Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-16-2019, 10:11 PM
mykdee
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

I ordered one today, $290 OTD! Can't wait to take it out this weekend!!

I am a little confused, it seems some on here state or believe that there is a 1 year warranty on the TX22? I spoke with Taurus this morning and they confirmed that it has a limited lifetime warranty.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:24 AM
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
It is up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdee View Post
I ordered one today, $290 OTD! Can't wait to take it out this weekend!!

I am a little confused, it seems some on here state or believe that there is a 1 year warranty on the TX22? I spoke with Taurus this morning and they confirmed that it has a limited lifetime warranty.

Save your receipt and register your purchase in a limited time, you get lifetime.

One year if you don't register your purchase with Taurus. SAVE YOUR RECEIPT !

One year on cosmetic. You can read about Taurus customer service on the net.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:22 AM
mykdee
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post

One year on cosmetic. You can read about Taurus customer service on the net.
\

Once again, plenty of people...even in this forum post about less than 10 day returns on repairs. Than plenty of people that do not even own a Taurus report about bad returns and repairs. So who should you believe....every gun maker has bad and good reviews!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2019, 06:41 PM
Terry G
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Past the 1,000 Mark

No malfunctions of any type. What's unbelievable to me is no misfires either. I always get a round or two that takes a second hit using .22's. I have been shooting 40 Grain Mini-Mags, 36 Grain Mini-Mag HP's, Golden Bullet, and Blazer. Like I think I said before there's no way this gun is going to go head to head with my Ruger MKII accuracy wise, but for a plinker it's got everything you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TX22 (2).jpg (390.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 05-24-2019, 09:07 AM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
No malfunctions of any type. What's unbelievable to me is no misfires either. I always get a round or two that takes a second hit using .22's. I have been shooting 40 Grain Mini-Mags, 36 Grain Mini-Mag HP's, Golden Bullet, and Blazer. Like I think I said before there's no way this gun is going to go head to head with my Ruger MKII accuracy wise, but for a plinker it's got everything you want.
Have you tried any standard velocity rounds?

My TX will function with almost anything, but I feel HV rounds may be hard on the mechanics of the gun so I use SV ammo. CCI Standard works great, and is generally more accurate and less expensive than Mini-Mags.

Some .22 pistols need HV ammo to function consistently, but from what I've seen the TX doesn't.

BTW, I see you are from WI. I'm in the Madison area, where are you located?

Jay
Old 05-26-2019, 05:01 PM
Dan51

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I ordered a TX from PSA, $279.99 w/ free shipping.
I see that LakeLine LLC has mag loaders and metal fiber optic sights for the TX.
I ordered a mag loader and will order a set of sights when their stock is replenished late next week.

From all the reviews I've see, I'm anxious to get the TX in hand.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:14 PM
Ferox34
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Looks like a....

.Kel-Tec for sure. But its a Taurus with crappy customer service and a one year warranty. I'll pass.

I sent a 22 revolver to Taurus for repair, paid about $30 bench fee for them to look at it. I don't think they did anything except take it out of my box and put it in the return box, 6 weeks later, of course. Then took it to a local gunsmith who said a prior owner had gone Kung Fu Dremel on the internals, and he couldn't fix it. But Taurus could have put in new parts. I contacted them and they said mail it back, at my expense, pay a SECOND bench fee, and they would take a second look see. No thanks, no more Taurus' for me.

Rotten customer NO service.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:30 PM
Terry G
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox34 View Post
.Kel-Tec for sure. But its a Taurus with crappy customer service and a one year warranty. I'll pass.

I sent a 22 revolver to Taurus for repair, paid about $30 bench fee for them to look at it. I don't think they did anything except take it out of my box and put it in the return box, 6 weeks later, of course. Then took it to a local gunsmith who said a prior owner had gone Kung Fu Dremel on the internals, and he couldn't fix it. But Taurus could have put in new parts. I contacted them and they said mail it back, at my expense, pay a SECOND bench fee, and they would take a second look see. No thanks, no more Taurus' for me.

Rotten customer NO service.
And I received exactly the opposite service from Taurus. Pre-paid return Fed Ex label. Returned in Ten days with the magazine problem fixed. 1,000 rounds later no malfunctions of any kind. What revolver did you have problem's with?
Old 05-26-2019, 09:36 PM
Terry G

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Have you tried any standard velocity rounds?

