Old 02-21-2019, 07:39 PM
gr8guns
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I知 pulling the trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry G View Post
I'm buying one. All my pre 1990 Taurus revolver's and semi-autos are still working fine. Taurus quality took a nose dive when they tried to get in the CCW market without adequate QA & QC. Customer Service was terrible. I'm going to buy a first run TZ22 and see how it does. I've wasted more than $300.00 on other guns, so what the heck. If it doesn't pan out, I'll post it on every Forum I can think of. Ditto if it's all it's cracked up to be.
I知 going to pull the trigger on one of these.......sorry.

I will start over. I知 going to purchase one of these based on the real owner

experience from the shooter above. I really have no desire to throw one of my

CZ Kadet pistols in the glove box of my old Avalon, and 300 bucks for a nice

looking, full size, 16 round plinker with decent accuracy is a great deal.

I think I will give it a couple of months just to let my finances recover from the

Bisley Storm. I知 curious as to how the accuracy will be improved by a red dot

or a laser. 🎯
Old 02-22-2019, 10:21 AM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I finally had a chance to take my TX to the range and run some rounds though it. My initial impression - 8 of 10.

First thing I noticed was I was unable to get the sight adjusted low enough to get the gun on target. Granted, the max distance was only 30 feet, but with the sight bottomed I was still about 4" high.

The next thing I noticed was the rear sight - it's junk. I've seen better on an airsoft gun. I'm looking into a replacement, but Taurus apparently has their own dovetail dimensions so choices are limited especially if you want an adjustable sight.

A more positive impression was the trigger, which is very nice compared to most striker-fired guns.

The mags are fairly difficult to load, and the loading assist tabs on both sides of the mag are too small and smooth to get a grip on, but it's not terrible.

I ran a few different types of ammo through the gun, and did have a few malfunctions. Not all were the fault of the gun. I tried some older Eley Target Pistol and Federal Match ammo I had, but both had bullets that were very oxidized and didn't chamber well. The newer Federal Auto Match worked better, but I did have a couple issues where the spent case didn't make it out of the ejection port and the slide closed on it. This was after the oxidized rounds, so the chamber may have been fouled. It was also a little cold in the range, so that may have contributed. CCI Std worked fine. Of the about 150 rounds we fired, there were about 4 or 5 malfunctions but some were not attributed to the gun.

The gun feels good in your hand, but I did feel it was lighter than I would like. Not much you can do about that considering the need for a light (aluminum) slide and a polymer frame.

I shot 2-handed standing only, and I would consider the accuracy "good" to "very good" given the distance and less than optimum lighting conditions.

Overall I'm pleased with the gun, but it might not have the same feel as a Ruger Mark IV, SR22, or Buckmark, mostly due to its lighter weight.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:41 AM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
.22 Plinkster review of the TX -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=SEYPwpy779w

Last edited by jkv45; 02-23-2019 at 03:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2019, 04:46 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Suppressor Point !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
.22 Plinker educated me. I am getting into the world of owning a suppressor, and

the point he made about getting powder and a little blowback to the face with top

ejecting pistols was unknown to me. His point about the side ejection of the TX

means it would be better suited to using a suppressor. That is the last straw, I知

sold. He was also impressed with the accuracy. Now I have to find them in stock at

the poor boy price ! 🤑
Old 02-25-2019, 10:25 AM
triplebike

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I purchased one a few days ago.. Local LGS was selling for $309. Comes with two 16 rd mags & a tread adapter. First impression out of the box, extremely light ,well made (everything seemed nice & tight) with a VERY nice trigger. Rear sight is adjustable for elevation & windage and its a white 3-dot setup. My only complaint out of the box was that the front sight felt flimsy for lack of a better word, but I'm really nitpicking here. Went to the range with 100 rds each of CCI mini mag round nose and hollow points, as well as Federal bulk. 300 rds fired with one failure to feed and one to eject. Not bad for a brand new firearm. Accuracy is well above my pay grade, but let me just say that's its way above average. Recoil is literally nonexistent. Sights are ok for a 300 dollar gun and its nice that the rear sight is adjustable & I did tweak it a bit. Front sight held up just fine. (LOL). The mags are a bit tight but I did feel them start to loosen up. Having 16 rds is a blast by the way. Overall the gun was an absolute joy to shoot very accurate, very comfortable and I'm more than thrilled with it.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:58 PM
confused

