Need some .17WSM ammo? - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-28-2019, 03:07 PM
Njanear
National Guard NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Need some .17WSM ammo?

Check out www.swfa.com. They have 4 types on sale for ~$8.50 a box. $9.99 shipping so make it worth your while.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:47 PM
wonderdog1
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njanear View Post
Check out www.swfa.com. They have 4 types on sale for ~$8.50 a box. $9.99 shipping so make it worth your while.
Thanks for the tip! Ordered 50, Great price and cheap shipping.

Wonderdog1
Old 07-28-2019, 06:22 PM
ricky9x22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njanear View Post
Thank you Sir, just ordered 1000 17 WSM for an amazing price of 177.00 shipped!
thanks again for the heads up! also picked up some 17 HMR for a good price...
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2019, 11:42 PM
hometheaterman

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
I'd been watching this for a few days. I noticed the stock wasn't changing much. When I finally decided to order tonight, I noticed the stock on the AE went from quite a bit to 3 boxes left. I wondered who bought it all. Glad you guys were all able to get some. It's the 2nd cheapest price I've seen on this stuff.

I ended up picking up some Hornady 17wsm instead. Hopefully it shoots well.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:52 AM
wonderdog1
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheaterman View Post
I'd been watching this for a few days. I noticed the stock wasn't changing much. When I finally decided to order tonight, I noticed the stock on the AE went from quite a bit to 3 boxes left. I wondered who bought it all. Glad you guys were all able to get some. It's the 2nd cheapest price I've seen on this stuff.

Sorry, that would have been me. l hope the Hornady works for you, l have never shot any of it. I know itís all made at the same place, but still.

Wonderdog1
Old 07-29-2019, 01:22 PM
ricky9x22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheaterman View Post

I only bought 2 cases of it! one case of AE and a case of Hornady.... I have 2 B-Mags, both in Boyds stocks, one is SS bull barrel that loves the AE and another Blue fluted bull barrel that perfers the Hornady! Go figure! I even try to trick them every now and then and change up the ammo and it looks like it was shot from a shotgun! I will never understand why barrels like one brank form the other, even knowing thats it is built in the same plant!
Rick
Old 07-30-2019, 12:26 PM
wonderdog1
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Ricky9x22,

I have a question on the two different ammos. I have heard Winchester manufactures all the 17 wsm. ammo. They just change the head stamp on the brass and the packaging. Do you think the difference in the 17 wsm Hornady and the American Eagle that you have shot could just be like different lot numbers? I have heard others say there can be a big difference between different lot numbers of the same rimfire ammo. Or have you shot one of these brands from different lots?

Just curious

Wonderdog1
Old 07-30-2019, 03:22 PM
ricky9x22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderdog1 View Post
Ricky9x22,

I have a question on the two different ammos. I have heard Winchester manufactures all the 17 wsm. ammo. They just change the head stamp on the brass and the packaging. Do you think the difference in the 17 wsm Hornady and the American Eagle that you have shot could just be like different lot numbers? I have heard others say there can be a big difference between different lot numbers of the same rimfire ammo. Or have you shot one of these brands from different lots?

Just curious

Wonderdog1
I always think that too! But I have several lot numbers of each and different machine numbers... and also, it could be just a silly mind game going on!
But then, there might be just a very small thing they do different, like bullet, I just don't know for sure!
that is why I hate to order a case at a time, just in case it doesn't shoot well in either rifle....

Rick
Old 07-30-2019, 06:40 PM
wonderdog1
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Thanks Rick,

Yeah, you might be on to something there. I just got started shooting the 17 wsm. I have shot some Win. and also some American Eagle. I ran it through a Volquartsen and l really couldnít tell much difference in the two on accuracy. We were shooting ground squirrels not paper. I was having problems with Win. extracting the spent brass, then went to the American Eagle and the problem went away. So l donít really know what to think.

Thanks for sharing your experiences

Wonderdog1
Old 09-02-2019, 09:45 PM
SlyOneMrGrinch
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Through both me and my buddy's guns (both Ruger 77/17WSM, mine stock, his a Clark Custom), AE shoots about 20-30 fps faster, Hornady is a little more accurate. This is with different lots of ammo - I shoot the Hornady.