My TX will function with almost anything, but I feel HV rounds may be hard on the mechanics of the gun so I use SV ammo. CCI Standard works great, and is generally more accurate and less expensive than Mini-Mags.

Some .22 pistols need HV ammo to function consistently, but from what I've seen the TX doesn't.

BTW, I see you are from WI. I'm in the Madison area, where are you located?

Jay
Good suggestion. I have two BERSA semi-autos than work perfectly with HV ammunition, but won't work with standard velocity. Same with Ruger SR22 and Advantage Arms Glock 21 .22 adapter so I've stocked a lot of HV stuff to work in everything. Taurus say's HV is fine for the TX22, no worries about excessive wear. Thanks for your advice though. I have some Winchester Standard Velocity that I'll try. I'm northern Wisconsin.
Old 05-26-2019, 09:39 PM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Good suggestion. I have two BERSA semi-autos than work perfectly with HV ammunition, but won't work with standard velocity. Same with Ruger SR22 and Advantage Arms Glock 21 .22 adapter so I've stocked a lot of HV stuff to work in everything. Taurus say's HV is fine for the TX22, no worries about excessive wear. Thanks for your advice though. I have some Winchester Standard Velocity that I'll try. I'm northern Wisconsin.
I was going to check on that.

Did I miss it in the manual?

Thanks.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Terry G

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
I was going to check on that.

Did I miss it in the manual?

Thanks.
No, you didn't miss it. I talked to the Taurus technician who I was explaining the magazine problem to. He said the question had been asked a lot and that the pistol was designed to shoot any factory manufactured .22's.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:44 PM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
No, you didn't miss it. I talked to the Taurus technician who I was explaining the magazine problem to. He said the question had been asked a lot and that the pistol was designed to shoot any factory manufactured .22's.
Ahh...OK. I didn't recall seeing anything that specific in the manual.

I guess it's technically fine then, I just see any additional force over what's required to consistently function the slide as causing additional wear somewhere.

Mine likes CCI SV just fine. Some versions of Eley caused it not to function consistently but other than that it doesn't have any issues with regular SV ammo.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:15 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
TH9C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykdee View Post
\

Once again, plenty of people...even in this forum post about less than 10 day returns on repairs. Than plenty of people that do not even own a Taurus report about bad returns and repairs. So who should you believe....every gun maker has bad and good reviews!
I sent a TH9 back for a bad barrel, after a three week turnaround it came back scratched thru the finish on the slide , a couple of very large scratches. I’m not bashing, simply stating facts. It has been back a second time for ten weeks.

I am still waiting. Your mileage may vary with customer service. I want to buy one of the new TX.22 pistols, but I am waiting.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:25 AM
Terry G

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Series 70 Colt was failing to eject about every 30 shots or so. I sent it back to Colt. It was returned after paying $38.00 with the work report of "No problems found." The pistol was still doing the FTE to the point I stopped carrying it. A gunsmith I brought it to said the ejector was worn just enough to fail occasionally. He replaced it and I still have it and shoot it with no problems. Yeah, even the big boy's screw up.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:17 AM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Double Down on that!

Quote:
My Series 70 Colt was failing to eject about every 30 shots or so. I sent it back to Colt. It was returned after paying $38.00 with the work report of "No problems found." The pistol was still doing the FTE to the point I stopped carrying it. A gunsmith I brought it to said the ejector was worn just enough to fail occasionally. He replaced it and I still have it and shoot it with no problems. Yeah, even the big boy's screw up.
Thats a fact, the others screw up too! i have three Smith and Wesson models 41

pistols that have been back at least twice per gun to get them to run. Sometimes

problems can be hard to replicate. Then , on the other hand, there are gun

assemblers and there are gun smiths. A good gun smith is much more than a

parts assembler. I am sure all gun makers have problems from time to time.

I had two Ruger American Rimfire rifles with very bad bluing that took a couple

of tries to get resolved. They were international models bought from a clearance

seller. The important part is not getting back worse than you send in, and not getting

cosmetic damage from simple repairs.

Last edited by gr8guns; 05-28-2019 at 09:21 AM.