Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2019, 11:41 PM
Sandalsnsocks

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My new varmint

Hi all, just brought home a new buckmark varmint. It came in a pistol rug in a box with a thread protector and a brake, an owner’s manual with no instructions for disassembly and no Allen wrench. I will try to post a photo, I know there are plenty of instructions for takedown here, but I was wondering how often I should change the recoil spring and any other advice. Thanks
Old 10-16-2019, 12:09 PM
rdas
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
First, welcome to RFC.

I've read where people suggest replacing the recoil spring as often as every 5,000 rounds, but my experience is that they'll continue to function just fine well beyond that, to at least 10,000 rounds. But, if you shoot a lot, you will need to replace it eventually. If you're shooting competitively, and can't tolerate issues like a weak recoil spring, then change it every 5,000 rounds just to be on the safe side.

My advice is to read the Buck Mark Starter Thread (in the stickies). It's getting a bit old, but it's still packed with good information. For example, it has links to threads with suggestions for what parts to get when you order your backup recoil spring from Browning's parts department, among other things.

And then go enjoy shooting your new Varmint.

Cheers,
Dave
Old 10-16-2019, 05:32 PM
dimeman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You would probably have to replace the buffer before the recoil spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2019, 10:19 PM
Sandalsnsocks

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks,