Front and rear rest suggestions - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-06-2020, 07:56 PM
2011ERIC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Front and rear rest suggestions

I current have a Harris Bipod, Caldwell Rock Jr and Caldwell Universal Rear Shooting bag. I like the bipod but Iím shoot sure if itís most suitable option from shooting off of a bench for groups. The Caldwell front rest, to me, is not very sturdy or repeatable. If that makes any sense. I donít shoot bench rest. Nothing against BR. Iíve just never had the opportunity. I like shooting my rimfires mostly. I would like to start shooting the 25 and 50 yard scoped rifle games over in the other RFC threads. What front and rear rests would you guys/gals suggest? Unfortunately, I donít have an unlimited budget. Maybe $250-300 for both. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: after I posted this realized I shouldíve searched other posts and avoided the redundancy. I also realized this might be the wrong place. Iím 46 and think Iím losing it already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk I

Last edited by 2011ERIC; 10-06-2020 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:10 PM
farm boy
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have two different styles of the Caldwell front rests. Either will work, but the bags they came with will not fit the stocks on my rifles. Appropriate sized bags are just as important as the rest itself.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:32 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Read, reread and then read again the instructions for your Caldwell rock Jr. It should be fine for what you are wanting to do. You need to understand how to adjust the rest. And your rear bag will be ok also. Do not go out buying stuff that you don't need. It's the same with any equipment..... learn how to use it properly. JMT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2020, 08:06 PM
2011ERIC

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk