes a Wildcat

Quote:
Winchester unleashes a Wildcat
Winchester boasts that the Wildcat is capable of consistently shooting groups
you can cover with a dime at 25 yards and quarter-sized groups at 50 yards.
I'm a "show me" kind of guy and have to shoot a gun before I buy the propaganda.
In this case the propaganda is true and Winchester has every right to boast.

Author: Dan Carlson

Prophecies of doom and gloom surrounding Winchester as a sporting arms manufacturer
may have been misinterpreted. True, Winchester did announce a few months ago that it
was closing its U.S. Repeating Arms plant in New Haven, Conn., and has done so. While the
closing marked the end of a 140-year production run that included classic American firearms
such as the lever-action Model 94 rifle, the bolt-action Model 70 rifle and the pump-action shotgun
Model 1300, firearms bearing the Winchester name will still be made at factories in Belgium, Portugal
and Japan. Among the guns Winchester is rolling out in a new production line is the bolt-action
Wildcat .22-caliber rifle, and I got a chance to try one out at a Las Vegas area shooting range
during SHOT Show 2006.

The standard Wildcat rifle comes with a 21" sporter-weight barrel that has a polished bore.
The fixed-sight setup includes a microadjustable rear sight that folds down for full clearance
should you decide to mount a scope. The hardwood stock has a checkered buttplate with
the Winchester crest and a generous checkering through the pistol-style grip of the
Featherweight-class stock. The gun's overall length is just over 38" with a length-of-pull at 13.5".
Unscoped, the rifle weighs in at a delightful 4.5 lbs.

My least favorite thing about the Wildcat was the magazine system. The gun comes with
a generous supply of four magazines, three 10-round-capacity clips and one five-rounder.
They drop from the rifle handily, thanks to a forward-mounted magazine release, but I found
them a bit finicky to insert. You have to get the insertion angle just right for the magazine to
slide smoothly up to the receiver and lock into place. It took me several tries to master getting
that down. It wasn't a big deal, but was a minor irritation for someone who is supposed
to be proficient with firearms.

Winchester boasts that the Wildcat is capable of consistently shooting groups you can cover
with a dime at 25 yards and quarter-sized groups at 50 yards. I'm a "show me" kind of guy
and have to shoot a gun before I buy the propaganda. In this case the propaganda is true
and Winchester has every right to boast.

The Wildcat I shot was equipped with a variable-power 32mm Bushnell scope, and bullets
went precisely where I put the crosshairs at ranges from 10 to 30 yards. The gun was a
real tack-driver and had no trouble spinning metal targets out to 50 yards. It's an absolutely
delightful rifle to shoot and ranks right up there with my personal tricked-out
Ruger 10/22 as the most accurate .22-caliber rifle I have ever shot.

Winchester puts the suggested retail price of the Wildcat at $230. Shooters can usually
snag a firearm for less than MSRP, but when word gets out about how fine the Wildcat is,
I expect they won't have trouble getting the asking price. What's more, if Winchester can
continue to find a way to turn out firearms of the quality I saw in the Wildcat, I suspect rumors
of the company's demise as a firearms manufacturer are very premature.

Last edited by aom22; 12-01-2006 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Addditional Info/Image
Old 11-30-2006, 08:48 PM
ToxicSports

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I know that I'm going to get in trouble for this but here's a picture of the new Target Varmint from Zander's website.

TS
Old 12-07-2006, 12:48 PM
Mr_Christopher

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
You can find this scope:

Here --> http://www.kalinkaoptics.com/SearchR...?CategoryID=50
Old 12-07-2006, 02:20 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Optic for TOZ 78-01 Rifle

I'm sure you are correct.
The PU 3.5x22 Military Rifle Scope German Post Reticle with 26.5mm Tube (#GSPU3522)
sold by Kalinka Optics Warehouse is, most likely, mechanically the same rifle scope.

However, one version of the PU 3.5x22 rifle scope by NPZ Optics State Corporation
is specifically listed for use on the TOZ 78-01 rifle.

What's the difference? The TOZ 78 optic is, probably, parallax corrected
for rimfire range application - approximately 60 yards for US made products.

Fixed power centerfire rifle scopes are (at least in the USA) factory parallax corrected at 150 yards.

Quote:
The Leupold Answer Guide - Double Click ANSWER GUIDE then, Search PARALLAX

What is Parallax?
Parallax is essentially an optical illusion. It is the apparent movement
of the target relative to the reticle when you move your eye away from the center point
of the eyepiece. It occurs when the target does not fall on the same optical plane
as the reticle. Maximum parallax occurs when your eye is at the very edge of the exit
pupil. (Even in this unlikely event, our 4x hunting scope focused for 150 yards has a maximum error
of only 8/10ths of an inch at 500 yards.) At short distances, the parallax effect does not
affect accuracy. (Using the same 4x scope at 100 yards, the maximum error is less than
2/10ths of an inch.)
It is also good to remember that, as long you are sighting straight
through the middle of the scope, or close to it, parallax will have virtually no effect on
accuracy in a hunting situation. For more information, please consult our list of "frequently
asked questions" at www.leupold.com/tifaq.

