Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-04-2018, 01:23 AM
Walkure

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New CZ 512 22WMR American 02268

New to the forum as well as the 22WMR, in a rifle anyway. My first rimfire rifle.

I ordered a new CZ 512 off of budsgunshop.com the other day. It's one of the unlisted modles (02268) for sale with the stock geometry of the American line but a foregrip like the original. Beautiful black stained beechwood furniture is like the carbine version. This one has a threaded 16" barrel without iron sights.

I wasn't sure if it was repackaged old stock parts CZ threw together to get them off the shelf or a NOS model from a warehouse they were looking to unload. I took a chance and spent the money.

I signed for it last Wednesday at the LGS. Beautiful rifle. Well balanced, fit and finish is top notch. It's new production as well with all the post 2016 upgraded design features. I'll be doing a range report and review with pics in 2 weeks. CA, lol...

If any of you have experience with this rifle let me know what you think.

Originally I posted this in the 10/22 Magnum forum, sorry....
Old 11-05-2018, 08:32 PM
wkd
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
95% (17)
Eagerly await your report!
Old 11-06-2018, 11:10 AM
Walkure

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
As am I. Living in California makes instant gratification rough. I get it on the 12th. 10 day "cooling off period" to contemplate my intention for purchasing a new gun, lol.

I'll be smiling or crying on the following Saturday...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2018, 11:49 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congratulations! Don't think you will be crying, CZ and .22 magnum should be a good combination. Looking forward to pictures and range report.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:24 PM
doc thornton
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Great ! I have been interested in this model for a while and I am near
making a grab for one. I look forward to your report. Congrats to you !
Old 11-06-2018, 12:50 PM
Walkure

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I ordered some millet rings off of buds after seeing a post here on the CZ forum. I just need to decide on the optic. I'm looking at the Nikon prostaff efr. Not sure yet.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:01 AM
BJKramer
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up Prostaff Scope

I have two Nikon Prostaff Target EFR 3-9 AO scopes. Great scope. Only wish the miniature dot in the center of the crosshairs was a bit larger. The scope will focus below ten yards. One of mine resides on an air rifle.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:36 PM
rwphilli

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I agree the Nikon EFR would make a good choice for your 22MWR. The only thing I don't like about that scope is the 1/2" adjustments. I prefer the Leupold EFR with it's 1/4" adjustments for my airguns and 22's.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:04 PM
cabin22

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkure View Post
I ordered some millet rings off of buds after seeing a post here on the CZ forum. I just need to decide on the optic. I'm looking at the Nikon prostaff efr. Not sure yet.
I had my RAR 22 Mag out shooting 100 yard targets yesterday with the Nikon ProStaff Target EFR 3-9x40 scope. Great scope. It was a heavily overcast day, but the Nikon was very clear and noticeably bright, in fact looking through it the targets seemed brighter than the ambient environment and brighter than when looking through my old Bushnell spotting scope. Admittedly, that old spotting scope wasn't top dollar, but the Nikon optics are great.

I also have one of the much-admired Leupold VX-2 3-9x33 EFR scopes on another rifle, but have not shot them side-by-side. I don't think the Nikon gives up much to the Leupy except those dastardly 1/4" at 50 yard adjustments. I can't tell if they corrected this in the newer versions of the scope, the Nikon site is not very specific about it, it just indicates 1/4" without specifying distance or if it is 1/4 MOA, but close ups of the turret indicate 1/4 MOA adjustments. Not significant to me for plinking, hunting or varmint control.

Factor in the price, and the Nikon becomes a really good deal. Current Nikon prices are about $186-189 for the new version of this scope. The new Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x33 EFR scope are $290-300. I would expect better deals as Black Friday and the holidays approach.

And congrats on the new rifle!

Last edited by cabin22; 11-08-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Walkure

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I feel like a woman in a shoe store when it comes to guns. I'm going a different route for optics at the moment. I think I'll still end up with the Nikon but the 11mm rings don't look like secure attachment points. I brake all my toys. I've seen a couple videos of them slipping down the rail.

I ordered a DIP rail for it. I have a Vortex 1-4 on a set of low rings I'll use for the time being.

I did some measurements on the barrel. The OD at the muzzle is .555".

That is pencil for sure. I'm looking for something other than the thread protecter. DIP said it's possible for them to turn one of their brakes down but there wouldn't be much meat left at the thread. Faxon makes a brake and a flash hider that measures .620". Might go that route.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:11 PM
rmsteve

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
If you decide you don't like the rail Talley makes 11mm rings specifically for CZ's that are rock solid. I have the earlier carbine model in .22WMR and it quickly became one of my favs.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:37 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsteve View Post
If you decide you don't like the rail Talley makes 11mm rings specifically for CZ's that are rock solid. I have the earlier carbine model in .22WMR and it quickly became one of my favs.
Same here, and I have the Talley rings as well on mine. They're not the least expensive, but they are nice rings.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:25 PM
redear

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Me too, talley lows with a 3x9x40 vortex diamondback, you can get away with lower rings on this rifle and still have scope clearance, although I did take the rear sight blade off of the ramp.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:50 PM
ruffhunter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
glad to hear they are making this again. i was just checking the cz site the other day and it was not listed.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:48 AM
Walkure

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got the rifle in hand today. I put the DIProducts rail on top and it's not going to work. Way to loose. I followed the directions and it's not good enough.

I have a 30mm vortex 1-4 scope I was going to mount but now I need rings. Are the Talley 30mm CZ rings going to be the ticket?

I don't like the ones I've seen. They don't have the set screw to keep them from sliding.

I'm open to suggestions. I need "low" rings.