Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:31 AM
triplebike
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
TX22 owners please watch out for this issue!Photo added

My TX22, Purchased in April with 3-4 thousand rds fired (nothing hotter than CCI MINI MAGS). While doing a usual cleaning I noticed that the front of the slide where the recoil assembly is housed was CRACKED! The recoil spring assembly had worn away the right side of the slide which resulted in the slide cracking. You could see where the aluminum inside of the slide was shiny & worn. This happened within 3 months since purchased. I returned it to my LGS where it was purchased middle of June & it's been at Taurus ever since. I checked with Taurus yesterday about repair status and they told me it was still under review (???) and would probably be another 6-8 weeks. I decided to give Taurus the benefit of the doubt and decided not to post since I have not heard of this happening, thinking maybe it was just a flute. That was until I noticed that my G2C purchased a month after the TX22 had developed a Crack in the underside of the slide. These are the only two Taurus I have ever purchased new and needless to say I am very displeased.

Last edited by triplebike; 09-11-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:04 AM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplebike View Post
My TX22, Purchased in April with 3-4 thousand rds fired (nothing hotter than CCI MINI MAGS). While doing a usual cleaning I noticed that the front of the slide where the recoil assembly is housed was CRACKED! The recoil spring assembly had worn away the right side of the slide which resulted in the slide cracking. You could see where the aluminum inside of the slide was shiny & worn. This happened within 3 months since purchased. I returned it to my LGS where it was purchased middle of June & it's been at Taurus ever since. I checked with Taurus yesterday about repair status and they told me it was still under review (???) and would probably be another 6-8 weeks. I decided to give Taurus the benefit of the doubt and decided not to post since I have not heard of this happening, thinking maybe it was just a flute. That was until I noticed that my G2C purchased a month after the TX22 had developed a Crack in the underside of the slide. These are the only two Taurus I have ever purchased new and needless to say I am very displeased.
Hmmm...

I'll have to watch for that - thanks.

Let us know what Taurus says and does for you.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:32 PM
triplebike

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I'm sure TAURUS will replace the gun. There's no way the slide can be repaired. Once it finally does come back my LGS is going to take it in trade. I'm done with Taurus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2019, 07:49 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
That is a bit troubling, and I will certainly watch for it with mine. I've got about 1,000 rounds fired, and the gun is functioning fine. The barrel has the chattering marks, but it does not lead up, and so I just run a couple of patches through after shooting and the accuracy seems to be fine.

Taurus could have such a winner with this pistol if they could get QC right.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:14 AM
triplebike

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Picture of tx22 cracked slide

taurus tx22 crack.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tx22 crack #2.jpg (13.0 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by triplebike; 09-11-2019 at 11:19 AM.