New Taurus .22 semi auto pistol - Page 6 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 04-16-2019, 10:11 PM
mykdee
US Marines

Join Date: 
Feb 2012
Posts: 
361
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)


Log in to see fewer ads
I ordered one today, $290 OTD! Can't wait to take it out this weekend!!

I am a little confused, it seems some on here state or believe that there is a 1 year warranty on the TX22? I spoke with Taurus this morning and they confirmed that it has a limited lifetime warranty.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-17-2019, 12:24 AM
gr8guns's Avatar
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2002
Posts: 
2,243
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
It is up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdee View Post
I ordered one today, $290 OTD! Can't wait to take it out this weekend!!

I am a little confused, it seems some on here state or believe that there is a 1 year warranty on the TX22? I spoke with Taurus this morning and they confirmed that it has a limited lifetime warranty.

Save your receipt and register your purchase in a limited time, you get lifetime.

One year if you don't register your purchase with Taurus. SAVE YOUR RECEIPT !

One year on cosmetic. You can read about Taurus customer service on the net.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-17-2019, 01:22 AM
mykdee
US Marines

Join Date: 
Feb 2012
Posts: 
361
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post

One year on cosmetic. You can read about Taurus customer service on the net.
\

Once again, plenty of people...even in this forum post about less than 10 day returns on repairs. Than plenty of people that do not even own a Taurus report about bad returns and repairs. So who should you believe....every gun maker has bad and good reviews!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #79  
Old 05-23-2019, 06:41 PM
Terry G
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2004
Location: 
Wisconsin
Posts: 
35
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Past the 1,000 Mark

No malfunctions of any type. What's unbelievable to me is no misfires either. I always get a round or two that takes a second hit using .22's. I have been shooting 40 Grain Mini-Mags, 36 Grain Mini-Mag HP's, Golden Bullet, and Blazer. Like I think I said before there's no way this gun is going to go head to head with my Ruger MKII accuracy wise, but for a plinker it's got everything you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TX22 (2).jpg (390.8 KB, 2 views)
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 05-24-2019, 09:07 AM
jkv45
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2018
Location: 
WI
Posts: 
114
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
No malfunctions of any type. What's unbelievable to me is no misfires either. I always get a round or two that takes a second hit using .22's. I have been shooting 40 Grain Mini-Mags, 36 Grain Mini-Mag HP's, Golden Bullet, and Blazer. Like I think I said before there's no way this gun is going to go head to head with my Ruger MKII accuracy wise, but for a plinker it's got everything you want.
Have you tried any standard velocity rounds?

My TX will function with almost anything, but I feel HV rounds may be hard on the mechanics of the gun so I use SV ammo. CCI Standard works great, and is generally more accurate and less expensive than Mini-Mags.

Some .22 pistols need HV ammo to function consistently, but from what I've seen the TX doesn't.

BTW, I see you are from WI. I'm in the Madison area, where are you located?


Jay
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 05-26-2019, 05:01 PM
Dan51
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
May 2014
Location: 
Geo Center of TN
Posts: 
19
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I ordered a TX from PSA, $279.99 w/ free shipping.
I see that LakeLine LLC has mag loaders and metal fiber optic sights for the TX.
I ordered a mag loader and will order a set of sights when their stock is replenished late next week.

From all the reviews I've see, I'm anxious to get the TX in hand.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 05-26-2019, 09:14 PM
Ferox34
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
May 2016
Location: 
Whistleville, Georgia
Posts: 
1,122
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Looks like a....

.Kel-Tec for sure. But its a Taurus with crappy customer service and a one year warranty. I'll pass.

I sent a 22 revolver to Taurus for repair, paid about $30 bench fee for them to look at it. I don't think they did anything except take it out of my box and put it in the return box, 6 weeks later, of course. Then took it to a local gunsmith who said a prior owner had gone Kung Fu Dremel on the internals, and he couldn't fix it. But Taurus could have put in new parts. I contacted them and they said mail it back, at my expense, pay a SECOND bench fee, and they would take a second look see. No thanks, no more Taurus' for me.

Rotten customer NO service.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 05-26-2019, 09:30 PM
Terry G
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2004
Location: 
Wisconsin
Posts: 
35
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox34 View Post
.Kel-Tec for sure. But its a Taurus with crappy customer service and a one year warranty. I'll pass.

I sent a 22 revolver to Taurus for repair, paid about $30 bench fee for them to look at it. I don't think they did anything except take it out of my box and put it in the return box, 6 weeks later, of course. Then took it to a local gunsmith who said a prior owner had gone Kung Fu Dremel on the internals, and he couldn't fix it. But Taurus could have put in new parts. I contacted them and they said mail it back, at my expense, pay a SECOND bench fee, and they would take a second look see. No thanks, no more Taurus' for me.

