TOZ 78 - Tula, Winchester Wildcat 22 (aka TOZ 78-12), Optical Sights, USA Peep Sights - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:56 PM
riggins
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)

You will not be sorry with the TOZ-78 or the K-31. I have one of each. I am skeptical about the TOZ-99 though. The only report from an owner that I have read said that his broke in the first 500 rounds and that he could not find replacement parts.

riggins
Old 11-01-2006, 01:29 PM
newfiebullet

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I had a toz-99 and it worked for about the first hour. The sear cracked in 2 after about 150 rounds. Perhaps it was a fluke but I wouldn't recommend one (you could get them for $99 cdn for a while). Folks up here have great luck and accuracy with the toz-78 though (they were selling for $79 cdn).
Old 11-02-2006, 09:01 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just wished Winchester would import the higher grade version of the TOZ 78. Rather than, just the low end model.

http://www.tulatoz.ru/en/toz78suv.html
Quote:
An export version of the model TOZ-78-04 with threading on the muzzle part allows to use an additional device (silencer).
The stock and the fore-end are made of high-quality walnut or beech. The model of souvenir manufacture is decorated with a highly artistic hand engraving, inlay with precious metals, pearl and wood-carving.

Last edited by aom22; 11-02-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006, 09:22 PM
UK007
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
AND SOME EVEN HAVE THE ORIGINAL TROOP I.D. TAG UNDER THE BUTTPLATE. (DON'T KNOW WHAT THE I.D. TAG IS...

Not sure if this is correct, but I heard the Swiss Army doesn't have a large standing Army force. Most of their troops are like National Guard and used to take their arms home with them... could explain the Troop I.D. Tag etc.
Anyone know for sure? Is this just a load of .....
Old 11-02-2006, 09:39 PM
aom22
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Original Troop I.d. Tag Under The Buttplate

Read the website information ... a little more closely ... to get you started.

http://www.classicarms.us/
Quote:
(DON'T KNOW WHAT THE I.D. TAG IS. THIS IS REALLY NEAT GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE FOR THE PHOTO AND THE REST OF THE STORY..)

Quote:
OKAY- HERE IS THE 411 ON THE K-31 I.D. TAGS. A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO , A CUSTOMER CALLED ME UP AND ASKED IF I HAD ANY K-31 RIFLES WITH THE ORIGINAL SOLDIERS I.D. TAGS UNDER THE BUTTPLATE. I THOUGT HE WAS CRAZY , BUT IN AN EFFORT TO HUMOR THE GUY I TOLD HIM I WOULD REMOVE A FEW BUTTPLATES, LOOK, AND GET BACK TO HIM. LOW AND BEHOLD , ON ABOUT THE 4TH OR 5TH ONE I HIT PAYDIRT. THERE UNDER THE BUTTPLATE AND HELD IN PLACE BY ONE OF THE PLATE SCREWS WAS A PLASTIC TAG CONTAINING THE SERIAL # ON ONE SIDE AND THE INFORMATION ON THE ORIGINAL SWISS OWNER ON THE OTHER SIDE. (SEE PHOTO)

Quote:
IF YOU GO TO THE GUN BOARDS, AND SWISS RIFLE FORUMS I AM TOLD THERE IS ACTUALLY A GUY THERE WHO WILL TRANSLATE THE WRITING FOR YOU. I KNOW OF SOME FOLKS WHO HAVE REACHED OUT TO THE ORIGINAL SWISS OWNERS EITHER VIA MAIL OR THE INTERNET AND HAVE RECEIVED REPLIES.
Quote:
THE CUSTOMER WHO NOTIFIED ME OF THE I.D. TAGS CALLED ME AND TOLD ME THANKS FOR THE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. I ASKED HE HE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HIS NAME AND CONTACT INFO LISTED HERE AND HE AGREED. HIS NAME IS DANNY GIBSON. HE APPEARS TO HAVE A TREMENDOUS KNOWLEDGE OF THESE FIREARMS AND A HUNGER TO SHARE IT. YOU MAY CONTACT HIM AT [email protected]. THANKS DAN, YOU ARE A TRUE GENTLEMAN.

Last edited by aom22; 11-02-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:21 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.r. guerra in s. texas View Post
.... This was the standard 'blond' stocked Russian model ....

Some gentleman prefer a Russian beeched blonde
Old 11-03-2006, 02:23 PM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Velly velly funny . . . :^)
Old 11-15-2006, 06:20 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TOZ 78 - Tula, Winchester Wildcat 22 (aka TOZ 78-12), Optical Sights, USA Peep Sights

TOZ (Tulsky Oruzheiny Zavod)

TULA Arms Plant

Small-Bore Hunting Carbines TOZ-78

Quote:
They are intended for professional, amateur hunting and sporting.
These simple and reliable carbines provide easy handling.