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My LGS has one waiting for me to pick it up.Price is $319.Hoped it would be a little cheaper but no biggie.He has cut me huge deals in the past so I won't complain a bit.He deserves full asking price once in a while.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:02 PM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused View Post
My LGS has one waiting for me to pick it up.Price is $319.Hoped it would be a little cheaper but no biggie.He has cut me huge deals in the past so I won't complain a bit.He deserves full asking price once in a while.
Congrats!

I think you'll like it.

List price is $349.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:42 PM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Heads-up for new TX owners in case you missed it -

Lifetime Warranty

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum....php?t=1152861

Registration of s/n required - https://warranty.taurususa.com/
Old 03-01-2019, 04:41 PM
rellisonii

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Talking Davidson's lifetime replacement

I picked up mine today, can't wait to shoot it. Ordered through galleryofguns.com for their lifetime replacement policy.

On a side note, I tried to register warranty on Taurus site, and it says my serial is invalid?

Last edited by rellisonii; 03-01-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:15 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Give them a call

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellisonii View Post
I picked up mine today, can't wait to shoot it. Ordered through galleryofguns.com for their lifetime replacement policy.

On a side note, I tried to register warranty on Taurus site, and it says my serial is invalid?

Gallery of guns lifetime warranty is the real deal. I had to use it once, and they

came through like champs. Call Taurus, maybe you are reading it wrong.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:45 PM
rellisonii

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
warranty

Just spoke with Taurus customer service, the rep said do not need to register anything that left the factory before 3/1 will have lifetime warranty, just need proof of purchase when sending for repair / service.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:06 PM
Gunsaccessories

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just got done with talking to Taurus customer service and I got the info that
rellisonii did. Anything leaving Taurus place before 3/1/2019 is already enrolled in lifetime warranty.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:46 PM
redmike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I also called Taurus about my TX 22. It is grandfathered in as long as I have my sales slip.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:34 AM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Me too, My TH9C

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike View Post
I also called Taurus about my TX 22. It is grandfathered in as long as I have my sales slip.
I know I am probably preaching to the choir here, but as you all know, the

cash register receipts have a way of fading out to being unreadable

over a short period of time. They must use disappearing ink. I always make

a printer copy or two to store in my receipts. I almost lost some

warranty work being done on a guitar because of a faded receipt.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:50 PM
redmike

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just shot 100 CCI SVs through my Taurus TX 22. It functioned perfectly except the first round of one magazine failed to feed. This was my error in how I loaded the magazine. As mentioned by others the thumb stud on the follower is a little difficult to use. I turned a fired .22 shell over and placed the open in angled on the top half of the thumb stud and pressed down on the rim end with my thumb. This made it easy to depress the follower by depressing the thumb stud. Since 16 bullets can be loaded, stacking them properly is important. I pressed the follower down too far so that there was space between some of the bullets. The top bullet was angled so that the point was not elevated, hence, it did not load. That was my error from inattention, not the pistols malfunction. It is an easier way to load. I started to worry about the fired end of the .22 case scratching the thumb stud so I used the black plastic tube that is 3/16" diameter by 3/4" length that holds up the top shelf in an Aguilla 50 round box of .22LR. That also worked perfectly to manipulate the thumb stud on the follower. For me that is an easy way to load the 16 round magazine as long as I pay attention to not depress the thumb stud too far toward the bottom of the magazine causing the shells to load improperly.