Rotten customer NO service.
And I received exactly the opposite service from Taurus. Pre-paid return Fed Ex label. Returned in Ten days with the magazine problem fixed. 1,000 rounds later no malfunctions of any kind. What revolver did you have problem's with?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 05-26-2019, 09:36 PM
Terry G
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2004
Location: 
Wisconsin
Posts: 
35
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Have you tried any standard velocity rounds?

My TX will function with almost anything, but I feel HV rounds may be hard on the mechanics of the gun so I use SV ammo. CCI Standard works great, and is generally more accurate and less expensive than Mini-Mags.

Some .22 pistols need HV ammo to function consistently, but from what I've seen the TX doesn't.

BTW, I see you are from WI. I'm in the Madison area, where are you located?


Jay
Good suggestion. I have two BERSA semi-autos than work perfectly with HV ammunition, but won't work with standard velocity. Same with Ruger SR22 and Advantage Arms Glock 21 .22 adapter so I've stocked a lot of HV stuff to work in everything. Taurus say's HV is fine for the TX22, no worries about excessive wear. Thanks for your advice though. I have some Winchester Standard Velocity that I'll try. I'm northern Wisconsin.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 05-26-2019, 09:39 PM
jkv45
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2018
Location: 
WI
Posts: 
114
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
Good suggestion. I have two BERSA semi-autos than work perfectly with HV ammunition, but won't work with standard velocity. Same with Ruger SR22 and Advantage Arms Glock 21 .22 adapter so I've stocked a lot of HV stuff to work in everything. Taurus say's HV is fine for the TX22, no worries about excessive wear. Thanks for your advice though. I have some Winchester Standard Velocity that I'll try. I'm northern Wisconsin.
I was going to check on that.

Did I miss it in the manual?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 05-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Terry G
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2004
Location: 
Wisconsin
Posts: 
35
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
I was going to check on that.

Did I miss it in the manual?

Thanks.
No, you didn't miss it. I talked to the Taurus technician who I was explaining the magazine problem to. He said the question had been asked a lot and that the pistol was designed to shoot any factory manufactured .22's.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 05-27-2019, 02:44 PM
jkv45
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2018
Location: 
WI
Posts: 
114
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
No, you didn't miss it. I talked to the Taurus technician who I was explaining the magazine problem to. He said the question had been asked a lot and that the pistol was designed to shoot any factory manufactured .22's.
Ahh...OK. I didn't recall seeing anything that specific in the manual.

I guess it's technically fine then, I just see any additional force over what's required to consistently function the slide as causing additional wear somewhere.

Mine likes CCI SV just fine. Some versions of Eley caused it not to function consistently but other than that it doesn't have any issues with regular SV ammo.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 05-27-2019, 11:15 PM
gr8guns's Avatar
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2002
Posts: 
2,243
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
TH9C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdee View Post
\

Once again, plenty of people...even in this forum post about less than 10 day returns on repairs. Than plenty of people that do not even own a Taurus report about bad returns and repairs. So who should you believe....every gun maker has bad and good reviews!
I sent a TH9 back for a bad barrel, after a three week turnaround it came back scratched thru the finish on the slide , a couple of very large scratches. I’m not bashing, simply stating facts. It has been back a second time for ten weeks.

I am still waiting. Your mileage may vary with customer service. I want to buy one of the new TX.22 pistols, but I am waiting.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 05-28-2019, 12:25 AM
Terry G
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2004
Location: 
Wisconsin
Posts: 
35
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Series 70 Colt was failing to eject about every 30 shots or so. I sent it back to Colt. It was returned after paying $38.00 with the work report of "No problems found." The pistol was still doing the FTE to the point I stopped carrying it. A gunsmith I brought it to said the ejector was worn just enough to fail occasionally. He replaced it and I still have it and shoot it with no problems. Yeah, even the big boy's screw up.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 05-28-2019, 09:17 AM
gr8guns's Avatar
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Oct 2002
Posts: 
2,243
TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Double Down on that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
My Series 70 Colt was failing to eject about every 30 shots or so. I sent it back to Colt. It was returned after paying $38.00 with the work report of "No problems found." The pistol was still doing the FTE to the point I stopped carrying it. A gunsmith I brought it to said the ejector was worn just enough to fail occasionally. He replaced it and I still have it and shoot it with no problems. Yeah, even the big boy's screw up.
Thats a fact, the others screw up too! i have three Smith and Wesson models 41

pistols that have been back at least twice per gun to get them to run. Sometimes

problems can be hard to replicate. Then , on the other hand, there are gun

assemblers and there are gun smiths. A good gun smith is much more than a

parts assembler. I am sure all gun makers have problems from time to time.

I had two Ruger American Rimfire rifles with very bad bluing that took a couple

of tries to get resolved. They were international models bought from a clearance

seller. The important part is not getting back worse than you send in, and not getting

cosmetic damage from simple repairs.

Last edited by gr8guns; 05-28-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x