Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-19-2019, 11:23 PM
Arlon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kleinguenther/Voere K-22/201

Just looking for more info on one of these. I've found a little from google searches but not much. I recently got one at a small gun store in the Texas Hill Country. I thought it was pretty nice and had double set trigger I found interesting. I guess many of these were made to order so there doesn't seem to be any standard.

One I got looks like it has a stained birch stock with a very dark wood tip. Wood looks pretty plain, has a matt/flat finish on the stock and metal parts. Not in perfect condition but not abused either. Came with a 10 round magazine and scope rings for the grooved receiver but no scope. It was relatively cheap with set trigger and a Texas connection so I had to bring it home.

I posted on "other rimfires" and it was suggested I repost here.

Just looking for more general info/history. Any way to tell when it was made from SN? Anything to be careful with? I just plan to use it as a plinker and casual paper puncher. It does need a general cleaning. It looks to have sat in a closet for a long time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xIMG_8687.jpg (47.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg x209_4539.jpg (101.0 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by Arlon; 07-21-2019 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:32 PM
aqbill

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Dear Arion,
Although I don't have a Kleinguenther, I do have several very nice Voere 2107s and although they are plain and light, they are very good shooters and a great value for little cost. The Kleinguenther's are supposed to be even nicer, especially with that double set trigger. If you got it cheap, then you stole it!!! Good luck and let us know how it shoots.

AQBill
Old 07-22-2019, 05:43 PM
Arlon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Does anyone know what kind of scope rings might have been supplied with this rifle? Did Kleinguenther make their own rings? Anyone have a picture of one if they did? I am assuming these are not the original rings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2019, 07:36 PM
grg
US Army Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I had a Kleinguenther/Voere in 308 I bought while in Germany, looked just like the back of yours. They did not come with mounts or rings to my knowledge. These were beautiful rifles, please show a whole gun picture.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:56 PM
Arlon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally got a few minutes to take some better pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg x209_4545.jpg (94.9 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg x209_4548.jpg (122.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg x209_4552.jpg (81.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg x209_4550.jpg (130.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 07-24-2019, 03:11 AM
HUSHKABOOM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
The deluxe versions like this should have a walnut stock? Plain version is Beech or Birch?
Old 07-24-2019, 03:30 AM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (43)
Kleinguenther may still be in business. Called KDF now? Maybe you can contact them to get a date for your rifle. Also maybe google search will tell you when Voere was taken over by Mauser or when Mauser took over production and your rifle became the Mauser 201? I read that Klienguenther started importing Voere in 1972 and that Mauser took over Voere in 1990.
https://www.kdfguns.com/
Old 07-31-2019, 11:16 AM
hasbeen1945
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSHKABOOM View Post
The deluxe versions like this should have a walnut stock? Plain version is Beech or Birch?
Hard to tell what wood that is. Standard version usually has a birch stock. Also has fixed swivels. Also no fore end cap.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:18 PM
Lyndon Holcomb

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Kleinguenther/Voere K-22/201

Arlon: If you have not contacted Phil Koehne at KDF you might consider doing that. Although I am not sure of it, I think that Phil owned the Kleinguenther company and Mr. Kleinguenther worked on the guns. When I asked Phil if he knew if Kleinguenther pillar bedded the K-22 rifles, he said he did not know. Kleinguenther (who used to work for Weatherby) died several years ago. The only way to see if your K-22 was pillar bedded would be to remove the barreled action and look at the stock. Kleinguenther was not a fan of free floating barrels, so if your rifle will not shoot tiny groups you might want to free float it.
Did you get my PM? My offer still stands.
Regards,
Old 08-08-2019, 10:12 PM
Arlon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It is pillar bedded and other than one tiny spot the barrel floats free with a "dollar bill" test. There is a tiny tight spot but I doubt it's an intentional pressure point.

Anyone have any ammo recommendations for the K-22? I did get to shoot it today and it shot pretty well. I have an old Leupold 6x on it that I assume is parallax adjusted for 100 yds. Groups with old walmart aguila were pretty good at 25 yds. It was great on the 150 meter turkey silhouette. A different scope with AO might help if I was just shooting strictly for group.

I had some minor ejection issues until I started stopping the bolt at the ejector and then giving it a quick but gentle pull that plopped the cases out on every shot. I think there is a sweet spot in there that will let it eject more reliably, I just need to find the right stroke. Finicky ejection would be my only complaint and that turned into pretty much a nonevent after I played with it a bit. My son shot a box and he never had a FTE.

It will fit in nicely with a few other .22 sporters I have.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:07 AM
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
German and Austrian firearms manufacurers used either walnut or beech for stocks and both are very common European trees. Birch would have been an uncommon choice. By the way, the rifle in the photo has a walnut stock.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:51 PM
Arlon

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
German and Austrian firearms manufacurers used either walnut or beech for stocks and both are very common European trees. Birch would have been an uncommon choice. By the way, the rifle in the photo has a walnut stock.
Assuming this K-22 is Walnut, it just very light colored walnut. I agree walnut because of the other features. I guess this is a delux version since it has the rubber butt pad, double triggers, fore end piece (rose wood maybe?), etc. I doubt they would use anything else on a delux model.

Lots of arctic birch used for rifle stocks in Europe. I have a safe full of them.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:49 AM
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
Assuming this K-22 is Walnut, it just very light colored walnut. I agree walnut because of the other features. I guess this is a delux version since it has the rubber butt pad, double triggers, fore end piece (rose wood maybe?), etc. I doubt they would use anything else on a delux model.

Lots of arctic birch used for rifle stocks in Europe. I have a safe full of them.

I am not making an assumption but state a fact based on my experience with walnut and beech stocks on German rifles and after all, Voere started production in Voerenbach. The grain pattern and colour of beech is very different from walnut.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:20 AM
lrn

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlon View Post
Does anyone know what kind of scope rings might have been supplied with this rifle? Did Kleinguenther make their own rings? Anyone have a picture of one if they did? I am assuming these are not the original rings.
As far as I know, small manufacturers of guns like yours usually did not make their own rings, as these rifles share the 11mm "accessory rail" very common to european
(or at least german) air and small bore rifles.

Low and midgrade optics (the Mars brand was once common) often came with their own, very simple mountings, consisting of just two clamps made out of an accordingly bent strip of metal each, straightened by a slotted screw.

HTH,

Hans
Old 08-10-2019, 07:38 AM
Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (24)
Hans,

Back in the days of mail order catalogues, Mars was the branding of either Quelle or Neckermann.