Reloading is carried out manually by means of a sliding breech bolt.

The drum rear-sight mechanism is adjusted for shooting at distances of 25, 50, 75 and 100 m.
There is a closed front sight adjustable on vertical and horizontal lines.
It is possible to mount an optical sight.

There are trigger pull and trigger creep adjustments.

The standard set of TOZ-78 includes an optical sight.

Models TOZ-78-05 and TOZ-78-06 have an extra heavy barrel;
they are used only with an optical sight.

An export version of models TOZ-78-04 and TOZ-78-06 is with twists
on the muzzle part, which allow applying extra choke tubes.

SPECIFICATIONS

Model: ТОZ-78 (-01, 02, 04, 05, 06)
Caliber: 5,6 mm (.22LR)
Barrel length: 536mm
Carbine length: 1000mm
Weight kg: 2,7
Magazine cartridge capacity: 5 ... 10

Small-Bore Hunting Carbines TOZ-78-05 and TOZ-78-06

Quote:
JSC "Tulsky oruzheiny zavod" has started the serial production and sale of new
modification of the popular small-bore carbine TOZ-78.

TOZ-78-05 and TOZ-78-06 are distinctive from other representatives of the particular
model range by extra heavy barrel and the absence of the open sight.

The aiming is performed by means of the optical sight, which is mounted on the "dove-tail" type base.

The model TOZ-78-06 has threading on the muzzle part of the barrel making it possible to use additional
muzzle devices.

Thanks to the excellent ballistic qualities of the carbine, achieved by application of the
extra heavy barrel, the carbine can be successfully used both for the amateur and professional
hunting, as well as for sport and high-accuracy shooting.

Small-Bore Hunting Carbines TOZ-78, TOZ-78-01, TOZ-78-04
SOUVENIR

Quote:
It is designed for professional and amateur hunting, shooting drill, as well as for
leisure-time entertainment shooting.

Llight, simple and reliable carbines are with good handiness. 5,6 mm cartridges rimfire type
can be used for shooting.

The carbine is provided with various capacity magazines, this makes handling even easier.
Reloading is carried out manually by means of a sliding-type bolt.

Drum back-sight mechanism is adjusted for shooting distance of 25, 50, and 100 m.
A closed front sight is adjustable. Mounting of an optical sight is possible.

There are trigger adjustments and trigger stop.

An export version of the model TOZ-78-04 with threading on the muzzle part allows to use an additional device (silencer).

The stock and the fore-end are made of high-quality walnut or beech. The model of souvenir
manufacture is decorated with a highly artistic hand engraving, inlay with precious metals,
pearl and wood-carving.

SSME DEUTSCHE WAFFEN, INC: Suppliers of the Finest European Firearms

TOZ 78 BOLT ACTION .22 TARGET RIFLE - Classic Arms Inc.

TOZ Model 78 - ARMUS Inc.

Quote:
The TOZ-78 small-caliber multiloading hunting carbine for .22LR rim-fire cartridge
is intended for hunting small game.

The strengthened locking of the carbine is achieved with
the aid of the handle and an extra lug which enter the respective slots of the receiver.
The design of the bolt and receiver prevents dirt from getting into the inner space of the
receiver. The dismountable bolt is convenient for cleaning and lubrication.

The TOZ-78 carbine is provided with a cocking indicator: when the hammer is cocked the
striker moves back beyond the inclined end face of the cap, when the hammer is released
the striker end face coincides with the inclined end face of the bolt cap.

The trigger mechanism can be adjusted for trigger pull and creep. The adjusting screws
are located in front of the trigger. The front screw adjusts trigger pull, the rear one
trigger creep. The trigger mechanism is provided with a safety to prevent a shot when
the trigger is accidentally squeezed.

The carbine is furnished with an open sight which provides for firing to distances
of 25, 50, 75, 100 m. The carbine is provided with a closed front sight which can be adjusted
in elevation and windage.

Caliber: 22LR
Mag. Cap: 5,10
Barrel Length: 536mm
Overall Length: 1000mm
Avg Wt: 2.7kg
Price: $272

Model based on the TOZ-78

The Winchester Wildcat 22 Bolt Action

Wildcat_Flyer - 150.pdf
Quote:
The Wildcat is a live one. It may possibly be the best bolt action 22 value in history.
The Winchester Wildcat 22 is crafted from world-wide sourcing under the top quality specifications
of Winchester
. Look closely and you'll see the kind of features that make a great little gun.
But you won't really appreciate it fully until you take it to the range and experience the kind
of accuracy that establishes the Wildcat as a true over-achiever. With correct loads and a
little skill, you'll cover your groups at 25 yards with a dime, and a quarter will take you out
to 50 yards.

