Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-17-2019, 02:51 AM
Dvsride

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CMP Sporter Scope Zero

So I’m getting my rifle ready for a CMP sport matching coming up pretty soon. I’m going to be shooting a ar15-22 with a Vortex 2-7x rimfire scope ( appreciates all your guys response and opinions but my buddy actually gifted this to me so I’m gonna run this for now).

My question regards zero; do you guys have different zeros for 25 and 50 yards? I’ll be shooting CCI SV. I know on the sighting stage, you get 5 mins to zero your rifle at 50 yards. Unfortunately I probably won’t have enough time to hit the range to confirm zeros. Thanks for the help and any advice given.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:05 AM
Eagle0199
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My grandson shoots CMP Sporter every weekend with CCI SV. CMP Sporter is 10 shots at 50 prone, 10 shots at 50 sitting, then the final 10 shots at 25 standing offhand. Our thought process for his zero was to zero at 50 yards because that is the distance for 2/3 of the match shots. Then 25 yards is "close enough" and probably not a significant change because we can't tell a difference due to his wobble area while standing. Of greater importance is the parallax adjustment. This makes a big difference if not corrected from 50 to 25 and then back to 50 for the next match start.

Other shooters have scopes with rimfire reticles that allow a zero at 25 yards then to hold on a lower reticle line for 50 yards. Whatever works for you.

Last edited by Eagle0199; 11-17-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:05 PM
Pat McCoy
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Sight it in for 50 yards, then crank it down 1 moa (usually 16 clicks at 25 yds, BUT know your own scope) for 25 yards.

Last edited by Pat McCoy; 11-17-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2019, 02:57 AM
Dahsira

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
With CCI SV the bullet will generally be climbing to around the 30-40 yard Mark before starting to fall. What this means is your point of impact at 25 yards will be very very close to your point of impact at 50 yards.

Sight in at 50 yards. I'm assuming that with shooting sitting and prone the moa size of the targets will smaller than the moa size of the targets done standing at 25 yards.

While standing at 25 yards, there will not be much of a difference in your point of impact. With my setup.... My ballistics calculator tells me 0.3 MRAD difference or about 1 MOA. This is 1/4" at 25 yards. Not enough to even think about really.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:03 AM
PAndy

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
My scope is pretty cheap, so I don't trust the adjustment knobs. I sight in at 50 yards, holding the top of the x-ring. Then at 25 yards I just shoot 'em. The ten ring is pretty big at 25. I do adjust parallax.
Old 11-21-2019, 07:25 AM
navybowhunter
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvsride View Post
So Iím getting my rifle ready for a CMP sport matching coming up pretty soon. Iím going to be shooting a ar15-22 with a Vortex 2-7x rimfire scope ( appreciates all your guys response and opinions but my buddy actually gifted this to me so Iím gonna run this for now).

My question regards zero; do you guys have different zeros for 25 and 50 yards? Iíll be shooting CCI SV. I know on the sighting stage, you get 5 mins to zero your rifle at 50 yards. Unfortunately I probably wonít have enough time to hit the range to confirm zeros. Thanks for the help and any advice given.
I use a 50 yard zero. I refine at the match.

Typically I come down 1/2 MOA for standing at 25 yards. But....I can't hold that well...most cannot. I'd bet leaving it at 50 will yield the same score.

R/
Chris

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk