Back from Volquartsen - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:48 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Back from Volquartsen

Just got my Mark IV 22/45 Frankenruger back from Volquartsen. I've now put 1000 rounds through it of various ammo and it now works 100% with any brand I try.

VQ tightened the fit of the top end and added a new Magazine Catch that has made all 17 of my magazines work. It doesn't matter what I feed it, it eats them right up.

I've tried Wolf MT that didn't work before and now have fired over 200 rounds with no problem. Federal Auto Match, Blazer, Eley Practice and Pistol Match, Normal Tac 22 and Federal Premium UV all work well enough to shoot any of them as my match ammo although right now I'm thinking of using CCI Mini Mags for matches.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:39 PM
hooverjc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Volquartsen 6

My grandson ran ours last Sunday at the Steel Challenge at Avery and had only one malfunction. We only had about 200 rds through it prior and have been using CCI SV.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:05 PM
AzShooter
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I saw him shoot. He did very well. Glad you can take your family out and have a good time. Maybe we will shoot together one time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2018, 11:25 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Volquartsen is a ridiculous bunch. My cousin built up a 22/45 MKIII off of a frame he bought with a Pac Lite receiver last month. Complete VQ internals and a VQ bolt. The thing was a light strike machine right off the bat, but somehow it fired well with my MKIV factory bolt in it. Figured out it was some kind of problem with his VQ bolt not going into battery. He messaged VQ, they had him send his TacSol receiver and VQ bolt to them. They replaced the MKIII style bolt with a MKII style, not sure of what else they did, but it came back yesterday and has run like a Singer sewing machine thus far. They fitted my MKIV Ruger frame with my VQ LLV4 barrel and it came back with no failures in over 5000 rds since. Fixed Steve's magazine catch issue. All at no cost to any of us. Their products are not cheap, but you get what you pay for with these guys. Wow.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:02 PM
ChopperDoc
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Agreed. I've had nothing but good service from them over the years.

Vic
Old 07-16-2019, 05:51 AM
Trashyshoots

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Glad your rugers ticking, also really glad to see phoenix bros.

Been thinking about attending the Saturday steel.
Old 10-18-2019, 11:40 PM
Turtle1903

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Volquartsens service is awesome and there products are quality. They make good guns great !