21" Sporter weight barrel.
22 Long Rifle with semi-target chamber for top accuracy.
Polished bore and precision rifling.
Micro adjustable rear sight with fold-down design for full clearance when mounting a scope.
Classic Winchester details like checkered buttplate (with embossed Winchester crest) and
a durable composite pistol grip cap.
Cut checkered hardwood stock with Featherweight styling right down to the Schnabel
fore-end tip.
Three 10-round magazines and one 5-round magazine included - that's correct, four total.
Easily removable, field strippable bolt for easy maintenance.
Forward magazine release so the magazine pops right into your hand for easy retention.
Advanced trigger system offers safety and a lighter trigger pull for accuracy.

Last edited by aom22; 11-20-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Additional Information/Image
Old 11-15-2006, 06:43 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Scope & Mount for TOZ 78 - BELARUS

If the images are not visible, REFRESH screen

SSME DEUTSCHE WAFFEN, INC.
SUPPLIERS OF THE FINEST EUROPEAN FIREARMS

Scope & Mount for TOZ 78

4x24 water proof scopes manufactured in Belarus for the TOZ-78-04L comes complete with mount - $120.

VISION FROM RUSSIA: TOZ-78-01
Additional Scope and Mounts for TOZ 78
No Knowledge of US source or price

PU 3.5x22 optical sight

Mounts for Los-7, Bars-4, TOZ 78-01 rifles

Tube diameter - 25.4mm. Height - 42mm. Dove tail rail - 102x13x2.6mm. Forward shift - 20mm. Weight - 132g.

Mount for TOZ 78-01 rifle

Tube diameter - 20mm. Height - 48mm. Dove tail rail - 50x13x4mm. Weight - 74g.

Night Vision for the TOZ-78-1
Hmmmm ... think we'll ever see this TOZ 78 optical accessory?
JSC "ZOMZ" (Zagorsk optical and mechanical plant)
HUNTING NIGHT SIGHT WITHOUT ILLUMINATION PON-5, PON-5-01

Quote:
The PON-5 and PON-5-01 optical night sights are mounted on a hunting rifle and designed for aimed pointing while shooting
under the conditions of natural night illumination (ENO). They also can be used as night vision devices. The sights are
furnished with the collimator designed for bringing an illumination with changeable brightness sighting reticule into the field
of view, high precision sight angle mechanism and windage one. The sights are put on sale with brackets for mounting on
the rifle of model:
- PON-5-"Saiga", "Vepr";
- PON-5-01-"Los", "Bars","TOZ-78-1".

Last edited by aom22; 12-12-2006 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Additional Information/Image
Old 11-15-2006, 07:08 PM
manowar669

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Any Idea what size/pitch the threads are on those muzzles?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:09 AM
j.r. guerra in s. texas

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
No, but the theads are rather course. I've seen a few threads which mentioned 28tpi, but I have no idea if it is correct.

Man, I kinda wish my Toz 78 was a .22 Magnum like catalog shows above. I like that cartridge.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:07 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Russian Tula TOZ-78

Shooters Forum > Rimfires > Rimfire Rifles > Information about the TOZ 78 (Russian Carbine)...
Quote:
A Google search got several hits, with only a few in English. This one looks interesting.

http://members.cox.net/cruffler/rimfires/toz.html

Quote:
This Russian made .22 is quite a little gun. The trigger pull (adjustable) is one of the
best triggers I've ever felt, factory or custom. The gun is unique with the location of the safety
(lever on the side of the mag well) and the rear sights which are calibrated for 25m, 50m, 75m
and 100m. The sight resembles a small "paddlewheel" which can be rotated to the proper range
before firing.

Many folks have contacted me about getting a copy of the instruction manual for this gun.
I have put a copy of it on this server. You can download
it here.
(right click and "save as" to copy it to your hard drive for future reference.

It is in .PDF format (~215 kb) so you will need Adobe Acrobat to view the file.

Last edited by aom22; 11-30-2006 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:35 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finnish Website: TOZ 78 Images

From Finnish Website ... couldn't find a translator ... that would work.
Excellent Images:

Finish Website: Asesivut.net Double-Click: Asetestit, Double-Click: TOZ 78

Last edited by aom22; 12-07-2006 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Additional Image
Old 11-18-2006, 07:59 PM
aom22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
More From Finnish Website: TOZ 78

From Finnish Website ... couldn't find a translator ... that would work.
Excellent Images:

Finish Website: Asesivut.net Double-Click: Asetestit, Double-Click: TOZ 78

Last edited by aom22; 12-07-2006 at 07:11 PM. Reason: More Info/Image
Old 11-18-2006, 10:33 PM
KTM520guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I want one of these! It's a good thing I don't have my own FFL or my CC would take a beating.