Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:08 AM
scotty2hotty

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Keep CZ 455 or get Vudoo

Debating on whether or not to upgarde my CZ 455 Tacticool with the Lilja Barrel or just buy the new Vudoo V22. I really like the idea of the Vudoo with the Bartlein Barrel. Some said the Bartlein is better than the Lilja. By the time I put money in upgrades for the CZ I could spend about 200.00 more and get the Vudoo.
Right now I have the Tacticool pillared and bedded, Rifle Basic Trigger, MPA Chassis and I am still getting 1/2" , sometimes under at 50 meters. This is using Atlas Bipod with bag at rear, Wolf Match ammo, SK Rifle Match, Eley Edge, CCI SV seems to perform really good at 25 meters.

I like the idea of the Vudoo magazines. They are bigger for the hands and makes the gun look more realistic.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:30 AM
djdilliodon

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
The million dollar question is, what accuracy will make you happy with the money you spend? I take it your competing in prs, nrl22, both, or just personal enjoyment?
Old 06-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Cold Bore
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
97% (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post

... CZ 455 Tacticool with the Lilja Barrel ...

... Vudoo with the Bartlein Barrel...

... Some said the Bartlein is better than the Lilja...
I wouldn't base your decision solely on the barrel.

I like both makers, a lot, and wouldn't hesitate to use either one on another build.

Granted, the drop-in Lilja tubes have a somewhat spotty reputation when mated to the CZ 455's, but that can usually be overcome.

You need to look at the overall packages, thinking about suitability for your intended usages, and then, maybe, factor in the small monetary difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2018, 11:31 AM
flangster

TPC Rating: 
100% (33)
I have both modd'ed 455s and a Vudoo, and I think it is probably a wash in terms of pure group sizes, considering my abilities as a shooter. The rifles I have that give me my best chance at being a better than 1/2 inch shooter are all pretty expensive rigs. An Anschutz 1710 HB, a Vudoo, a Cooper 57M, a DJ'd 455 Varmint with a full-length bedded stock. All of them can do 1/4 inch groups, but with a moment's inattention or loss of focus will turn in 1/2 inch groups too.

I'm wondering out loud whether you are asking the question wrong. In order to go reliably sub-1/2 inch all the time, you are going to have to buy the right ammo. And the right ammo is likely to be more expensive, in the long run, than either set up. The 455 gives you an incremental path to get there. The Vudoo costs a lot all at once. And you will still want to bed and pillar that Vudoo when it gets to you, and upgrade the trigger to a Timney target and so on.

Me? I bought both. And guess what? I am still a 1/2 inch shooter at 50 yards.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:53 PM
jaia
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
you are going to have to buy the right ammo

Truer words were never spoken.
It's the reason why I shifted my focus to centerfire.
Simply unable to obtain rimfire ammunition capable of consistent sub-moa at 100 yards.
Even match ammo has to be lot tested at a factory facility to have a chance at finding any.
Random purchases from on-line retailers won't get the job done.
Spend 2k on the rifle, then have to ship the rifle or take it y'erself to the Lapua or Eley test sites.
After that a single case of ammo won't justify the expense, it'll need to be quite a bit more, every time.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:59 PM
scotty2hotty

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Personal enjoyment but I might try to compete. I just don't want to keep buying and buying.

I get good groups but i can swear the rifle is shooting perfect then all of a sudden the one bullet is off. I am thinking could've been the barrel or ammo. I know I was on the target, trigger pull etc. I can post some pics of targets. It seems like the rifle is a consistant 1 moa shooter.

Would a tuner worl on this barrel and does atuner work with a suppresdor?
Old 06-04-2018, 01:03 PM
jaia

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
all of a sudden the one bullet is off

Don't blame the rifle without chronographing the ammo used.
Differences in MV are responsible for most of the vertical spread.
Small differences in the time of flight combined with gravity are to blame.
Spend some time with a ballistic calculator and run the numbers for y'erself.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:10 PM
djdilliodon

TPC Rating: 
100% (47)
Quote:
Personal enjoyment but I might try to compete. I just don't want to keep buying and buying.

I get good groups but i can swear the rifle is shooting perfect then all of a sudden the one bullet is off. I am thinking could've been the barrel or ammo. I know I was on the target, trigger pull etc. I can post some pics of targets. It seems like the rifle is a consistant 1 moa shooter.

Post pics of your targets. If each group seems to always have a vertical pattern and you are trying different ammo, not all ammo is bad. Chances are your rifle has an ignition issue. If this is the case it is fixable.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:18 PM
trout48
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (10)
I wouldn't use a bipod if you are looking for the utmost in accuracy. Just my personal opinion.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:58 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67
Quote:
Personal enjoyment but I might try to compete.

I just don't want to keep buying and buying.

Then stop spending your money and be happy where you are.................

More than likely its the ammo - if your skills are not under question and Im certainly not questioning your skills sir.

If the barrel had a cone breach you could rotate the barrel to where it was shooting as high as possible without changing aiming point or devise. This would help a little.

Yes a tuner will help greatly

It will help with the odd flier that seems to be your complaint here or cause to opening your groups. It will not eliminate all of them.

Weakest point that you cant control is the ammo.
To limit this you have to buy the most expensive there is and lot test.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"