Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:42 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
7-1/4 contour barrel ??

Wondering if anyone has put the TACSOL or the stock rail for a 5-1/2 or micro Buckmark instead of the full length Contour rail? If I get the Contour, I would keep the Contour rail and put a See All Open sight on a stock or a Tac Sol rail.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:23 PM
rdas
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Why not just attach the See-All to the Contour rail? It looks like it should sit up high enough that the existing sights would not interfere. If you wanted to switch back and forth occasionally, mounting and unmounting the See-All looks pretty straightforward; almost certainly less hassle than switching rails (especially if you have to remove the See-All from the rail to get to the middle screw to remove the rail from the gun).

One thing to keep in mind is that, if you removed the full-length Contour rail, and installed a half-length rail in it's place, the top of the barrel wouldn't look good... it's flat and would have an exposed screw hole.

If you really wanted to switch rails, why not buy a second Contour rail without the front and rear sights to mount the See-All onto?

Dave
Old 10-01-2019, 04:01 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The See All Open sight doesnt just put on and tighten the screw... it slides on, on one end of the rail, then tighten the screws. It will mount on a Tac Sol rail because there is no front sight to block it. It wont mount on a Contour/Field/Target rail unless the front or rear sight is taken off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2019, 01:30 PM
rdas
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I don't own one, but from the photos, it looks like they may have solved that problem with the Gen 2 (or Mk 2) version. It appears that the rail clamp opens up wide with the thumbscrew, presumably allowing you to place it down onto the middle of the rail.

Dave
Old 10-04-2019, 03:47 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just ordered the 7.25 rail, rear sight and the 7.25 Contour Lite barrel.
I have a 2009 Camper URX I'm going to change.