Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-14-2019, 07:50 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
American Rifleman review of T/C R22

The American Rifleman July issue includes a review of the T/C R22. Nothing in it regarding the gun itself that has not already been covered in this forum and other Internet reviews. However, what I did find of interest was their shooting results.

In a break from most other rifle ammo tests that I recall reading about in AR, they used five 10-shot groups at 50 yards, with three types of ammo. The results are:

CCI SV - 0.86" average: smallest 0.79", largest 1.05"
Blazer - 0.96" average; smallest 0.80", largest 1.33"
Norma Match - 0.98" average: smallest 0.68", largest 1.30" (this is "Match" ammo? Almost double the group size from best to worst?)

Type & power of scope used, if any, not specified.

These results are actually better than I've achieved so far with a small number of groups through my R22. To date, it shoots CCI SV to 1.2" and Norma Tac 22 to an astounding 1.5". Nothing to write home about, and I am confident it will improve once I figure out a better shooting technique for this particular rifle. It is so light that my normal front & rear bags don't really keep it stable, and that cutout in the bottom of the rear stock doesn't help either. I will get that sorted.

I like many of the features on the R22, but frankly I expected better straight out of the box.

Last edited by cabin22; 08-14-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:38 AM
Nerostarr
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
My R22 has been a fairly accurate rifle right from the start, but I've never really put it on paper and measured group size. I always do distance shooting out to 150 yards at 3" objects and the R22 has never failed to make direct hits. At that distance with a 22 rifle accuracy can get sketchy and the only other rifle that works well at this type of shooting is my Marlin 60. So for me that's how I determine how accurate a rifle is, and the R22 is one of the best I have at this. I found it likes blazer ammo and I've never had and cycling issues. I just use a front bag off a bench and a Nikon 4-12x40 scope.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:36 AM
WPWarhawk
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to WPWarhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerostarr View Post
My R22 has been a fairly accurate rifle right from the start, but I've never really put it on paper and measured group size. I always do distance shooting out to 150 yards at 3" objects and the R22 has never failed to make direct hits. At that distance with a 22 rifle accuracy can get sketchy and the only other rifle that works well at this type of shooting is my Marlin 60. So for me that's how I determine how accurate a rifle is, and the R22 is one of the best I have at this. I found it likes blazer ammo and I've never had and cycling issues. I just use a front bag off a bench and a Nikon 4-12x40 scope.
I have two of the TCR22's, both are good shooters, not as good as a heavy barrel 10/22 but I didn't expect that. CCI Blazer is my go to ammo for the TCRs. It shoots every time, reasonably accurate, and cheap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 01:14 PM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I don't put much stock in the group results they get from any firearm in American Rifleman. Unless they have the guns clamped in a machine rest (which IMO isn't a true test of accuracy) then they must be some of the best shooters in the world. I remember the issue years back when the 10/22 TD first came out they were getting 1" and under 10 shot 50 yard groups with every bottom of the barrel brand of ammo they tried.....