Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Kevan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New Henry Pump!

I've wanted a .22 pump for years, well, ever since I was a kid and saw one once. So better make that almost three decades, LOL! I've seen the Henry and was VERY impressed with it. I've also been VERY impressed with the way Henry and Anthony Imperato run the company. Reading here, they stand behind their products 100% and have outstanding products. I got a personal email from Mr. Imperato a year or so ago and never forgot that personal touch.

Well, when it came time for a .22, new-in-box, I knew there was only one choice---Henry. I plan to get out and shoot it this weekend and went out and bought two big 500 round boxes of Dynapoints just so. Imagine the wait til the weekend to try it out!!!! I wish I could ditch work a day, LOL!

My first impressions: This is a VERY well-made rifle. Walnut stock is beautiful and hardly anybody finishes stocks like that anymore. Or uses such nice wood. Or even USES wood at all! But Henry does. Not only wood, not only VERY NICE walnut, but finishes it VERY nice, too. How can you possibly beat that alone at the price Henry lets you steal them at? Final fiinish, metal-to-wood fit, and everything---I couldn't ask for better. Looks outstanding. You see some other brands these days you get 1/8" of wood lip around the metal to wood junction. Not with Henry. Action is smooth as silk on mine and I haven't even fired it yet. And no ugly crossbolt safety! Half-cock on the hammer---as it should be. I also really like the hooded front sight. Nice touch. Handles and shoulders well for me. Fits just right. Not a problem at all pumping the action. I cannot say enough good things about this rifle. All I can say is if you've been wondering about the quality, there is nothing to wonder about. You will legally STEAL this rifle at the price for what you get. I cannot wait to try it out this weekend!

Henry and Mr. Imperato, THANK YOU!!!! The Henry is hands-down the BEST .22 pump there is. And thanks to Rimfire Central and all the good folks here, too, for posting about the Henry.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:43 PM
airhead

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan
I've wanted a .22 pump for years, well, ever since I was a kid and saw one once. So better make that almost three decades, LOL! I've seen the Henry and was VERY impressed with it. I've also been VERY impressed with the way Henry and Anthony Imperato run the company. Reading here, they stand behind their products 100% and have outstanding products. I got a personal email from Mr. Imperato a year or so ago and never forgot that personal touch.

Well, when it came time for a .22, new-in-box, I knew there was only one choice---Henry. I plan to get out and shoot it this weekend and went out and bought two big 500 round boxes of Dynapoints just so. Imagine the wait til the weekend to try it out!!!! I wish I could ditch work a day, LOL!

My first impressions: This is a VERY well-made rifle. Walnut stock is beautiful and hardly anybody finishes stocks like that anymore. Or uses such nice wood. Or even USES wood at all! But Henry does. Not only wood, not only VERY NICE walnut, but finishes it VERY nice, too. How can you possibly beat that alone at the price Henry lets you steal them at? Final fiinish, metal-to-wood fit, and everything---I couldn't ask for better. Looks outstanding. You see some other brands these days you get 1/8" of wood lip around the metal to wood junction. Not with Henry. Action is smooth as silk on mine and I haven't even fired it yet. And no ugly crossbolt safety! Half-cock on the hammer---as it should be. I also really like the hooded front sight. Nice touch. Handles and shoulders well for me. Fits just right. Not a problem at all pumping the action. I cannot say enough good things about this rifle. All I can say is if you've been wondering about the quality, there is nothing to wonder about. You will legally STEAL this rifle at the price for what you get. I cannot wait to try it out this weekend!

Henry and Mr. Imperato, THANK YOU!!!! The Henry is hands-down the BEST .22 pump there is. And thanks to Rimfire Central and all the good folks here, too, for posting about the Henry.
Henry really seems tuned into what rimfire shooters want, accurate, fun rifles for not a lot of cash. I like my acubolt and I like the pump model as well as the lever actions choices.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:42 AM
klutz347

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I got my Henry pump almost 5 months ago and I have to agree with you on all counts. It is a very fine rifle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2005, 06:51 PM
oquirrh

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I shot my Henry pump this weekend in the rain and snow. At one point, I put 50 rounds of Blazers through it as fast as I could off hand. Danced two cans from 25 yards to 50. At the end the cans were more holes than can--just shivered when the rounds went through.

I've got a 4x scope on it because it shoots so good and I got old eyes.
I keep saying I'll put a williams peep on it, but the scope's so much fun.

FYI, I shot some Aguila Colobris. The round contains only primer--no powder and the report is drowned out by the hammer fall. A couple of the cases failed to eject properly. Same with some CCI CB Shorts. Both so-so accurate out to 25 yards.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Kevan

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Well, I've been shooting this Henry for a couple weekends or so now and come to love it even more every time. The accuracy is just great. This rifle is such that you just do not want to stop shooting with it. Easily the BEST .22 I've ever had.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:12 AM
Mike P.

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

with all these great reports, i just might have to buy one