Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:28 PM
prairiefire
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)
Vudoo 22LRA vs Anschutz 1727F

I'm in the market for a new 22LR - something with accuracy out the ying-yang, but otherwise non custom. Is there a reason to pick one of these over the other? I like the Fortner action - and the Vudoo press is overwhelmingly positive. I have shot a Fortner based action several years ago and liked it - haven't shot a Vudoo. What would you all say about the relative pros and cons here?
Old 08-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Vasquez956

TPC Rating: 
95% (17)
Never shot either but since the Vudoo is based off a Remington 700 SA you have all kinds of stock and chassis options.
Old 08-10-2018, 05:44 PM
wolfshoon
Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The vudoo I have is heavy, 14+ lbs with scope and bipod. Heavy kukri contour barrel at 18" with grayboe renegade stock with adj cheek-piece. Very accurate, magazines had some initial issues feeding and loading but that seems to be worked out now. Don't like the eurostyle orbendorf inside trigger guard magazine release.

If I were to re-order it today, I'd get a lighter barrel contour and a stock with both adjustable cheek and LOP, probably the MPA chassis which has the mag release style I like and is lighter than the grayboe.

Overall, the Vudoo is a great rifle, especially if you are using it in a trainer or PRS style type of shooting. Just remember it is heavy.

Don't have a 1727F fortner, but I still crave one. My anschutz 1710 is a work of art and **** near half the weight of the Vudoo. I really like the toggle action on my PWS, cant imagine how much nicer the real thing would feel like. If $$$ wasnt an issue I probably would have gotten the 1727F instead of the Vudoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2018, 09:02 PM
PB1234

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
investigate the Lithgow LA 101 viewing some of the groups posted on this web site.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not sure I understand what your intentions are for this rifle I have a Vudoo in a J Allen Chassis and is very heavy ,but I use it primarily on the bench .So for me the weight is a good thing . I'm extremely happy with it .For me it's my ultimate bench rifle . It seems to require less effort to shoot really good groups .As for Anschutz they are legendary rifles .I don't have one yet but it's on my radar ,so I can only speak for the Vudoo. I am an extremely happy customer with an extremely accurate rifle.

Last edited by supersharp; 08-10-2018 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:14 AM
Penage Guy

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am unfamiliar with the Vudoo LRA, but the Fortner action Anschutz rifles come in two models, one a sporter and the other a biathlon rifle (diopter sights optional). Neither is an ideal bench rifle.

What does the Vudoo LRA look like?

Old 08-11-2018, 08:38 AM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's my Vudoo. I'm not going to compare it to a Anschutz as they are a top of the line rifle . I've stated before my Vudoo is heavy, but out of all the rifles I have it is the easiest at shooting good groups with various target ammo. I would say it's the equivalent with my Kidd Super Grade. I just don't have to work as hard with this rifle to make it perform .The other great thing is I swap out the barreled action with one of my .308 GA Precision so for me this setup works very well and I love the J Allen chassis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180522_133909.jpg (595.6 KB, 23 views)
Old 08-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Sieg

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've been an Anschutz fan all my life. Came really close to buying one..... until I came across Vudoo. The interchangeability with Rem 700 platform components added a lot of value to me.

The people representing Vudoo have made the entire purchasing process very rewarding and the barreled action is very well made.

My inquiries with Anschutz USA have also been very positive. Hard to go wrong with either company, especially if the Fortner action is your choice.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Hoser
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have both. Yes, more money than common sense.

I would say it depends on end use.

For a guy that wants a 22 that replicates his Remington 700 exactly, get the Vudoo.

For a guy that wants to take a 22 for a walk, hunt critters and look really cool doing it, the 1727 is a good choice.

Or, my solution to your problem is always out there.