0% (0)

Guns and Accessories just put up a video with a brief review and firing -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr2zDeSSoaY

Unboxing video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VehTZIlIctk

Field Stripping -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjHilNZJMFg

Anyone know how to embed a video here?

Last edited by jkv45; 02-08-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:22 PM
BOARHUNTER
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I fondled one for the first time yesterday, and the trigger was exceptional and grip ergonomics superb for my hands. I have a fetish for 22 handguns and have far more than I "need." But I am tempted to add one of these to my accumulation.

My only reservation: is the gun accurate? If not, it really adds nothing that I do not already have in the M&P Compact 22 (mag capacity aside).

So, does anyone have any personal, first-hand experience to report on the accuracy potential of the Taurus TX22?

BOARHUNTER
Old 02-09-2019, 10:13 PM
Gunsaccessories

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
It is a fun gun to be sure. It is a fairly accurate handgun. Its not made to be a precision handgun. It uses a standard 3 dot system. Nothing built in to allow for any optics or red dots. There will be people more qualified to answer the exact accuracy of it. I shot at steel targets at my range and could hit regularly at 10 yards and 25 yards. For fast moving competition and plinking I feel like it is a great gun. Especially with a suppressor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2019, 10:51 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Sounds like an economical fun gun !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsaccessories View Post
It is a fun gun to be sure. It is a fairly accurate handgun. Its not made to be a precision handgun. It uses a standard 3 dot system. Nothing built in to allow for any optics or red dots. There will be people more qualified to answer the exact accuracy of it. I shot at steel targets at my range and could hit regularly at 10 yards and 25 yards. For fast moving competition and plinking I feel like it is a great gun. Especially with a suppressor!
At the price point these are selling at, Taurus will sell a ton of them, glad you like

it !! Sounds like a great plinker .
Old 02-09-2019, 11:28 PM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOARHUNTER View Post
I fondled one for the first time yesterday, and the trigger was exceptional and grip ergonomics superb for my hands. I have a fetish for 22 handguns and have far more than I "need." But I am tempted to add one of these to my accumulation.

My only reservation: is the gun accurate? If not, it really adds nothing that I do not already have in the M&P Compact 22 (mag capacity aside).

So, does anyone have any personal, first-hand experience to report on the accuracy potential of the Taurus TX22?

BOARHUNTER
Gunaccessories made the videos that I posted above, but he's the first and only actual hands-on review and firing of the production gun I've seen so far.

Mine is otw, and is scheduled to arrive on Monday. I'm planning to hit the range with it on Thursday. Won't be doing any technical accuracy testing, but I've shot enough to know if the shots are going where they should.

I'll let you know what I think of it.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:52 PM
BOARHUNTER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking forward to your report! And be sure and let me know your assessment of the gun's accuracy potential, even if you do not run formal accuracy testing.

I do not require my guns to be one-hole, bullseye-type shooters, but I do want them to shoot better than I can shoot!

Thanks.

BOARHUNTER
Old 02-10-2019, 11:57 PM
BOARHUNTER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
By the way, good information, Gunaccessories. Thanks.

BOARHUNTER
Old 02-11-2019, 09:08 AM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Looking forward to your report! And be sure and let me know your assessment of the gun's accuracy potential, even if you do not run formal accuracy testing.

I do not require my guns to be one-hole, bullseye-type shooters, but I do want them to shoot better than I can shoot!

Thanks.

BOARHUNTER
Will do.

I expect decent accuracy, but not target-gun groups either. I have a High Standard Bullseye gun for that. My winter indoor shooting is limited to 30 feet, so it's not a very good test for accuracy. In the summer I have up to 100 yards, but 25 yards would probably be a reasonable test.

We'll see if it shows up today as scheduled. This week looks like a mess, starting tomorrow and running a few days, with 8 to 10" of show expected when it's done - so I may not get to the range on Thursday.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:15 PM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Gunsaccessories just posted this with more range time and some ammo and accuracy testing.

I would say the TX is performing well with good functioning and decent accuracy for a gun of this type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDqmRS-aLNU

Another -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYblHZALOIs

Thanks gunsaccessories!

Not sure why I can't embed a video - anyone know?

Last edited by jkv45; 02-12-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:14 PM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I finally got my hands on it!

All I can really tell you are my first impressions - it looks and feels good, like a full size pistol. The build quality looks to be good as well. The trigger take-up is typical striker-fired and the break is decent, but not without some creep. I didn't expect a true target gun. The trigger action is as good or better than my M&P45 2.0 Compact.

Came in a cardboard box with the manual, extra mag, suppressor adapter, and lock.

It's not super light, and feels only slightly lighter than a typical unloaded 9mm of the same type.

EDIT: After comparing it to a 9mm SIG P320, it is significantly lighter. The aluminum slide being the major difference. The TX has a nice balance to it, better than the unloaded SIG - but the balance of the SIG will be better with a full mag.

Mags are numbered "1" and "2".

I ordered a knurled thread protector for the suppressor adapter, which I installed after installing the adapter, for no other reason than I like the way it looks. Maybe some day I'll get a suppressor, but right now there are too many hoops to jump through.

I'm going to try to get to the range this week, but I may not be able to until next week.

Waiting is gonna kill me!

Last edited by jkv45; 02-15-2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 02-12-2019, 09:24 PM
BOARHUNTER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks to jkv45 and Gunnaccessories...good info on the new TX22!

BOARHUNTER
Old 02-13-2019, 04:22 PM
BOARHUNTER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, my buddy bought one today and sent me a picture of a fairly impressive 25 foot group. And then he dropped it off at my office so I could give it a try tomorrow during lunch.... I fear I will be rummaging around in the safe tomorrow afternoon looking for trading material....

BOARHUNTER
Old 02-13-2019, 05:04 PM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Well, my buddy bought one today and sent me a picture of a fairly impressive 25 foot group. And then he dropped it off at my office so I could give it a try tomorrow during lunch.... I fear I will be rummaging around in the safe tomorrow afternoon looking for trading material....

BOARHUNTER
Looks like you are going to beat me to the first shot!

All good news so far. Let us know what you think of it.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:14 AM
jkv45

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
One suggestion for TX owners - oil it up!

As delivered it's dry as a bone. After a little cleaning (mine had been test fired) and oiling of the rails and sliding/pivoting areas of the trigger mechanism the entire gun worked and felt better.

The manual doesn't address specific points to oil (my M&P manual does) but the areas where the slide rides on the receiver are areas that should be lubricated - especially because the slide is aluminum.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:25 PM
BOARHUNTER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ok, folks. Put 100 rounds (CCI mini-mags and CCI SV) through my buddy's new Taurus today. If it gives you any idea what I thought of it, I get my own in the morning. And Ready Tactical will build a custom kydex OWB paddle holster and mag carriers for it next week.

I normally shoot at cheap Publix 6" paper plates...approximately the size of vitals..but I had no plates today. So I turned a regular target backwards, added several black pasters for an aiming point, and ran the target out 25 feet.

Of my first 5 rounds through the gun, three were inside the tiny plaster and two were on its fringe.

This from an ol' guy with poor eyesight and not the steadiest of hands.

The gun is not a bullseye gun, but sure should make a great general-purpose plinking and therapy gun. And it should make an excellent gun for teaching first-time shooters.

I was pleased.

Now I have had two plastic Taurus handguns that I really liked in the past that did not hold up to extensive firing. I shoot my guns a lot. Whether this one holds up remains to be seen, but I intend to put it to the test!

BOARHUNTER