Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:06 AM
jkv45
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

A couple observations so far -

Spraying some dry-lube inside the magazine does seem to help the follower get past the hang-up near the top, which may be causing the 2nd round not to feed consistently. It feels like the spring kinks at that point, and drags on the inside of the mag just enough to create an issue. Overall the spring seems stronger than it needs to be.

I've also started using a small amount of synthetic gun grease on the rails and points where the slide rides on the frame, which does make the slide action feel smoother.

I don't hear much about lubing the gun before shooting or testing, and I think some issues may be occurring because of lack of lubrication before use.

Gunsaccessories put together a new video with info on Taurus' new Limited Lifetime Warranty on the TX and other models -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmWDTF-seYY
Old 03-07-2019, 08:17 AM
rellisonii

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Anyone finding holsters or mags for sale yet? I found one kydex holster on eBay and that is it. Mags are out of stock everywhere I have checked
Old 03-07-2019, 08:54 AM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rellisonii View Post
Anyone finding holsters or mags for sale yet? I found one kydex holster on eBay and that is it. Mags are out of stock everywhere I have checked
Someone just posted on another forum that Taurus had them listed as "in stock" on their site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2019, 07:20 PM
kevlars

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I have one coming from Whittakers. It will arrive tomorrow. $289 with free shipping. I can't wait, it looks like a sweet pistol.

kevlars
Old 03-21-2019, 09:54 AM
copfish
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Had mine now for close to a month with almost 500 rounds through it. The TX is a fun plinker. A few stoppages mostly due to my miserly nature of picking up crap ammo. Mini Mags ran like a top, Remington Bucket of Bullets also did fairly well. I do tend to run my guns wet, so adequate lube seems to help. I am a lazy %%%%%%% and don’t clean my guns until they slow down or have have stoppages. Love the mag capacity and trigger. The cheap sights and small ejection port are my biggest complaints. Called Taurus about their web page giving me an error message about my serial number and was assured my gun is qualified for the lifetime warranty. I’d buy one of these for my kids.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:27 AM
stinkysix

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
500 rds thru it and no problems, got the Fastfire 3 mounted.

Buying another this weekend
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190319_173255.jpg (531.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-21-2019, 09:09 PM
rellisonii

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Shoptaurus

I just ordered some mags from Taurus site and did not get a confirmation email, anyone else have same experience?
Old 03-25-2019, 02:04 PM
stinkysix

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just got 2 mags that I ordered last week, I did not get a confirmation email either
Old 04-08-2019, 06:27 PM
timberbeast

TPC Rating: 
100% (39)
Picked up mine and shot it, accuracy so so at first, got better as I shot the last of the 100 rounds.

Take down and reassembly are super easy.

My barrel had substantial chattering in all the lands in the last 1/4” of the barrel. Check before you buy. :eek
Old 04-08-2019, 08:39 PM
copfish
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Ordered some mags off the Taurus site and mags just showed up a few days later.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:29 AM
DOGMAN

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Are you saying that the TX22 does not have the Taurus life time warranty?
Old 04-12-2019, 07:16 PM
rws53

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGMAN View Post
Are you saying that the TX22 does not have the Taurus life time warranty?
warranty is clearly stated on their website
Old 04-14-2019, 12:56 AM
David Berkowitz

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I would be curious to know if any of you have had a problem with the floor plate on the magazines of the FX22. Specifically, a problem with them sliding forward. I was checking them out and noticed when I pushed the magazine in, the floor plate moved forward. I fiddled with a couple of them and all slid forward with ease. It is like there is a detent that is not very solid.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:05 AM
bubba68

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A friend I shoot with got one and we went to the range by us Wednesday and shot it for the first time. The gun is very light weight. I am used to shooting Ruger MK's with bull barrels and when I picked up the TX22 it felt like I didn't have anything in my hand. Trigger is so so it has a fair amount of pre travel after that a little gritty but not real heavy. Trigger will probably smooth out after a few rounds. Accuracy considering the first time I shot it wasn't bad. Shooting at 25 ft was keeping everything within a 3" circle with the open sights. Magazines seemed real cheap not sure how they will hold up. Had a couple failures to feed but brand new gun to be expected. I don't think my friend cleaned or lubed the gun pretty much straight out of the box. Would I buy one no I like a gun that has a little weight to it but that is just me. Probably a decent gun for the money just not sure how it would hold up.

LGS here has them on sale for $269 lowest I have seen for the gun.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:58 PM
Terry G
US Army Disabled American Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
I don't see it giving the Ruger real competition as far as sales, the one year

Taurus Repair Policy screams loudly about that. If you have a problem with a

Taurus, it will be gone for two months, so two months of a year warranty only

leaves about 10 months of coverage , if you have to send one back.

Ruger will take care of their own, and so will Smith and Wesson. Taurus used

to be lifetime repair on all their pistols, but those days are gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
I'm buying one. All my pre 1990 Taurus revolver's and semi-autos are still working fine. Taurus quality took a nose dive when they tried to get in the CCW market without adequate QA & QC. Customer Service was terrible. I'm going to buy a first run TZ22 and see how it does. I've wasted more than $300.00 on other guns, so what the heck. If it doesn't pan out, I'll post it on every Forum I can think of. Ditto if it's all it's cracked up to be.
Mine malfunctioned on the third or fourth round in all three magazines. Taurus sent me a free Fed Ex return label. I got the pistol back in ten day's. It works perfectly with four different brands and types of ammunition. I really like this pistol.