Buck Mark Starter Thread - Page 4 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-28-2011, 01:07 AM
photoracer
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgraw8 View Post
Hi:
New to rfc and it appears that you and photoracer have a lot of posts. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience. I have been a gun enthusiast for about three months. I have purchased a Glock 19, Marlin 60, and a Practical URX. I have money down on a Buck Mark Hunter. Which brings me to my question. When is Browning planning on manufacturing and/or shipping a new supply of Hinters? There may appear to be a communications gap between my local retailers and Browning. Browning indicates that their top sales reps get the larger share of new shipments. Then the reps distribute them to their top retailers. So the consumer doesn't know when or where these guns may appear. I gave my money to a retailer in hopes that he is a top seller and will get a Hunter. I would rather give my money to a local retailer who actually knows that he will be receiving a shipment(of new Hunters) Any ideas?
Best idea is to look around for one. They are all made for Browning under contract by a company in Utah and they tend to do runs of specific guns based on demand. Hunters usually go fast from what I have seen.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:12 AM
photoracer
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRCampos View Post
Thank you Chim.

So, is it a good thing?

The accuracy of the Lite is better or worst than the normal weight?
Depends on what you are doing. Accuracy is not the real issue. A heavier steel barrel should be better for target shooting because it recoils less. A sleeved alloy barrel will be lighter and should make the gun easier to move faster for speed shooting. I'm not a fan of the Contour Lites for speed shooting due to the long rail. I prefer the discontinued Splash Lite models which are closer to a TS alloy setup weight wise than the Contours. The Contour looks sort of like a Desert Eagle rimfire with a full length rail on top. I would buy one for looks mainly.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 PM
mcgraw8

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Hello everyone:
Will the rail off of my Hunter fit onto my Practical URX?

Queeks
Old 01-29-2012, 06:20 PM
mcgraw8

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
picture

My new Hunter. Two month gestation.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-04-2012, 12:54 PM
whetrock

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Here's a pic of my new Buckmark Camper it's slowly becoming my favorite rimfire handgun. I'm seriously considering a reflex or red dot sight to go on top of it, maybe a primary arms of some sort.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Hansen

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thank you for this Thread. I just received my first Pistol yesterday, A Buck Mark Camper
Old 10-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Blastmeister
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I second the thank you. Excellent info about this lovely gun!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Doxiedad

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Awesome thread. I just picked up a Buckmark Standard URX Stainless yesterday after much reading and debating. Had to drive 2 hours to get it but I think she's worth it.

Haven't actually had a chance to shoot her yet. Anything I need to do first? My other pistols are Glocks so don't know if I need to break in or lube or what

Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 AM
jon p
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
FANTASTIC new camper urx MS

great first range session yesterday--WOW, what a NICE pistol!! my first browning, bought new at ACADEMYSPORTS. cleaned it up, light lube and added browning rail and SIMMONS 1x30 red dot. about 10 shots to sight it in and hours of pure plinking pleasure! 3-400 rounds through it, new out of the box and NO malfunctions, again NADA problems!! it ate cci m/mags, fed bulk AND winchester bulk. my 10/22 lite and sr22p were with me also but wont ever run without some trouble. my lite wont run with winchester white box bulk and my SR22P wont eat fed bulk! go figure, i will NEVER understand this, i am learning very fast all .22 ammo is not the same. the buckmark is one fine pistol, nice weight, well balanced even with the big red dot mounted, looks sharp and factory rubber grips are perfect, not something i usually say. no replacement needed on this one!! this has to be the most satisisfying pistol i have ever bought, and at $300. new is a real bargain. i see many fun plinking hours ahead with this one. oh by the way---it is very accurate, 25yard--indoor range max-- groups are very tight. i guess you can tell, i am 100% IMPRESSED.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Armored Saint

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You guys rock...thanks so much for all this info...Im picking up my ne Buck Mark Contour...today for Turners in Pasadena...lol then going to the range...
Old 04-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Mallardhunter
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just bought a new stainless camper. Can't wait to get to the range.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-17-2014, 08:57 AM
SikaPaddy

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Great site lads.

After plenty of research here, I finally collected a UDX Plus in stainless. Your posts were invaluable in helping make the choice to get a buckmark.

Deposit paid last June gun arrived in September - not bad for this jurisdiction.

A licence can take upto 3 months, we then apply for an import cert and export cert where the gun is located, and finally have the magazine restricted to 5 shots by a gunsmith.
Many hoops to jump through but worth it in the end.

Anyway, thanks for your wealth of knowledge - it will be called upon the more I use the gun!
Old 01-29-2017, 06:02 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplv View Post
g&m, you can take credit for bringing it all together. I appreciate it and I don't even have a buckmark yet, although I'm in the market for one. A lot of the information on these boards gets really spread out.
How about this one, sir? Other gunstores sell it for more than $500..Was able to get one just this month, the 7 inch barrel. Sexy as hell w/ no mar on the finish whatsoever.

http://grabagun.com/review/product/list/id/198858/

Or this one if you like shorter barrels..

https://grabagun.com/browning-35206303.html

Funny, their non stainless models are more expensive

The last time I checked they had about 20 units in their inventory so better grab one w/ gusto