Kidd bolt handle upgrade - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-15-2019, 09:48 PM
M2HB's Avatar
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2004
Location: 
Phoenix, Arizona
Posts: 
28,572
TPC Rating: 
100% (4)


Log in to see fewer ads
When I was building a custom 10/22 for my son, I used a MOA receiver and I had a drop in Timney trigger for it. I needed an aluminum Ruger trigger housing for the Timney trigger. Chaser came to the rescue with a polished housing and his popular skull mag release. It was a big hit for my son when Christmas came along.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-15-2019, 10:00 PM
Cbman

Join Date: 
Mar 2016
Location: 
Ohio
Posts: 
73
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2HB View Post
When I was building a custom 10/22 for my son, I used a MOA receiver and I had a drop in Timney trigger for it. I needed an aluminum Ruger trigger housing for the Timney trigger. Chaser came to the rescue with a polished housing and his popular skull mag release. It was a big hit for my son when Christmas came along.
That is awesome he did that for you, and I do like the polished look, I bet your son was grinning ear to ear
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-15-2019, 11:21 PM
Nick7274's Avatar
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2016
Location: 
Central Ma.
Posts: 
3,082
TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbman View Post
was surfing fleabay and found Kidd on there, they had the black viton ring silver or the ringed silver, It was cheaper on there vs their website to ship it to me, but I seen pike arms had one that is captured, but have done business in the past with kidd on their bolt release and buffer was impressed with the quality, just wasn't sure if it was a much of a difference between stock and the Kidd to justify the cost
Definitely worth the cost. The action runs soooo much smoother with the Kidd guide rod. Once you take it apart a couple times it's pretty easy even with the spring not being captured (which I'm assuming gives some type of advantage). I have 14 10/22's and have Kidd guide rods in every one of them.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-15-2019, 11:28 PM
Chaser's Avatar
Chaser is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

Join Date: 
Aug 2005
Location: 
S.E. Idaho
Posts: 
20,524
TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Here is the Tony KIDD vid.. do it like this and it's no sweat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSIbnfg9nnI
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of
it." --Clint Eastwood
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-16-2019, 08:23 PM
Cbman

Join Date: 
Mar 2016
Location: 
Ohio
Posts: 
73
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
Definitely worth the cost. The action runs soooo much smoother with the Kidd guide rod. Once you take it apart a couple times it's pretty easy even with the spring not being captured (which I'm assuming gives some type of advantage). I have 14 10/22's and have Kidd guide rods in every one of them.
I'm glad to hear they're a great product, can't wait to get mine and try it out, and I'm sure I'll struggle some had a hard time yesterday when I cleaned my new one, I was spoiled by the ease of disassembly of the ar conversion kit, I haven't had a 10/22 for a couple of years
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-16-2019, 08:27 PM
Cbman

Join Date: 
Mar 2016
Location: 
Ohio
Posts: 
73
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Here is the Tony KIDD vid.. do it like this and it's no sweat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSIbnfg9nnI
Thank you Chaser for the video, I will have to try it that way, looks a lot easier then the way I've always done it, can't wait to get some of my other goodies in this weekend and share my build
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-21-2019, 09:24 PM
Mik_D's Avatar
Mik_D is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Sep 2014
Location: 
NC
Posts: 
83
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Here is the Tony KIDD vid.. do it like this and it's no sweat...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSIbnfg9nnI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbman View Post
Thank you Chaser for the video, I will have to try it that way, looks a lot easier then the way I've always done it, can't wait to get some of my other goodies in this weekend and share my build
Considering how old that video is, I can't believe I haven't seen it before!
Just the other day I struggled with reassembling mine after it had been sitting idle for... way too long! Of course, I was being lazy and doing it with the scope and barrel still attached.
I was thinking the entire time that there had to be a better way and sure enough there is!
Thanks Chaser for the link!

Last edited by Mik_D; 10-21-2019 at 09:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-21-2019, 10:24 PM
Chaser's Avatar
Chaser is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

Join Date: 
Aug 2005
Location: 
S.E. Idaho
Posts: 
20,524
TPC Rating: 
100% (74)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik_D View Post
Considering how old that video is, I can't believe I haven't seen it before!
Just the other day I struggled with reassembling mine after it had been sitting idle for... way too long! Of course, I was being lazy and doing it with the scope and barrel still attached.
I was thinking the entire time that there had to be a better way and sure enough there is!
Thanks Chaser for the link!
Ummm.. not sure if I'm reading that right but you do not have to dis-assemble/remove anything. Put your driver and wrench away.
__________________
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of
it." --Clint Eastwood
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-22-2019, 12:27 PM
Mik_D's Avatar
Mik_D is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Sep 2014
Location: 
NC
Posts: 
83
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser View Post
Ummm.. not sure if I'm reading that right but you do not have to dis-assemble/remove anything. Put your driver and wrench away.
lol, no just disassemble/reassemble as in take apart and put back together.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-22-2019, 02:03 PM
Nick7274's Avatar
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

Join Date: 
Dec 2016
Location: 
Central Ma.
Posts: 
3,082
TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik_D View Post
the video, I will have to try it that way, looks a lot easier then the way I've always done it, can't wait to get some of my other goodies in this weekend and share I was being lazy and doing it with the scope and barrel still attached.
I was thinking the entire time that there had to be a better way and sure enough there is!
Thanks Chaser for the link! <img src="https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/sthumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Blue Thumb" class="inlineimg" />
You don't have to remove the barrel or scope. In the video he's just showing how to remove/reinstall it and is using a receiver he probably had laying around. The only thing you have to remove is the rifle from the stock.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-22-2019, 09:22 PM
Mik_D's Avatar
Mik_D is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Join Date: 
Sep 2014
Location: 
NC
Posts: 
83
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
You don't have to remove the barrel or scope. In the video he's just showing how to remove/reinstall it and is using a receiver he probably had laying around. The only thing you have to remove is the rifle from the stock.
Agreed. It just made it slightly more cumbersome, especially since I was doing it the hard way to begin with.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x