How are the Rimfire scopes different from the other scopes?
The Rimfire Special scopes are adjusted at the shorter parallax free distance of 60 yards
and have the Fine Duplex reticle. The two rimfire models are:
#41129 - M8-4x28mm Compact RF(rimfire) Special, parallax @ 60 yds, Gloss finish w/Fine Duplex
#46340 - Vari-X 2-7x28mm Compact RF(rimfire) Special, parallax @ 60 yds, Gloss finish w/Fine Duplex

Can I Customize My Scope?
Yes, you can customize your Leupold scope. For years now, Leupold customers have
sent their scopes into our factory to have changes made to suit their specific needs. Perhaps it was
to change a reticle to accommodate a change in their shooting style or shorten the parallax distance
so that a scope that had been used on a centerfire rifle could now be mounted on a rimfire rifle.

While we listed the custom options available in the Leupold catalogs, it was still something that most
shooters learned by word of mouth. Now Leupold is proud to announce the Leupold Custom Shop.
With a menu of wide ranging services, the Leupold Custom Shop can change the features of your
Leupold scope to meet your specific shooting requirements.

Parallax Setting on Scopes
What is the parallax setting for various types of Leupold scopes? Our scopes are set to be parallax free
at the following yardages:
Handgun scopes - 100 yards
Shotgun scopes - 75 yards
Rimfire scopes - 60 yards
Hunting scopes - 150 yards

M8 2.5x20mm Compact - 100 yards
Turkey Ranger - 40 yards
For more information, please consult our list of "frequently asked questions" at FAQ.
The potential aiming error is less than, approximately,
13/64 (.203) inches to 3/16 (.189) inches to at 100 yards.
If this margin of error is of no significance in your rimfire shooting...
then, there should be no problem.

As the firing distance is reduced, the aiming error becomes less.
However, it cannot be eliminated if the scope has a fixed objective.

Last edited by aom22; 06-01-2007 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Update Links / Modify Text
Old 12-08-2006, 01:43 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TOZ 78-5 Hvy Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicSports View Post
I know that I'm going to get in trouble for this but here's a picture of the new Target Varmint from Zander's website.

TS

TOZ 78-05 Heavy Barrel First Shipment Ever Imported Into USA

Quote:
Bolt action .22LR, dark wood luxury stock with cheek rest.
Rear paddle sight adjusts for shooting at distances of 25, 50, 75 and 100 meters.
Front hooded sight is adjustable horizontally and vertically,
trigger pull and trigger creep adjustments can also be made.
Free floating 21" heavy barrel.
Each comes with 2 - 5 round and 2 - 10 round magazines.
Rifle receivers are grooved for dove tail scopes.
This is your Russki Wildcat target varmint... with an adjustable trigger.

Last edited by aom22; 03-01-2008 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Edit Text for Clarity
Old 12-08-2006, 02:36 PM
ToxicSports

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Interesting. Thanks for the pic.

I really would like to hear how they shoot.

Winchester is going to try to appeal to the US market with the typical "straight line" stock as shown in the picture I posted.

I really hope that the Winchesters version comes with the adjustable trigger but as was posted before, the Lawyer ran corporations may put a nix on that.

Zanders sent me a reply about the availability of the Wildcat.

Quote:
we don't have any idea when we will see them, they kept promising the Winchester Wildcat 22lr sporter to us by September and we haven't seen those yet, now they are saying Feb/March on those.
TS
Old 12-19-2006, 09:43 AM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Optics for TOZ-78 & TOZ-99

If the images are not visible, REFRESH screen

SSME DEUTSCHE WAFFEN, INC.
SUPPLIERS OF THE FINEST EUROPEAN FIREARMS

Scope & Mount for TOZ 78

4x24 water proof scopes manufactured in Belarus for the TOZ-78-04L comes complete with mount - $120.

Last edited by aom22; 12-19-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:48 AM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
NPZ Optics State Corp.

VISION FROM RUSSIA: TOZ-78-01

Additional Scope and Mounts for TOZ 78
No Knowledge of US source or price

PU 3.5x22 optical sight

Mounts for Los-7, Bars-4, TOZ 78-01 rifles

Tube diameter - 25.4mm. Height - 42mm. Dove tail rail - 102x13x2.6mm. Forward shift - 20mm. Weight - 132g.

Mount for TOZ 78-01 rifle

Tube diameter - 20mm. Height - 48mm. Dove tail rail - 50x13x4mm. Weight - 74g.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:57 AM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
ZOMZ (JSC Zagorsk Optical and Mechanical Plant)

Night Vision for the TOZ-78-1
Hmmmm ... think we'll ever see this TOZ 78 optical accessory?
JSC "ZOMZ" (Zagorsk optical and mechanical plant)
HUNTING NIGHT SIGHT WITHOUT ILLUMINATION PON-5, PON-5-01 - Click Sights

Quote:
The PON-5 and PON-5-01 optical night sights are mounted on a hunting rifle and designed for aimed pointing while shooting
under the conditions of natural night illumination (ENO). They also can be used as night vision devices. The sights are
furnished with the collimator designed for bringing an illumination with changeable brightness sighting reticule into the field
of view, high precision sight angle mechanism and windage one. The sights are put on sale with brackets for mounting on
the rifle of model:
- PON-5-"Saiga", "Vepr";
- PON-5-01-"Los", "Bars","TOZ-78-1".