Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:17 PM
vinceg
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Savage MK II trigger???

Hello too all:

I have been seriously considering a 22LR albiet not the Savage MK II but a competitor. I now think I owe it to myself to check out the MK II thumb hole/ SS model in 22LR. Now in reference to the triggers, which are adjustable, there is available a kit as I'm sure everyone is aware that makes a decent trigger even better. It is the Apachee trigger kit & quite a bit has been posted about it as being an excellent upgrade. The only gray area, to me, is where to get it from. Seems to be available through "eBay" for $75. +/-. seems a high price for a spring, ball bearing, 2 pins & what appears to be a slave pin. Perhaps I'm wrong & I won't be offended if someone tells me I am. There is an email address for the man who developed the kit & I thought they were sold by him. Am I right or wrong? There again I thought I had read some to say they emailed him & there was no response. Right or wrong again? Any help w/ this post would be most appreciated.

Regards, Vince
Old 05-22-2019, 09:23 PM
rdssert
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
An Apachee Trigger kit can be purchased directly by emailing [email protected]. The Apachee e-mail account is checked several times a day, everyday, and we have 1200 satisfied customers. We will reply and send you an attachment that will guide you in deciding if you have and E or Pre-E receiver (the kits are not interchangeable) and payment options. Buying direct is a considerable savings over purchasing through Ebay and we provide postage to the lower 48 states.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:30 AM
Gomizzou

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceg View Post
Hello too all:

seems a high price for a spring, ball bearing, 2 pins & what appears to be a slave pin. Perhaps I'm wrong & I won't be offended if someone tells me I am.
This has been said by a few, but what I got for the money is one of the best triggers I have on any of my rifles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2019, 12:46 PM
vinceg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Savage MK II trigger???

Many thanks for the replies especially Dale's (a.k.a.rdssert).

Vince
Old 05-25-2019, 09:21 AM
highpointrich

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinceg View Post
Hello too all:

I have been seriously considering a 22LR albiet not the Savage MK II but a competitor. I now think I owe it to myself to check out the MK II thumb hole/ SS model in 22LR. Now in reference to the triggers, which are adjustable, there is available a kit as I'm sure everyone is aware that makes a decent trigger even better. It is the Apachee trigger kit & quite a bit has been posted about it as being an excellent upgrade. The only gray area, to me, is where to get it from. Seems to be available through "eBay" for $75. +/-. seems a high price for a spring, ball bearing, 2 pins & what appears to be a slave pin. Perhaps I'm wrong & I won't be offended if someone tells me I am. There is an email address for the man who developed the kit & I thought they were sold by him. Am I right or wrong? There again I thought I had read some to say they emailed him & there was no response. Right or wrong again? Any help w/ this post would be most appreciated.

Regards, Vince
Vinceg,.... don't hesitate to do it..I just installed the Apachee trigger kit on my left hand BTVLSS and it now is down to 1.5 lb pull. I'm mostly concerned about the safety factory keeping the Accu trigger..... works great.
Now it is like a typical 2 stage trigger and safe!
I'm not a gunsmith so after 2 tries and about 1/2 hour I had it done.
Good Luck
Rich
Old 05-25-2019, 10:20 AM
swish

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trigger

Hey Dale,
Are you able to ship your kits across the border, to Canada?
Thanks,
Dave
Old 05-25-2019, 11:18 AM
rdssert
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Dave, please email us at [email protected] and we can provide you the information you are seeking.
Old 05-25-2019, 08:57 PM
Creed Bennett

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hey vinceg, Iím one of those 1200 satisfied customers Dale spoke of however I consider myself way more than just satisfied! If you look at it from the pins,bb and springs it seems costly but if you look at what a trigger job would cost and the fact that Dale had to have all those pieces made to his specs then itís a real bargain!! I have the MkII FVSR in 22lr with Daleís kit and itís my most accurate bolt rifle and considering how many bolt rifles I have, thatís saying something! Buy with confidence!!
Old 05-25-2019, 08:59 PM
Creed Bennett

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hey Dale, do the Savage trigger kits work on the B series rifles as well?
Old 05-25-2019, 09:20 PM
doublechaz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I did my trigger long before the Apache kit existed. I have almost twice the price of the rifle in the trigger. The Apache kit is a great deal.
Old 05-26-2019, 12:32 PM
rdssert
RFC Sponsor

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yes, we have an Apachee Trigger kit for the Savage B series.
Old 05-26-2019, 10:46 PM
swish

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Trigger

Ok,
Thanks
Iíll email tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2019, 11:55 AM
dogtrialerguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
How low can you get the trigger down to with this kit ?
Old 10-09-2019, 06:35 PM
tortoise1956
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just received and installed my kit today...

After futzing with it for a while, the trigger pull is running right at 12 oz. I might be able to bring it down a little more, but I'm afraid that if I do, the sear will start dropping pretty regularly. Still a helluva lot better than the 1.75 - 2# it was originally set at, which was the lightest it would go.

The kit itself took about 30 minutes to put in. Not very hard to follow the instructions, I just had to think about each step for a minute or two. The photos made it pretty darn easy.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:16 AM
dogtrialerguy

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thank you !