Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-17-2019, 02:40 PM
flphotog
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
buckimark spring guide rod

Just curious, I just bought a new buck mark, sold my hunter a year or so ago, just didn't like the long barrel, the new Medallion with the 5.5 in barrel I love.
My question is that the new one has exactly the same guide rod as the old one, which is find, I have no issue with it.
However every place I look for spare parts it shows the guide rod as discontinued, how can it be discontinued if the still seem to be using it?????
Old 10-17-2019, 03:03 PM
DGF

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tandemkross sells a replacement that doesn’t use a “c” clip
Old 10-17-2019, 03:14 PM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Just bought one last night, found it was a little cheaper to buy it direct from Striplin then to go through Tandemkross. Will let you know how it works when I get it in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 03:48 PM
rdas
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Browning wants to sell you the "B5150065 RECOIL SPRING GUIDE ASSEMBLY
('01-PRESENT)", which includes the firing pin housing, firing pin, firing pin spring, firing pin retainer pin, recoil guide rod, recoil spring, and c-clip.

Link to that part at Numrich (Gun Parts Corp)
Link to that part at MGW (Midwest Gun Works)
I don't see it at Brownells or Midway USA.
You can also call Browning's Parts Department at 800-322-4626.

Or, as others have mentioned, there's the Striplin replacement, available from him directly, or resold from Tandemkross.

Why do you want a guide rod? If yours got bent, just bend it back to straight, and it'll probably work just fine.

Dave
Old 10-17-2019, 04:28 PM
flphotog
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdas View Post
Browning wants to sell you the "B5150065 RECOIL SPRING GUIDE ASSEMBLY
('01-PRESENT)", which includes the firing pin housing, firing pin, firing pin spring, firing pin retainer pin, recoil guide rod, recoil spring, and c-clip.

Link to that part at Numrich (Gun Parts Corp)
Link to that part at MGW (Midwest Gun Works)
I don't see it at Brownells or Midway USA.
You can also call Browning's Parts Department at 800-322-4626.

Or, as others have mentioned, there's the Striplin replacement, available from him directly, or resold from Tandemkross.

Why do you want a guide rod? If yours got bent, just bend it back to straight, and it'll probably work just fine.

Dave
Don't really want it just curious about the discontinued thing. Not really interested int the Striplin, don't have any problem with the factory rod, question was just out of curiosity.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:41 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The whole fire control assembly (firing pin, spring, rod, housing) is like $6.50 from Browning, though its $8 shipping. I don't shoot my Buckmark as often as some others, but I bought Billy Striplin's guide rod regardless, because it makes the takedown so much easier. Did this after losing 2 clips working on my Brother in law's gun, and having to put the fire control from mine in his til I could order parts. I've had the Buckmark since 03, bought the guide rod earlier this year. Didn't have a problem with the stock one either, but it simplifies things so well I had to do it.

Last edited by Flash_80; 10-17-2019 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:09 PM
Quick1
US Air Force Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_80 View Post
The whole fire control assembly (firing pin, spring, rod, housing) is like $6.50 from Browning, though its $8 shipping. I don't shoot my Buckmark, but I bought Billy Striplin's guide rod regardless, because it makes the takedown so much easier. Did this after losing 2 clips working on my Brother in law's gun, and having to put the fire control from mine in his til I could order parts. I've had the Buckmark since 03, bought the guide rod earlier this year. Didn't have a problem with the stock one either, but it simplifies things so well I had to do it.
Same reason I purchased, anything that makes takedown/cleaning easier I will be interested in.