Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-14-2018, 09:28 AM
mythotto
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I love my Bearcat!

I have decided after less and less visits to the range and the fact that i'm retired - That I am going to start parting with my small collection of Revolvers.
I have come to the realization that I don't hunt or trap - I really just love to plink. So with that said I have decided to hold on to my most recent Bearcat - It is a fine working revolver - Fun to shoot - and always a challenge to be accurate with.
I'm sure there are other BC Owners out there that feel the same way.
Ken

Last edited by mythotto; 06-16-2018 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:10 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythotto View Post
I have decided after less and less visits to the range and the fact that i'm retired - That I am going to start parting with my small collection of Revolvers.
I have come to the realization the fact that I don't hunt or trap - I really just love to plink. So with that said I am going to just keep my most recent Bearcat - It is a fine working revolver - Fun to shoot - and always a challenge to be accurate with.
Ken
(Emphasis added)

Thank you for keeping me company in the "challenge to be accurate" department. While I love accurate guns, I enjoy the challenge of shooting ones that aren't as consistently so.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:11 AM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
I have come to the realization the fact that I don't hunt or trap - I really just love to plink. So with that said I am going to just keep my most recent Bearcat - It is a fine working revolver - Fun to shoot - and always a challenge to be accurate with.
Ken

My uncle has a older bearcat.
Great shooter,
Enjoy your pistol!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2018, 01:19 AM
mythotto

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Thanks Guys - I know the Bearcats are not one of the more affordable Revolvers out there. But folks that own them find something special in their handling. To me they have always been "The Little Gun that could"
Old 06-16-2018, 08:10 AM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I purchased a first model Bearcat in 1961 iirc. The second summer I worked on the Ochoco NF while I was in forestry school at UofMO. That was a real porcupine dispatcher. It was also a very accurate pistol for me. I shot many a grouse, bull frogs and even a rabbit or two with that pistol. I carried it after graduation on the
Flathead NF in Montana. I went back to grad school at MU and it got stolen.

I got a lightly used second model about 3 years ago. I like it just as much as the first one, though I liked the brass trigger group over the blued. I don't shoot it as well as the first one, but I think that is only because I am not carrying it ever day and shooting it often. And my eyes are nearly as good as they were 50 years ago. It is a great little trail gun.

One caution: I lost 2 cylinder pins because I had an open bottom holster. My pack frame compressed the holster sufficiently to depress the cyl. pin release and the pin went out the bottom. I still use an open holster, but I don't carry a pack frame any more. Thank you, Lord.

VH
Old 06-16-2018, 12:17 PM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
<<<< My favorites. I consider my stainless Bearcats the best guns I've ever owned. It took aftermarket ejector housings (mine were made 2011, aluminum) and Wolff springs to get them on the money. Now they're perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmit hunter67 View Post
One caution: I lost 2 cylinder pins because I had an open bottom holster. My pack frame compressed the holster sufficiently to depress the cyl. pin release and the pin went out the bottom.
You could install stiffer base pin latch springs from Wolff. I have them in mine, just in case, along with lighter 18 pound hammer springs.

Last edited by bearcatter; 06-16-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 12:24 PM
gcrank1

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Sadly I havent ever tried one (tried 3) that shot to the sight height for me, always needed a higher one (and one shot very well to the side, also).....I wouldnt have minded if I would have needed to file one down. Tried different ammo, too, HV and SV of different brands and no joy at 15-25 yds., the distance I need one to be most useful.
I really wanted one to work; guess it wasnt meant to be.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:31 PM
mythotto

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I am not sure they where designed for accurate distance shooting - more of a light weight Kit gun. Though I have seen folks shoot them 30 yards or more and hit their target. here is a Pic-

Last edited by mythotto; 06-30-2018 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:12 PM
mythotto

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Hey Even Leonard Syle "Roy Rodgers" had one...

Last edited by mythotto; 06-22-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:32 AM
Danwin22
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Nice, didn't know about this one.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:18 PM
chicharrones

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I am not sure they where designed for accurate distance shooting - more of a light weight Kit gun. Though I have seen folks shoot them 30 yards or more and hit their target. here is a Pic-

A great lookin' Bearcat!
Old 06-17-2018, 03:26 PM
varmit hunter67
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
I never really thought about how far I was shooting with my first BC. But I think I could hit beer cans that far. I did play around with some buddies that had pistols. One had a Colt .22 Buntline. He was not a very good shot, from lack of practice (probably) more so than the fault of the pistol.

VH